The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who trades on the ASX?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

RAiMA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 24, 2007
Sydney, Australia
At the risk of only getting replies from chirping crickets, I'm gonna ask the question anyways :p

Who trades on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) and what investment strategies do you guys use?

Just interested to see the type of investors we've got here :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Adam Cerantivu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 10, 2015
Sydney NSW Australia
Australian Tax Office has a "1 year & 1 day" rule for individual share traders, that being - if you hold a stock for '1 year & 1 day' you only pay tax on half of the profit you made (example: you make a AUD$40,000 profit but tax office only charges tax on $20,000 of the profit) on the ASX ['A'ustralian 'S'tock E'X'change]

Now my question is, would it also apply 'in-whole' to the fictional scenario below..?

29th June 2014 ~ 10,000 shares of stock code MJDM is purchased
29th May 2015 ~ 15,000 share of stock code MJDM is purchased

On the 1st of July 2015 can all 25,000 shares be sold as part of the '1 year & 1 day' rule..? Reason I ask is, when you buy new stock of a share 'the purchase date' does not seem to change/upgrade on one's online share-trading platform and stays unchanged as the 1st date you purchased the very first batch of that stock

-

@RAiMA @alclassico @Avisto @a-train @FreeMan @Serks @Kerin12 @Pilatus @Aljosa @Langers @Jean-Pierre @buggy @David @jrws @Get__itDone @davizinho @walesbj @FlavioMoreira @Katerina @chrischapman @Limitl3ss @PDeezy @CrazyChris @Deki_mal @tsenen @Sydants @SYK @MrAnthony @Melbournian @Bambooing @Stu_Hefner @shangbang @WarWizard @JAMES-L67 @Oztrepreneur @10lapsdown @valuecreator @OzzieRob @randomizor @linguini @Jimbo @PHD @JackWood @wadza @MikeAU @Goobii @Wal903 @buckmajor @thinkingbig @Schooby @earlymornings @kenlee_au @Ubjob @Tehcasa @1up @andrew_woolman @Bearcorp @simplykickass @bane @codo3500 @1ord @Concept @BookwormMitch @Sindi @Mr.B @ProInvestor @cantwait2 @brett_atredback @Brander @garysvpa @LinorCG @Mikhael @Couttsy

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I make Fastlane investments anywhere in the world. Give us some examples and your reasons and we will comment.
Well Ren I'm delighted to be able to get your informed input.

I'm an investor in an Australian company that is pioneering drone delivery. As in you buy a drone from their website and a company Kangaroo will deliver the drone to your door in 30 minutes or you get a free copy of "Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles" (extended DVD). The USP is sensational but the company is having some slight issues with the employee Kangaroos randomly hopping around and failing to make the deliveries for some unknown reason.

What would be your advice regarding a company pivot to using a Koala-based delivery system? It would increase adorableness significantly.

FIFL

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Feb 17, 2015
Australian Tax Office has a "1 year & 1 day" rule for individual share traders, that being - if you hold a stock for '1 year & 1 day' you only pay tax on half of the profit you made (example: you make a AUD$40,000 profit but tax office only charges tax on $20,000 of the profit) on the ASX ['A'ustralian 'S'tock E'X'change]

Now my question is, would it also apply 'in-whole' to the fictional scenario below..?

29th June 2014 ~ 10,000 shares of stock code MJDM is purchased
29th May 2015 ~ 15,000 share of stock code MJDM is purchased

On the 1st of July 2015 can all 25,000 shares be sold as part of the '1 year & 1 day' rule..? Reason I ask is, when you buy new stock of a share 'the purchase date' does not seem to change/upgrade on one's online share-trading platform and stays unchanged as the 1st date you purchased the very first batch of that stock

-

@RAiMA @alclassico @Avisto @a-train @FreeMan @Serks @Kerin12 @Pilatus @Aljosa @Langers @Jean-Pierre @buggy @David @jrws @Get__itDone @davizinho @walesbj @FlavioMoreira @Katerina @chrischapman @Limitl3ss @PDeezy @CrazyChris @Deki_mal @tsenen @Sydants @SYK @MrAnthony @Melbournian @Bambooing @Stu_Hefner @shangbang @WarWizard @JAMES-L67 @Oztrepreneur @10lapsdown @valuecreator @OzzieRob @randomizor @linguini @Jimbo @PHD @JackWood @wadza @MikeAU @Goobii @Wal903 @buckmajor @thinkingbig @Schooby @earlymornings @kenlee_au @Ubjob @Tehcasa @1up @andrew_woolman @Bearcorp @simplykickass @bane @codo3500 @1ord @Concept @BookwormMitch @Sindi @Mr.B @ProInvestor @cantwait2 @brett_atredback @Brander @garysvpa @LinorCG @Mikhael @Couttsy
Not sure, I'm guessing each trade will be treated individually.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.