The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why people reject face masks that might save millions of lives ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archer_Zero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
There are few points that I really don't get :
1. C0VlD-19 total death rate is about 2%, meaning for every 100 million cases, 2 millions die, for every billion case, 20 millions die ( these numbers are comparable to a brutal war )
- meanwhile, the yearly death rate for the united states for car accidents is : 38,000 people ( and we have driving license, speed limits, air bags & seat belts to reduce this number as much as possible )

2. facemasks & social distancing can save many many lives without invading anyone's life
( I'm not discussing travel ban or lockdown or vaccines, but simply wearing a mask, social distancing & washing your hands )

3. if you were the leader of the united states for example, what would you do to provide the best for your people ? ( would you keep life normal & let millions die ? )
- what do you think great past leaders & philosophers would do ( like Gandi or Lincoln or Marcus Aurelius ) ?

I realize this became a very politicized topic, however, the math is really simple & wearing facemasks & social distancing & washing your hands is also very simple, so I don't get why some people reject the idea.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
At the core of it there are two kinds of people in this world... Those that want to force other people to do things that they don't want to do, and those that do not.

I am in that second group of people and I would argue that forcing people to do something against their will is despicable.

There are a lot of debates about the efficacy of masks. There are debates about recoveries vs vaccines. Pretending even the science is one sided is a fallacy.

The policy of FORCING people to wear masks does not automatically equal "not letting people die."

A lack of mask mandate does not preclude concerned people from wearing them... And to be quite honest, under such a circumstance, I would go out of my way to make sure I respect their space. Under a mandate, there is no telling who is wearing one because of concern and who is wearing one because they don't want to be yelled at by a "good person."

Does a company need permission, via a law, to require a mask in their facility? No, of course not.

If I wanted to open say, a hardware store, and NOT require masks, does that preclude you from wearing one? No.

Does it preclude you from going to a hardware store that does require them? No.

The masks aren't the problem, the force is.

Liberty is more important than safety... and more importantly... YOUR safety is YOUR responsibility, NOT MINE.

Lastly... Before this thread is closed... F*ck face diapers.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Because they don't.

And beyond that, how much humiliation are people willing to put up with? These masks are ridiculous.

Many lives are not worth living.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
@Kak , an advocate for personal freedoms....

or what a democrat would call a right wing extremist conspiracy theorist :rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I forgot to answer the question... What would I do if I was the leader of the USA?

I would address the nation, a nation that was founded on liberty. I would tell them that though this disease should be taken seriously, it is not America to force you into lockdowns. It is not America to force you into masks. It is not America to wave the white flag and let an enemy destroy our liberties and freedoms. So consider the risks. Do what YOU think is necessary to protect yourselves and your families. Respect the choices of others. Weigh the costs and benefits of leaving your business open or temporarily closing the doors. These may be rough times ahead, but do whatever you need to do to weather the storm. We will face this, as we have no choice, and we will win. The ingenuity of an untethered American people is the best weapon we have in this fight to reach the other side with the least amount of destruction possible. Make good choices, because they are yours to make, not mine... and God Bless America.

Then, after I gave my noble speech, I would cut taxes by executive order.

Most days, I would only leave the golf course if they were shrinking the government and needed me to sign something. Otherwise they can take a hike.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
impeach KAK, he is a racist! :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.