The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to find Non-Technical Co-Founders for an African Fintech Solution

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Damien Boss

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 12, 2020
France
Hello everyone,

I'm on my journey to launching an MVP for a product idea I had in the fintech space. I'm 100% technical, I know how to build software from servers to mobile apps, and I have several years of working experience in that area. So, as you might have guessed, I have no issue building my product idea or finding where to outsource some of the work. The biggest difficulty I now have is at the level of non-technical stuff, like selling and understanding the banking and finance industry. The reason why I've been looking for a cofounder in that area of expertise. I've been reading, researching, and consulting on that area, but it is broad and requires much insight.
I've been searching in my small network, friends, etc... But I've almost always been around technical people so it is kind of difficult.
My question is; could anyone please advise me on ideal places where to search for someone with the skills mentioned above?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hello everyone,

I'm on my journey to launching an MVP for a product idea I had in the fintech space. I'm 100% technical, I know how to build software from servers to mobile apps, and I have several years of working experience in that area. So, as you might have guessed, I have no issue building my product idea or finding where to outsource some of the work. The biggest difficulty I now have is at the level of non-technical stuff, like selling and understanding the banking and finance industry. The reason why I've been looking for a cofounder in that area of expertise. I've been reading, researching, and consulting on that area, but it is broad and requires much insight.
I've been searching in my small network, friends, etc... But I've almost always been around technical people so it is kind of difficult.
My question is; could anyone please advise me on ideal places where to search for someone with the skills mentioned above?
Your location is listed as France. Look for startup meetups in France Paris, France Startup Events | Eventbrite

If you're looking for them in Africa, go to startup meetups in Africa. Lagos Nigeria example - Startup Businesses groups in Nigeria

if you're looking to meet them remotely, look in various communities on Reddit or Discord or reach out to people in the finance space on LinkedIn

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.