The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where should I RELOCATE?

Anything related to matters of the mind

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
I decided that a year from now I will relocate after my first failed startup.

If you please can advise me for anywhere that matches few or all of the following:

-People speaks native or good English(preferable) or Spanish(less preferable)
-This country is in a good economic stand(Strong currency and people there has money) and has a lot of skilled (high-tech) people to work with.
-This country is in the EU union(I will have a Spanish citizenship)
-This country is cheap to live in, has a BIG market and surrounded by countries with BIG markets.
-Developed country with big city and lots of people.
-Warm climate(compared to other EU countries)

THANKS! (I currently live in Israel)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Just going to go out on a limb here and say Berlin. Rent has been historically cheap, the city is experiencing a renaissance of sorts and its population is growing quite fast. Co-working spaces are quite popular, the start-up hub is growing, and you're in the center of Europe, with Germany's strong economy. 10 hours to Paris, and less than that for another handful of countries. Compare it to Frankfurt, Germany's financial capital, and its much much cheaper.

English will get you what you need but it is a good opportunity to expand and learn another language as well. If you're looking for a place a little smaller and more central to Germany, try Kassel. Simply put, an amazing city. Pretty high tech. Affordable rent. Bonus: enjoy public transportation? Sit back and relax in your high end Mercedes bus.

Overall, warm summers and mild winters with some bouts of coldness. Nothing you can't handle.

Its just one choice out of a few, I don't think you can go wrong with it but there may be better options.

EriTay

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 12, 2016
Auckland
People speaks native or good English = UK, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
This country has high-tech people: UK, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
This country is in the EU union: UK, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium
This country is cheap to live in, has a BIG market: Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium
Developed country with big city and lots of people: Germany
Warm climate(compared to other EU countries): Germany

Congratulations, the country you are looking for, doesn't exist! :D

Best,
Eri
MyHub

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
In a nutshell: you want to find a South-European country with a strong economy? It's probably easier to find East-European country without corruption.

European countries with most potential economically are the Netherlands (voting today, maybe no more EU-member soon lol), Germany (same comment as NL), Ireland (not sure). But, climate sucks in those countries.

Last edited:

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
What about Gibraltar?

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
You are simply not going to get all of that....but you could consider Malta. They speak English, but it's small. Are you saying that English or Spanish are the primary languages? Because I've just travelled Europe and outside of the cities not many people speak fluent English...holland being one of the exceptions.
If you decide on Spain can I recommend looking at Galicia, it's great there and not as touristy.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
In Europe you cant have all of that at once. I tried living in Malta and it sucks, basically 3rd world. Better to suck it up, live in a AAA country with strong economy, high costs and bad weather, grind it out, move to warm climate when you reach 8-9 figures. So the Germany suggestion is good, although I lived in Berlin for some time and its too alternative/liberal for my taste. As an international with low budget its probably your best pick though.

Last edited:

Hicks

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 28, 2013
UK
In Europe you cant have all of that at once. I tried living in Malta and it sucks, basically 3rd world. Better to suck it up, live in a AAA country with strong economy, high costs and bad weather, grind it out, move to warm climate when you reach 8-9 figures. So the Germany suggestion is good, although I lived in Berlin for some time and its too alternative/liberal for my taste. As an international with low budget its probably your best pick though.
I found that all things considered Germany was not that expensive considering the average wage. Though food seemed to vary in price from region to region (don't know if this was the case or if I just went to more expensive shops in some regions ) Things work out there and the Germans make excellent customers in my opinion. They buy things (as opposed to constantly wanting freebies)...and appreciate it when you offer a good product. I personally loved Switzerland but it was insanely expensive.

Also in all seriousness if you have to compromise on the weather....maybe the UK? You'll have at least two years until Brexit and you will need to find another Visa alternative.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
Just curious, why are you moving out of Israel?

It seems like the place to be for startups, especially for technology.

Hey @Kingmaker , I can tell you on private.

What about Gibraltar?
I'm not sure, it seems like a very small country, 30k people.

@Hicks @theag @Longinus @Dark Water
So at first glance, it seems like Germany is the way to go. of course, I need to do my homework before.

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Dec 14, 2014
If you are relocating, why not consider something outside the EU? The mid Atlantic States on the east coast of the U.S. have great climate and a rising economy. I moved to North Carolina last year and this area has a lot going for it. That said, my plan is to stay put until my son is done with school (because he's happy here) then looking toward South America for a few years.

If you want easy access to big markets, it's here in the US. In decades past people flocked here for political reasons and as much as some of my countrymen like to think people still come for freedom the practical reality is that people come here for opportunity. The access to customers is unparalleled. Throw in that this place is huge with many climates so there is something for anyone.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
If you are relocating, why not consider something outside the EU? The mid Atlantic States on the east coast of the U.S. have great climate and a rising economy. I moved to North Carolina last year and this area has a lot going for it. That said, my plan is to stay put until my son is done with school (because he's happy here) then looking toward South America for a few years.

If you want easy access to big markets, it's here in the US. In decades past people flocked here for political reasons and as much as some of my countrymen like to think people still come for freedom the practical reality is that people come here for opportunity. The access to customers is unparalleled. Throw in that this place is huge with many climates so there is something for anyone.

I think its just due to he has a Spanish citizenship and can move around freely in the EU, while trying to get into the US right now for any extended period of time is probably hell. Especially when you are startup focused and don't have a secure job in specific wanted industries to show for.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
For what you're trying to do, is it necessary to be in the same physical location as your hypothetical high tech workforce or is telecommuting an option?

If you're laptoppreneuring, have you considered SE Asia?

trying to get into the US right now for any extended period of time is probably hell.

Not just right now. Freakin' always. I'm an American, and I love America, but I would never want to deal with the insane amount of bullshit you have to go through on say, an EB-5. You don't need that in your life if you're trying to start a business too.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen

where do you live currently? @theag

tristano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 31, 2015
That place simply doesn't exist. And if I should choose an european country to set up a new business. I'd choose Germany, the climate is not that bad as they say, also.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
If you want to move to the EU simply because you can relocate there with no visas, permits, etc., then I'd also consider non-EU countries that are immigration-friendly.

For instance, you can stay in Georgia for 360 days visa-free (it's not a big country, though). As far as I know, Chile is very welcoming and it's very easy to get a residency permit there, plus it meets almost all of your requirements.

Panama and Mexico could be good choices, too (Panama because of Friendly Nations, Mexico because it allows you to stay there 180 days and it's easy to extend it). Colombia would probably work, too.

In Asia, Malaysia could be possibly a good place for you. South Africa could probably fit the bill as well (not sure about the immigration laws).

You can also consider the United Arab Emirates, but it comes with certain cultural aspects and other issues (especially in your case).

tristano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 31, 2015

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Why not Thailand? It's cheap, fast internet, lots of entrepreneurs. Just have to watch out for the action fakers. But if you can find a good group of people that are the real deal then it's a good spot. It really doesn't matter where you are in terms of it being a good economy. You're building an online business (I think?) that can be run in any country.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Just a note regarding living in EU, you may need demonstrable financial means if you want to be permitted residency.

For example, Italy requires a permesso di soggiorno (permit of stay) which should be attained within the first 8 days if you're a non EU citizen, or 90 days if you hold a "schengen visa" (EU citizen). Actually scratch that, you don't need permesso di siggornio but a Certificato di residenza - which requires...

Union citizens have the right of residence in Italy for a period of longer than three months if they:
  • are workers or self-employed persons in Italy;
  • have sufficient resources for themselves and their family members not to become a burden on the social assistance system during their period of residence and have comprehensive sickness insurance cover, or any other equivalent means;
  • are enrolled at a private or public establishment for the purpose of following a course of study, including vocational training and have sufficient resources for themselves and their family members not to become a burden on the social assistance system and a comprehensive sickness insurance cover;
  • are family members accompanying or joining a Union citizen who has the right to reside in Italy for more than three months.
Although the EU has many quirks, you should make yourself aware of the rules of the country before you go.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.