Ok we're in an era of information overload. And I've hit my boiling point with the large mass of information that's just noise. I love to read and better myself through actionable and valuable information but it's getting harder and harder to trim the bs.
For example, If I read another fluff CNN Money type article (written by people who don't have very much money themselves) or some blogger teaching you how to launch a 7 figure product online (created by a dude who makes 40k a year) I'll lose it.
So, I'm making some changes. I'm going to get super selective now on who I consume information from. This includes advice from friends and family as well…98% of which aren't as successful as I am.
Not that I'm the top dog…hardly..but if they haven't been there themselves I don't want to hear it. I know it sound harsh but I have to start making some changes in terms of who I let influence me and who I let in my 'inner circle' so to speak.
Anyway, I started thinking who are the people I will continue to listen to or take advice from and really only a few names came to mind. These are people who are further along the journey, have been there, or are smarter than me.
So, I'll list a few of these people for me. Would love to know your list? (Bonus points for why?)
My Current Influencer List
1. Jay Abraham. His approach to thinking about marketing and strategy is 2nd to none. Every time I study some Jay I pick up something actionable. He's on another level. I make money from Jay's advice. I could just read Jay and I'd be straight for years.
2. @MJ DeMarco Every day I think about the strategies in the Millionaire Fastlane . It's one of the guiding lights I use as I make decisions about my business. I make and continue to make money from MJ's advice. I've expanded upon the concepts in so many great ways. Thanks again MJ!
3. Rich Schefren. He creates products for real online business owners. People trying to scale and build 7 figure businesses not just make 1k on the side. No fluff just real and actionable information.
3. Steven Pressfield As entrepreneurs we're breaking barriers and taking calculated risks every day. His book War Of Art helped me recognize my own fears and realize that's when you attack those fear thats where all the opportunities are. Another book I think about on a daily basis.
4. Kobe Bryant - He's an a**hole. I get it. But he's also somebody that will take it to a level that 99.9% of people are afraid to go. That's what I'm talking about! He's a take no prisoner type of guy and I love him for it. Not afraid of the pain or the work. Super successful, super hard working, prodigious, and super wealthy. I learn from him regularly. Not so much what he says…but what he does.
Honorable mention
5. Brian Tracy - He's got hundreds of books. Once you read 2 Brian Tracy books you've probably read enough. He repeats a lot of the same concepts over and over in every book. None the less those repeated concepts are great.
6. E-myth revisited…I've only read this 1 book by Michael Gerber but helped me realized how I'll continue to scale my business with systemization and the right employee training going forward.
I know i"m leaving a bunch of people out here but I just wanted to get this out there.
Now it's your turn...
For example, If I read another fluff CNN Money type article (written by people who don't have very much money themselves) or some blogger teaching you how to launch a 7 figure product online (created by a dude who makes 40k a year) I'll lose it.
So, I'm making some changes. I'm going to get super selective now on who I consume information from. This includes advice from friends and family as well…98% of which aren't as successful as I am.
Not that I'm the top dog…hardly..but if they haven't been there themselves I don't want to hear it. I know it sound harsh but I have to start making some changes in terms of who I let influence me and who I let in my 'inner circle' so to speak.
Anyway, I started thinking who are the people I will continue to listen to or take advice from and really only a few names came to mind. These are people who are further along the journey, have been there, or are smarter than me.
So, I'll list a few of these people for me. Would love to know your list? (Bonus points for why?)
My Current Influencer List
1. Jay Abraham. His approach to thinking about marketing and strategy is 2nd to none. Every time I study some Jay I pick up something actionable. He's on another level. I make money from Jay's advice. I could just read Jay and I'd be straight for years.
2. @MJ DeMarco Every day I think about the strategies in the Millionaire Fastlane . It's one of the guiding lights I use as I make decisions about my business. I make and continue to make money from MJ's advice. I've expanded upon the concepts in so many great ways. Thanks again MJ!
3. Rich Schefren. He creates products for real online business owners. People trying to scale and build 7 figure businesses not just make 1k on the side. No fluff just real and actionable information.
3. Steven Pressfield As entrepreneurs we're breaking barriers and taking calculated risks every day. His book War Of Art helped me recognize my own fears and realize that's when you attack those fear thats where all the opportunities are. Another book I think about on a daily basis.
4. Kobe Bryant - He's an a**hole. I get it. But he's also somebody that will take it to a level that 99.9% of people are afraid to go. That's what I'm talking about! He's a take no prisoner type of guy and I love him for it. Not afraid of the pain or the work. Super successful, super hard working, prodigious, and super wealthy. I learn from him regularly. Not so much what he says…but what he does.
Honorable mention
5. Brian Tracy - He's got hundreds of books. Once you read 2 Brian Tracy books you've probably read enough. He repeats a lot of the same concepts over and over in every book. None the less those repeated concepts are great.
6. E-myth revisited…I've only read this 1 book by Michael Gerber but helped me realized how I'll continue to scale my business with systemization and the right employee training going forward.
I know i"m leaving a bunch of people out here but I just wanted to get this out there.
Now it's your turn...
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
