The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Where to Next?

iced_steez

PARKED
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 18, 2019
Hello All -

New member and have recently finished Unscripted. I must say it was a fascinating read; it detailed so many thoughts/feelings I have been having for over the past year. So many times was I catching myself saying out loud, 'hell yes! I couldn't have said it better myself.' It was different than many other articles I have read as it's blatancy was eye-opening and appreciated. I see so much of the 'Script' around me every single day. It is so incredibly easy to get sucked back in without even realizing it and it's absolutely maddening. I travel consistently for work, and although I love travelling, I do not like where I am going and do not value or find any meaning in the work I am doing (ERP Consulting); not to mention it isn't on my own time! I have felt this way for a really long time, but so many times does my brain disregard these thoughts and makes it appear to be totally okay.

From my interpretation, MJ essentially provides a checklist/formula/template of how to achieve success. Yet, it is still very puzzling to me (the Script mentality is putting up massive blockers). Where is it I need to apply these principles? I do not necessarily have an product/service idea for direct application. I honestly don't know if I am a creator, or better off a subordinate or part of a team of partners pursuing a long-term vision I actually care about. I am on a journey of self-awareness and getting to know myself, how I operate, what I value, etc., but don't know how apply everything and sincerely break-out. As MJ said it best, I feel I am 'circle-jerking' around, which is the most frustrating part.

Have others been in this same position? You want it, but don't know where to turn or what to do next?

Happy to be a part of a community such as this.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

bbmhmmad

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 4, 2019
Hey,

Another forum newbie here but my advice would be to keep a list of ideas and once you have 5-10, narrow it down to the best one and just start working on it. Even if it doesnt work out, you'll get 'experience points' just from doing something independently outside of work. Sounds like you might have 'analysis paralysis'. This ties in with 'kinetic execution' as outlined in Unscripted. Solve problems as they arise, dont wait till you have the whole puzzle figured out. Hope this helps.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Start with the value, the need, and the solution you seek to give the world and then everything should fall into place.

When I was just getting started, I could have picked up dog poop and been happy about it VS a job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom