The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why are people broke ? The answer in one picture

A post of a ranting nature...

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
To make money

thank-you-captain-obvious.jpg

ToniLene

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Sep 9, 2015
That one big event pushes them to make the changes and when the avalanche comes crashing down. Some of them aren't at that point yet. And when it does happen for some they keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I'm not sure why some of us do wake up and smell the coffee, but I know some die never getting it, and never learn from their mistakes.

Many people don't learn from their mistakes because they live life on autopilot and there is no in depth psychoanalysis going on. How you were conditioned to experience life as a child greatly affects how you experience and respond to life as an adult. Many of us need to reprogram our mind/thoughts because, frankly our parents failed us(speaking for myself at least) and we haven't let go of that anger/pain which will affect(cloud) every decision you make in life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
So cold turkey. All gone. No more Facebook and I don't miss it one bit.

Good on you! I've been threatening to do this for the longest time, but can't quite seem to just do it.

It really does feel like a waste of time, and I especially hate all the negativity.

However, there's that little piece of me that thinks maybe I'll miss something!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Good on you! I've been threatening to do this for the longest time, but can't quite seem to just do it.

It really does feel like a waste of time, and I especially hate all the negativity.

I have to admit feel that before I did it, but I made sure when I stopped that I had something I knew I could switch to that would be more valuable to me. I even set up a redirect to go from Facebook to entrepreneurial forums so I'd be learning something of value if I did slack off. Truth is though I hated the idea I had to be hand held and need a redirect so I ended just doing it. I promise you a week away from it and you'll be wondering why you were ever concerned about it!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
The really bizarre thing about Facebook is how it sucks people into believing it's a whole separate universe. After being off Facebook for 6 weeks earlier in the year before my big break, I had 10 people I am friends with off FB, but don't see that often spamming my FB inbox to ask if I was alright as I hadn't updated... Each of them had my phone number and direct email, yet couldn't see past FB as a way of contacting me!

Deusexmachinex

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Sep 1, 2015

Bro, If you think that you are missing something on facebook... you didn't spend enough time on it LOL.

Come on, log back and check out your news feed. You'll see the exact same thing that you were seeing last year.

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
Bro, If you think that you are missing something on facebook... you didn't spend enough time on it LOL.

Lol, true.

TBH, I rarely post, if at all and only go on there once or twice a week for 10 min or so. Even then it frustrates me though.

I really only signed up in the first place to keep in touch with friends I made while living in the USA. I can't help but feel I'd be cutting all ties if I got rid of FB. People rarely seem to e-mail anymore unless for work/business.

That's my 'excuse'.

I just gotta get on with it and hit the 'delete' button!

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
I just gotta get on with it and hit the 'delete' button!

Don't delete it, learn to control yourself instead. I have a feeling that people delete FB because they can't control themselves which could in return backfire elsewhere.

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
Don't delete it, learn to control yourself instead. I have a feeling that people delete FB because they can't control themselves which could in return backfire elsewhere.

That's a valid point.

I'm certainly not addicted to it and could easily for a week or longer without looking.

I can't help but feel like it would be a load off the mind like @Imgal said above.

I just don't like the negativity even in small doses, and all the posts 'just for show'.

There's a big part of me too that wants to go against the grain. Everyone around me is on it, and they say you should go in the opposite direction of the crowd....

The jury is still out there for me anyhow.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
That's a valid point.

I'm certainly not addicted to it and could easily for a week or longer without looking.

I can't help but feel like it would be a load off the mind like @Imgal said above.

I just don't like the negativity even in small doses, and all the posts 'just for show'.

There's a big part of me too that wants to go against the grain. Everyone around me is on it, and they say you should go in the opposite direction of the crowd....

The jury is still out there for me anyhow.

You can go in the opposite direction in multiple ways. A lot of them who say that you should go in the opposite direction want to, but can't because they are slaves and not the masters od their own mind. You said that you signed up to keep in touch with people you met in USA. If these people are important to you and FB is the only way (or the best) to keep in touch, then stay. Going in the opposite direction doesn't mean becoming an outsider. It simply means adapting to everything you can in a way that could benefit you. Deleting it prevents you from going, but the temptation strengthens the willpower.

Deusexmachinex

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Sep 1, 2015
Agree with using Fb only for messages. I still have FB with very few close friend, 0 content (no pics, no like, etc...), I only check it out for messages. I use this and skype.

ALso +100 for not using TV. Now this is really useless.

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
Right Freaking On !!!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Many people don't learn from their mistakes because they live life on autopilot and there is no in depth psychoanalysis going on. How you were conditioned to experience life as a child greatly affects how you experience and respond to life as an adult. Many of us need to reprogram our mind/thoughts because, frankly our parents failed us(speaking for myself at least) and we haven't let go of that anger/pain which will affect(cloud) every decision you make in life.

You have that right. I've used that anger as leverage every step of the way. I suppose it propels to me to reach my greatness. They're just a distraction at this point in my life, and I've learned to stay focused and keep moving forward. There's nothing I can do about that generational crap accept breaking the patterns and teaching my son to head in this same direction. Which I have succeeded so far. I've been doing this since I was pregnant, and I will keep leading him to the end zone by my own example. It doesn't matter what happen in the past. It only matters what I do at this point. This point today is the point you move forward. I don't live on autopilot anymore. The way I respond to life today is totally different.

It's a waste of time and energy focusing on what family says or does if it's not propelling you forward in life. Perhaps that sounds selfish, but I feel it's selfish to hold back people from reaching their full potential just because they're to lazy to do the same. Bottom line you have full control over where you want to go in life. You can follow bad advice, drama, and be held back or walk out of it, do what it takes to become successful.

Clinton Larson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 24, 2015
Ok a lot of businessmen out there are sharks. Ok business is a dog eat dog world and without law to regulate it it can really turns into evil (its actually because of human nature). Now at the other side of the mirror it's not only society's fault. I really realise how mediocre and broke most people are when I see this:

how-to-block-invitations-from-candy-crush-saga-and-dragon-3.jpg

I think about this each time I hear someone bitching about their boss,their life, their coworker. When they say " I don't have enough money to buy organic food " or " I don't have time to go at the gym " or " I don't have time to read books ".

Those people have an excuse for litteraly EVERY SINGLE THING !

Man If you don't know what to do with your time go do some CHARITY. Each hours that you've spent losing your soul playing Bubble Island / looking at The Voice, could have been better invested into SLEEPING. Go back to bed an hour earlier instead of that ! You'll do better the next day you'll have more energy.

Most people are so negative this is crazy. This is really the breaking point between a successful guy , and a pathetic person.( Remember successful doesnt necessarly means lots of money.)

A successful person whether gives you good mood, good energy, praticle advices, positivity, or, if he's busy or if you're a timewaster, he just doesnt talk with you ! PERIOD.

Why would a successful guy spend one minute of his precious time puting somebody down ?

When you meet a guy whose main occupation is to bitch and put down people, you immediately know that he's a frustrated person. Now everybody can be in a bad mood sometimes. But when it becomes a habit, you know the guy's a loser. Even if he has money.

I hear those people who gave up on their life so long ago that their new hobby is to spy eachother till they can find something to gossip about.

One of my friend recently told me he found a job at mcdonald and can't take it anymore. I told him dude you want another job try to stand out. You have plenty of free time why dont you try to catch the manager of X store at the end of the day ? why dont you make yourself an online CV ? You'd immediately stand out from 99% of all the losers who come at the job interview drunk, dressed like shit, smelling like weed and with a big a$$ ad on their head who says " LAZY LOSER ". Why not go to the interview with a suit ? Ok its a lot to ask for a dead end job but at least you could have something else that mcdonald that you hate to much.

The guy said: " you serious ? haha ... nooooo wayyyy " (he was stone).
(Now you may ask me why do I lose my time with this guy , be sure I have good reasons)

So thats it. Most people are LAZY. They just want society / life / someone to gives them permission. To tell them what to do " Do a, then b, then c, then d, if it works you take all the glory, if it doesnt you can blame me for giving you a bad map".

That's why I end up deleting 90% of my " friends " on FB.

Bottom line:​

1-CUT THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR LIFE
2-FOCUS ON STUFF THAT MATTERS
Wish you guys the best, thanks for reading.

PS: Don't forget to hit the like button if you appreciated my rant !

That's a good point. It's like the old mountain bike saying, "Look where you want to go. Don't look where you don't want to go."

I've noticed the happier and more successful I am, the less likely I am to put other people down or focus on the things I don't like. Ultimately, I don't like the things I don't like, and would rather not have them around. Would rather spend the time with things I do like, like sleep, as you mentioned above. Or starting another business!

Thanks for the thoughts and positivity!

Remnant

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 9, 2015
I used to get upset over how lazy people can be, then I realized that the masses of lazy = more opportunity for those who aren't.

I contemplated deleting most of my pseudo/occasional friends from FB, then I realized I'd only have like 2 people left, haha. Dumped the whole thing all together. Just have a dummy page now for managing pages.

Did the same thing 3 years ago- the kicker is the information people provide on that site seem to do more harm than good. Also, Facebook is a filtered reality so it's no wonder most users are depressed when social comparison kicks in after long scrolls through the feed.

I find it offensive when people gawk at the fact that I don't use or have a facebook. I just smile and change the subject; there is no changing the minds of people that don't understand this.

For business purposes it's different.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.