The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will Power & Muscle Memory

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
I saw a random pic about An ice berg with 3 parts of human mind which are: Conscious, Subconscious and Unconscious mind which lead me to think about WP & MM.

So the iceberg says these below 3:
Conscious: Goal, Work, Decision, Plan, Analysis etc.
Subconscious: Belief System (It can reprogram-able IF you recognize it)
Unconscious: Guilt, Shame, mistakes etc

I did a survey about WP & MM and This is the simple and easiest way to grasp it without complicated words

What do you think? Any feedback?
Thanks for reading. I appreciate you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I saw a random pic about An ice berg with 3 parts of human mind which are: Conscious, Subconscious and Unconscious mind which lead me to think about WP & MM.

I did a survey about WP & MM and This is the simple and easiest way to grasp it without complicated words

View attachment 30031

Will power is both conscious and uncounscious(reflex/instinct) IMO.
At its most fundamental, it is the drive/reason behind your actions.

[conscious]Just starting to go to a gym? Its your will power that brought you there.
[conscious]Doing nasty chores around the house? Its your will power that drove you to do them.
[conscious]4 AM and the baby is crying for food? Its your will power that gets you out of bed.
[unconscious]You see a car going out of control, about to hit a person? If you sprint to save them before even thinking about it, thats your will power driving you to do it.
[unconscious]You see someone drowning? If you jump in the water to save them without thinking, thats your will power risking your life.

At least, this is how I see it.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Will power is both conscious and uncounscious(reflex/instinct) IMO.
At its most fundamental, it is the drive/reason behind your actions.

[conscious]Just starting to go to a gym? Its your will power that brought you there.
[conscious]Doing nasty chores around the house? Its your will power that drove you to do them.
[conscious]4 AM and the baby is crying for food? Its your will power that gets you out of bed.
[unconscious]You see a car going out of control, about to hit a person? If you sprint to save them before even thinking about it, thats your will power driving you to do it.
[unconscious]You see someone drowning? If you jump in the water to save them without thinking, thats your will power risking your life.

At least, this is how I see it.

That's a good way of describing like combination of both.
I like that.

If I make it short,

Internal - Conscious = It is something within my radius BUT I have 100% full control
External - Unconscious = It is not something within my radius BUT I have 50%-50% control depending on situation.

Thanks man! I appreciate you.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
There's an interesting book called Psycho Cybernetics from like the 60's that likens the unconscious mind to a "success mechanism.

The conscious mind is meant to analyze and make decisions while the success mechanism is meant to execute. The author puts forth the idea that a lot of our struggles come from trying to consciously execute when we should be relaxing and letting the autopilot handle it.

It's totally worth checking out. I got it for a few dollars at a used book store.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
There's an interesting book called Psycho Cybernetics from like the 60's that likens the unconscious mind to a "success mechanism.

The conscious mind is meant to analyze and make decisions while the success mechanism is meant to execute. The author puts forth the idea that a lot of our struggles come from trying to consciously execute when we should be relaxing and letting the autopilot handle it.

It's totally worth checking out. I got it for a few dollars at a used book store.
Yes. Uncle Maltz. I am familiar with that book and have scanned and skimmed it. I gotta do it again to brush up.
I think the biggest workload on the subsconscious mind where it takes sufficient time to reprogram the mind.
Thanks for the reminder man. I appreciate you.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain

View attachment 30031

hmmm....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1WTP4Q7KGE

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019

Good video.

If/Then Sequence: Make the situation work for you, not against you.
It's like participating a computer science class in high school & college.
Even Demarco talked about it in the book like the you can't go forward without putting the minimum variables what is asking upfront. I forgot the chapter.

Dopamine:

It makes sense by utilizing Video Game examples.
Look back at your history -> Know your personality, know thyself,
Working for 12-16 hours a day - Does this person resonate to you?
Ask thyself: Can you sleep in your workplace? something like that

Tummy Lock: Digestion -> Process

Purpose Lock: Value Creator, Builder, Creator etc.

Garbage Lock:
1) Something you can't tolerate in your life, get to know your radius/control etc
2) It hinders the blocking block

Thanks man. I appreciate you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.