The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why don't schools teach financial education outside the US?

Godmode

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 3, 2021
I mean FASTLANE financial education.

No country in the world does that.

Why don't they do it in countries where studying at universities is cheap/free, investing in the stock market and buying stuff on credit aren't popular, and mega corporations are non existent (so, not the US)?

Wouldn't these countries' governments profit from having more people interested in opening and running businesses, them exporting goods, paying more taxes (compared to a single employee) and, in addition, creating jobs and lowering the unemployment rate, thus, more taxes coming in?

If so, why does no other country in the world teach fastlane-related subjects in schools?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your question is akin to asking, "Why don't the machines who operate the Matrix teach their subjects how to get out of the Matrix?"

What is taught instead, is a honeypot of illusions, a new form of financial freedom that still serves the Matrix. Yes, you'll own nothing and be happy, eat bugs, and live in a 200 square foot housing cubicle organized as communes.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Why don't they do it in countries where studying at universities is cheap/free, investing in the stock market and buying stuff on credit aren't popular, and mega corporations are non existent (so, not the US)?

Wouldn't these countries' governments profit from having more people interested in opening and running businesses, them exporting goods, paying more taxes (compared to a single employee) and, in addition, creating jobs and lowering the unemployment rate, thus, more taxes coming in?

If so, why does no other country in the world teach fastlane-related subjects in schools?
If everyone had a business, there would be no employees. Plus do you think most people can be bothered to learn outside of their traditional education? People will whine if they have to do something extra. Most just don't want to become a producer of something.

Your question is akin to asking, "Why don't the machines who operate the Matrix teach their subjects how to get out of the Matrix?"

What is taught instead, is a honeypot of illusions, a new form of financial freedom that still serves the Matrix. Yes, you'll own nothing and be happy, eat bugs, and live in a 200 square foot housing cubicle organized as communes.
I was gonna joke and say that maybe you should open up universities for TFL, but I realised that this forum is the university. Bit ironic.

Godmode

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 3, 2021
Thanks for the replies but my question was more something like this:
The different economies in the world have, let's say, a 95% to 5% employees to business owners ratio. Wouldn't the tax man profit more from having a 90% to 10% ratio, especially in developing countries?

I know that in governments and cultures that have very little to do with the west (eastern europe, africa, and south east asia for example), investing is not a thing, credit cards are not popular, a majority of people doesn't even have a bank account, and perhaps those economies would benefit from a higher percentage of tax paying and job creating fastlane producers.

In other words, wouldn't these countries with developing economies profit from hypothetically giving their population a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane , since it creates more producers who create jobs and pay more taxes than the average citizen?

Knowing that if you teach the whole planet about MJ's books, the best you can get would only be a slight increase in people Interested in businesses. Most people are not willing to do what it takes to run a successful business, as you very well know.

What if they teach about unplugging to everyone, but since the 95% likes to stay plugged, they won't unplug, but SOME people, only the bravest and most determined 5%, WILL unplug from the machines, so that they can start businesses that pay more taxes than a single employee does, and create jobs, for the government's profit?

Aren't fastlaners more profitable than slowlaners/sidewalkers for these types of governments and developing economies?

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Fastlane mindset in the US vs. other countries...

Believe it or not, a major factor is genetics and culture. Americans are more aggressive in taking on risk (including financial) and this has paid off greatly, shaping the culture/economy/laws, further reinforcing the effect. This was caused by the selection process of emigrants who chose to take the risk to move, settle and stay there. This occured only a few generations ago. What happened to the risk-takers who remained in Europe? Many perished in WW1 and WW2.

How to create prosperity and growth through entrepreneurship in a country?

Education is a factor, but so is infrastructure, geography, foreign relations, culture (individualism vs collectivism), information access, government transparency, market access, fair laws and regulations, corruption level, buying power, mechanization level, poverty level, inflation level, taxation system, trade agreements. I'd say among these, that a FASTLANE financial education is a very minor factor. Wouldn't you agree?

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Knowing that if you teach the whole planet about MJ's books, the best you can get would only be a slight increase in people Interested in businesses. Most people are not willing to do what it takes to run a successful business, as you very well know.
As much as @MJ DeMarco is jumping up and down in his seat to become the next school textbook giant, I doubt this is going to happen.

A) "investing is not a thing, credit cards are not popular, a majority of people doesn't even have a bank account"

Many people cant afford to even feed their families - there is no security. Yes, there is a growing middle class but it's no where near the amount needed for a massive movement. We're lucky enough to have our needs met. If its either you 1. do entrepreneurship & fail multiple times (which takes resources) or 2. support your extended family and get your needs met - which is it going to be? Maslows hierarchy is great to look at for this.

That said, there are a lot of entrepreneurs in developping countries, we just dont hear them. Check out this site for indian investors to invest in entrepreneurs: Rang De P2P - Invest in Fellow Indians

B) Wouldn't these countries with developing economies profit from hypothetically giving their population a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane , since it creates more producers who create jobs and pay more taxes than the average citizen?

Government wouldn't do a dent into tipping the scales for more entrepreneurs. In my day to day life I come across so many people who have no interest in entrepreneurship and even question those people who "dare" to choose it. I doubt they would pick up a book on business - scrap that, they'd likely not even pick up a book in the first place AND THEY'RE IN THE FIRST WORLD! Not judging them, its just their choice. It's not only that, they have lots of other things influencing them - parents, family, friends. Thats going against primal instinct.
Aswell - we also look over the fact you have to be a certain type of person to be an entrepreneur. It's a hard & often lonely path that requires you to run into brick walls over and over to get somewhere. Imagine telling someone "its ok, I'm getting better at running into brick walls & actually, its rewarding!". People would look at you like a nutter.

C) "Aren't fastlaners more profitable than slowlaners/sidewalkers for these types of governments and developing economies?"

Yes you're right, but its not just about the money
. Say if we did train 5% of the population to be fastlaners. Is it the best business model to teach a vast majority of the population how to go about handling money, invest, create businesses, get better at communication & critically thinking? Nah. Control is far more valuable - sit down, shut up, watch your football, eat this shit, buy this crap you dont need & don't learn about the world. There is so much claptrap that people keep in there heads - its sedating.
I find it amazing how I've been in school for the past decade and not once have they taught me how to learn and be self sufficent - most people dont even know where to start. Hence you got people like Jordan Peterson & Andrew Tate becoming guides for people.

I dont mean to come across pessimistic in this, I really wish that everyone could be an entrepreneur but I doubt many people want to even consider going down a route that hasn't been trodden.

Last edited:

freek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2022
Netherlands

let's be honest a lot of entrepreneurs want to be entrepreneurs for selfish monetary reasons. Yes entrepreneurs solve problems but let's not forget the importance of policemen, nurses, guards, farmers, plumbers etc. You can only have so many entrepreneurs in a country and honestly sometimes as a society we need a blue collar worker more than a new cryptocoin or some new gadget

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.