The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which one to read first TMF or Unscripted?

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
Just wondering which one should I start with. I'm already addicted to this place and the knowledge that's present in here. Can't wait to learn more from those books.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kalin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 20, 2017
Canada
I just finished TMF but haven't read unscripted - I'm assuming they can be read in either order, but TMF was a) a really big eye opener and b) a really good place to start in terms of putting things in perspective and pointing you in the right direction on how to get a fastlane life started. Can't recommend it enough and will be reading unscripted shortly as well. Just pick one and go!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Just wondering which one should I start with. I'm already addicted to this place and the knowledge that's present in here. Can't wait to learn more from those books.

As I always tell myself, if both of these two books fell into the sea, I would save Unscripted first. ;)

Unscripted has everything the other book has (except for a few things like those decision making charts) and it goes into much deeper detail. I love how sarcastic the author is when he talks about the sidewalkers and slowlaners in the book lol

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Doug Smith

Changing Lanes
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 27, 2016
Detroit, Mi
Can't say for sure. I read TMF first, then unscripted . Interestingly enough I recently re-read TMF , so maybe that's a sign.

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
Thank you all for your humble replies. The best part being around this forum is that people aren't rude while giving genuine advises unlike other forums. Apart from this getting replies and advises from people like @MJ DeMarco is just a great feeling.

Thank you for all the suggestion. I'll read the thread Mj posted here.

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Here's another thread on the topic... (3 pages worth...)

Fastlane or Unscripted? Which first?

Personally I think you should start with Unscripted . But most feel TMF is the better start.

I read TMF first and then Unscripted ...

Let me tell you...

I can't recommend the 2nd one enough to anyone that'll listen.

I liked it so much it was actually my first Audible purchase add-on, as well.

I can't put my finger on it, but, TMF, although good...it didn't resonate with me as much as the 2nd one.

That second one made me a fan of MJ...like diehard.

With that being said...I'm working out how to go FL, and so thought it'd be a good idea to refer back to TMF again.

I'm doing stuff in the High Ticket Consulting with Copy Space, and STILL find Unscripted so relevant and applicable.

While I sense MJ isn't a fan of the High Ticket Coaching model, I KNOW there would be throngs of folks lining up EAGER to shove money in his pockets just for the opportunity to be personally (even if virtual) mentored by him.

Yes, of course, most folks would be action fakers, but...

MJ's intuition knows how to sort through the B.S.

My vote...read Unscripted first...then go back and nerd out with the charts, graphs and worksheets of TMF.

Hope that was a helpful rant.

Regards,

Los

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.