I'll admit this thread is fueled by my lack of sleep. For myself, being tired allows this kind of question to bubble forth.
A somewhat well-known individual in the sales world posted to social media about what they have (vehicles, homes, businesses), what they're getting involved in, and what they're purchasing for their birthday: a McLaren.
They've earned it, brought value, put in the work, put in the years of effort (nine, so far), so why do I feel envy?
According to Bustle.com, "The basis for envy is wanting what another person has, and it's proposed that it's not actually an unhelpful thing to feel; it's a part of our development of what Psychology Today describes as our "self-evaluation," in which we compare ourselves to others and compete with them."
Internally, I'm struggling with whether I'm not doing enough or if I'm doing too much of the unimportant. I've come a long way since March 2016 and have made strides personally since joining the forum months ago. I consider where I will be in another 7.5 years. I am grateful to be here and surrounded by others who have succeeded or are working toward it themselves. But when you feel like you should be further ahead, or have that 'pull' that you belong/fit somewhere else, it can be difficult to overlook.
It's probably a sense of entitlement that I need to eliminate. The comments will likely refine that fault.
A somewhat well-known individual in the sales world posted to social media about what they have (vehicles, homes, businesses), what they're getting involved in, and what they're purchasing for their birthday: a McLaren.
They've earned it, brought value, put in the work, put in the years of effort (nine, so far), so why do I feel envy?
According to Bustle.com, "The basis for envy is wanting what another person has, and it's proposed that it's not actually an unhelpful thing to feel; it's a part of our development of what Psychology Today describes as our "self-evaluation," in which we compare ourselves to others and compete with them."
Internally, I'm struggling with whether I'm not doing enough or if I'm doing too much of the unimportant. I've come a long way since March 2016 and have made strides personally since joining the forum months ago. I consider where I will be in another 7.5 years. I am grateful to be here and surrounded by others who have succeeded or are working toward it themselves. But when you feel like you should be further ahead, or have that 'pull' that you belong/fit somewhere else, it can be difficult to overlook.
It's probably a sense of entitlement that I need to eliminate. The comments will likely refine that fault.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
