D
Deleted27835
Guest
I made a short introduction post a few days back but after browsing through the forum for hours I wanted to be a bit more thorough!
My name is Brendan (if you didn't already guess
), I'm 22 and I live in Vancouver Canada. Growing up I always wanted to do something that made a significant difference in the world. Since getting out into the 'real world' and leaving home I spent 2 years on a wild spiritual journey that took me to several different countries while I asked some pretty serious questions like 'who am I', 'what do I want out of life', 'where am I going' etc. Coming back home and getting more grounded and out of some of the woo-woo I found myself in, I've naturally become more interested in business and entrepreneurship. I'm glad that I'm already coming into it with a service oriented approach and am thinking about how I can add value rather than just thinking about how I can get rich.
What I'm currently doing for money is running a seasonal lawn care business. I work in the spring (march-june) and in the fall (sept-oct) providing a popular lawn service. I go door to door and am hustling every day throughout the season. Once I make the sale, I then do the job, then I make another sale etc. Not only is it mentally/physically tough, I also am on the road for 4 months of the season, living out of the back of my truck while I work. It is really a full out grind but has a pretty nice upside. This year I mae $38,500 in 5 and a half months. As I got the hang of what I was doing, I got alot better, making $12,500 in september alone. Next year I think I can make around $60K now that I've got it all down. While this job is teaching me a ton and is really making me mentally and physically tougher, it is obviously not an ideal set up by any means!
As I've read books like MJ's and learned about all the different ways you can create systems that generate wealth, I've been looking for my own unique way to put it all together in a way that is making an impact in the lives of others and is also freeing myself from the time for money trade. About 2 years ago I started a FB page sharing my thoughts and experiences as I searched for meaning in my life. To my surprise the page grew pretty quickly and now has over 6,500 people on it. I've been kind of stagnant with the page recently but am thinking of ways I can move those people over onto my own platform and start generating content there and then down the line start monetizing.
I'm really grateful to be here and have already received tons of value just by reading over some of the content on this forum. I'm hoping to develop some positive relationships with some of the people in here and am always open to constructive criticism an being called out on my shit if I am making excuses or selling myself short! I also am weary about posting only about myself with my questions and concerns and am thinking of ways that I can add value back to the forum. Thanks for reading
My name is Brendan (if you didn't already guess
What I'm currently doing for money is running a seasonal lawn care business. I work in the spring (march-june) and in the fall (sept-oct) providing a popular lawn service. I go door to door and am hustling every day throughout the season. Once I make the sale, I then do the job, then I make another sale etc. Not only is it mentally/physically tough, I also am on the road for 4 months of the season, living out of the back of my truck while I work. It is really a full out grind but has a pretty nice upside. This year I mae $38,500 in 5 and a half months. As I got the hang of what I was doing, I got alot better, making $12,500 in september alone. Next year I think I can make around $60K now that I've got it all down. While this job is teaching me a ton and is really making me mentally and physically tougher, it is obviously not an ideal set up by any means!
As I've read books like MJ's and learned about all the different ways you can create systems that generate wealth, I've been looking for my own unique way to put it all together in a way that is making an impact in the lives of others and is also freeing myself from the time for money trade. About 2 years ago I started a FB page sharing my thoughts and experiences as I searched for meaning in my life. To my surprise the page grew pretty quickly and now has over 6,500 people on it. I've been kind of stagnant with the page recently but am thinking of ways I can move those people over onto my own platform and start generating content there and then down the line start monetizing.
I'm really grateful to be here and have already received tons of value just by reading over some of the content on this forum. I'm hoping to develop some positive relationships with some of the people in here and am always open to constructive criticism an being called out on my shit if I am making excuses or selling myself short! I also am weary about posting only about myself with my questions and concerns and am thinking of ways that I can add value back to the forum. Thanks for reading
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
