The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where were you 10 years ago? (Jan 1 2010)

lobo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 20, 2019
Hmmmm, was 11 years old.. Business wasn't on my radar back then lol.

Was focused on school, video games and girls :rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dereklacrone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Sep 15, 2019
10 years ago I was transitioning from a criminal lifestyle to what “normal” people do, was attending community college, working a 9-5, seeking a cleaner way of living. I was walking around with heavy weights on my mind and shoulders “trying to fit in” and feeling like an imposter “what if..” people found out how I grew up? What I was doing.... fast forward now, it has been an incredible 10 year journey where my story became my power and my independent thinking and life experience has allowed me to help many entrepreneurs and kids and people to level up their lives by sharing the work I’ve done to grow myself. game on 2020 :)

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Was completing my senior year in high school, knowing I'd never choose to go to college (never did).

I'm currently still finding my way to make a living on my own as opposed to relying on an employer. No success yet but doubt I'll ever give up. If there's one thing that has been a recurring theme from all the way back then until now its that I just can't settle and thrive on pursuing risks. I guess I got to make it happen somehow.

Entering this year with as much inner peace and understanding as I ever have in my 27 years of life and I don't even have any real money at the moment.

Glad I read MFL and found this forum.

guy marshall

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 2, 2017
yorkshire England
10 years ago, I was living in my hometown as an unmotivated high school student with no money, no girlfriend, no idea what I wanted to do with my life, and no goals.

Now I'm happier than I've ever been, doing high value work for companies that need help with their advertising and media buy teams. I'm engaged and am living in a supportive environment with people I love.

I'm not where I want to be yet (far from it) but I've made significant progress since being a high school student who only cared about playing video games and chatting up girls (and failing at it the vast majority of the time)

Where were you 10 years ago? Are you happier today than you were then? Has it been a successful decade for you?
Hey well done progress so far …...
ten years ago I was 4 years into my electrical engineering business and 1 year into my real estate investment business...its funny because it took about 8 years to become a millionaire but then only a further four years to become a multi millionaire I still enjoy what I do now with work optional.
Mindset is key and the best of luck....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
10 years ago, I was working a full-time, salaried job with benefits. I loved the company, I worked 100% remotely unless I chose to go in to the office for something, and my deal with them was "any 40 hours/week and never more."

I was homeschooling my daughter, who was in high school, and my state doesn't have strict lesson plan requirements or anything like that, so we were having a lot of fun with it. While some things (like algebra) are what they are, we tailored a lot to her interests, and we took a lot of road trips.

Today, I'm 100% freelance, working about 25 hours/week, and for the first time in my life working on building something with the potential for passive income. I make about twice as much money as I did in that last full-time job, work less, and have half as many people to support, but none of that has made a significant difference in my life because I'm not really into stuff--the thing I've always wanted to "buy" is freedom and flexibility, and I've had that for a long time.

On balance, I'd say I'm pretty close to the same amount of happy, but back then was slightly better. Possibly that will change, but I kind of doubt it--I've traveled a lot, worked with a lot of great people, gotten to know some of my "idols" and had success in several different fields I really enjoyed, but I've yet to encounter anything in life that quite measures up to parenting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.