The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to Next?

iced_steez

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 18, 2019
Hello All -

New member and have recently finished Unscripted . I must say it was a fascinating read; it detailed so many thoughts/feelings I have been having for over the past year. So many times was I catching myself saying out loud, 'hell yes! I couldn't have said it better myself.' It was different than many other articles I have read as it's blatancy was eye-opening and appreciated. I see so much of the 'Script' around me every single day. It is so incredibly easy to get sucked back in without even realizing it and it's absolutely maddening. I travel consistently for work, and although I love travelling, I do not like where I am going and do not value or find any meaning in the work I am doing (ERP Consulting); not to mention it isn't on my own time! I have felt this way for a really long time, but so many times does my brain disregard these thoughts and makes it appear to be totally okay.

From my interpretation, MJ essentially provides a checklist/formula/template of how to achieve success. Yet, it is still very puzzling to me (the Script mentality is putting up massive blockers). Where is it I need to apply these principles? I do not necessarily have an product/service idea for direct application. I honestly don't know if I am a creator, or better off a subordinate or part of a team of partners pursuing a long-term vision I actually care about. I am on a journey of self-awareness and getting to know myself, how I operate, what I value, etc., but don't know how apply everything and sincerely break-out. As MJ said it best, I feel I am 'circle-jerking' around, which is the most frustrating part.

Have others been in this same position? You want it, but don't know where to turn or what to do next?

Happy to be a part of a community such as this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bbmhmmad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 4, 2019
Hey,

Another forum newbie here but my advice would be to keep a list of ideas and once you have 5-10, narrow it down to the best one and just start working on it. Even if it doesnt work out, you'll get 'experience points' just from doing something independently outside of work. Sounds like you might have 'analysis paralysis'. This ties in with 'kinetic execution' as outlined in Unscripted . Solve problems as they arise, dont wait till you have the whole puzzle figured out. Hope this helps.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Start with the value, the need, and the solution you seek to give the world and then everything should fall into place.

When I was just getting started, I could have picked up dog poop and been happy about it VS a job.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...