The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will I hit the wall?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Gapple

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Dec 19, 2018
Hey there,

I have been working on a Saas app since March/April 2018 and I am not sure if I am going in the right direction. Here are some facts about my app:
  • It's a social media management app like Hootsuite, Buffer, etc. Currently, it looks more like AgoraPulse
  • For the moment it's literally (with only subtle differences) a copy of AgoraPulse
  • It only has two functionalities: publishing on Facebook and Youtube, and comment management (which is not even finished)
  • There are still bugs and many things related to the technical aspect which are not resolved
I feel like it's also important to share some personal stuff about me:
  • Last two years have been a little rough
  • I entered the job market
  • I had anxiety problems and experienced several panic attacks during the last 8 months. So some days I would be stressed because I was unable to work due to my anxieties, and then I would beat myself down because of this
  • Currently, I feel like I have less anxiety and can manage myself better
  • I never started any business before or any Saas app
The main problem that I see for the moment with my app is that it's only a pale copy of something that already exists. One day I saw a video of a guy who said that there is no need to innovate and that we can create a similar product and earn money by marketing it better. However, as I am approaching more and more the end of development I have more doubt about my success and feel like I am wasting my time.

Originally I wanted to put the app online for free and create a very close relationship with clients by making a video at least every two weeks. Ask them ideas and their needs on social media management and implement their ideas. However, I don't have a lot of time and the only solution that I see is to stop sleeping.

Then I thought about a feature that I wanted to develop in my app to differentiate myself, that would:
  • Check all comments for a period of time on a specific social media
  • Rank who commented the most and got more reactions
  • Allow the client to go directly on their profile to enter in contact with them
Currently, I see two actions that I can take:
  • Continue my original plan, and then implement the previous feature. The problem is that it's not original, and it's going to take more time
  • Create a micro-saas app consisting of the feature I mentioned above. This seems more easy and original
What do think about this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.