The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will apple airpods be a big seller?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Are you aware that the newest iPhone isn't going to have a separate headphone jack?
That's what I was thinking. I'm more into comfort of the ears. I used ear buds with the soft cushy feeling. I can't stand any earphones that are flexible and fit the ear perfectly. lol I don't care how good they sound or look if they hurt my ears.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Angelic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 19, 2016
Definitely, it's something new that Apple has never released before, AND IT'S APPLE.
A great up-sell by the company, many people will buy it.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I love my iPhone 7 plus and will be buying some sort of wireless headphones in the future possibly the airpods.

The EarPods connected to the lightening adapter work great during the time being.

To whoever said they don't see the difference between the iPhone 4 and later motels has to be kidding.

Sure the iPhone 4 will make your calls and check your emails. (I'm surprised it can handle the current operating system unless you haven't updated).

I sold cell phones for 4 years in high school and part of college.

The performance of the later iPhone models is astronomical to the slow and outdated 4.

From the dual lense camera, 128 and 256 internal storage options, faster processor....to name a few of many features added since the 4, apple continuously improves their products.

I think the biggest sell that switched me to apple (iPhone, iMac, MacBook Air) is how easy these products are to use and how they all synchronize with each other. What I do on my phone goes on my computer, what I do on my computer, my phone etc. and while you may be able to set this up through some sort of cloud file sharing program it's just too easy on apple.

Anyways now I sound like a big fan boy but I am. I like the products.

agreed.. the older I get, the more I just want a simple user expeirence where everything is just there. dont get me wrong i love PCs and adroid OS is great for cusotmization and using it how you wish... but Apple has done an amazing job where everything is just so streamlined amongst all products.

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 15, 2016
agreed.. the older I get, the more I just want a simple user expeirence where everything is just there. dont get me wrong i love PCs and adroid OS is great for cusotmization and using it how you wish... but Apple has done an amazing job where everything is just so streamlined amongst all products.
Agree 100% on this

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Should I send a message to a ton of Alibaba suppliers of earphones and see if they are able to do what I'm looking for? How can I find a manufacturer?

The way I did it is I put a simple mock up of what I wanted in Photoshop and attached it to my emails on my quote requests, so they had an idea of what I was talking about. In my case is something that already exists but a bit modified so they were able to make a quote (and the sample) using just my mock up image, if it's something innovative or more complex you might need to hire someone on, say, UpWork, to do a 3D drawing on CAD.

On Alibaba just search for products that are similar to what you want, say if you're trying to do a case search for cases, and start emailing the suppliers of the products.

Hope that helps you start!

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 15, 2016
Update: Found a supplier, they will be getting the mold ASAP and will be sending me samples ( about a 2 week process) Not sure why but they are charging me $70 for only two small cables o_O. They say they will refund me the money though once I order my bulk quantity. I hope it is just what I want. Will let you guys know what happens.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 5, 2014
I want to buy them and I own a flip phone. So i wouldn't even be able to use them lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.