The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm 16 and want to meet more likeminded friends. Where should I start?

AlanP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 11, 2023
Hey! My name is Alan.

I have some friends that I get on the game often with and hit the gym with, but they aren't interested in improving themselves and living life on the Fastlane like I am. And every so often they even make fun of me for trying to become the best version of myself by reading self-development books. I know, crazy right?

I was wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations or some strategies I can use to meet some more like-minded, young entrepreneurs that can motivate each other etc...

This would be good for IRL meetups and just meeting more fun, energetic, people that are DRIVEN for the best version of life.

Thanks for the help, excited to see these replies!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Hadrian9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Nov 22, 2022
While I’m trying to find this out myself, one tip I can give is to stay in touch with your current friends even if they aren’t on the same page of self improvement. You don’t have to be best buds, but stay in contact. Sometimes a past friend will start to struggle and will seek guidance from someone who has gotten on to self improvement. I had a somewhat friend for a long time that recently got onto self improvement, and now we’re boys.

Djo

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Oct 31, 2022
Hey! My name is Alan.

I have some friends that I get on the game often with and hit the gym with, but they aren't interested in improving themselves and living life on the Fastlane like I am. And every so often they even make fun of me for trying to become the best version of myself by reading self-development books. I know, crazy right?

I was wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations or some strategies I can use to meet some more like-minded, young entrepreneurs that can motivate each other etc...

This would be good for IRL meetups and just meeting more fun, energetic, people that are DRIVEN for the best version of life.

Thanks for the help, excited to see these replies!
I am facing the same problem too. I had friends like yours that I took the decision to unfriend them after years of friendship, people outgrow each other and you should not feel bad for unfriending people that are holding you back on your ambitions. I currently have 2 friends that I do hang out with, and I started choosing carefully who I spend my time with because you simply are the average of the people you spend the most time with. I cannot really tell you much about meeting up with like-minded people, I am really struggling with that too as a third world country, people do not think outside the box at all, their biggest ambitions is to get a degree, get a job, build a house and marry. But I am putting myself out there, I am trying to find people that are aiming at greater things, through social media mainly.

AlanP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 11, 2023
I am facing the same problem too. I had friends like yours that I took the decision to unfriend them after years of friendship, people outgrow each other and you should not feel bad for unfriending people that are holding you back on your ambitions. I currently have 2 friends that I do hang out with, and I started choosing carefully who I spend my time with because you simply are the average of the people you spend the most time with. I cannot really tell you much about meeting up with like-minded people, I am really struggling with that too as a third world country, people do not think outside the box at all, their biggest ambitions is to get a degree, get a job, build a house and marry. But I am putting myself out there, I am trying to find people that are aiming at greater things, through social media mainly.
Hey Djo!

I'd be willing to connect man here or through something like Discord if you want to talk more.

Thanks for the assurance that there's more people out there in the same situation as me.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I don't know bro. I wonder where entrepreneural people are...

jokes aside, this exact thread has taken place a few weeks ago. Heck, the joke above ^ is a worse version of one of the jokes from that thread LOL.
I honestly don't know anymore what the takeaway was from that thread, but try to focus more on yourself first I'd say.
I don't know your progress, but you honestly don't sound too attractive to work with. All I heard so far was that you game here and there, go to the gym and read books. It isn't bad, but what seperates you from most "self-improvement" people is action. You could read a thousand books but it would be no use if you can't implement that knowledge.

As for your actual question, I think it's really hard to meet like-minded people at that age (and also kinda in general?). Everybody in my school is lazy, playing games all day, etc. I've tried to meet people outside of school and the only place I succeeded in finding (mostly) hard-working people was a music seminar/masterclass whatever.
The "problem" there was that they weren't entrepreneurs but musicians. Good luck finding entrepreneur classes for teenagers. Maybe you're lucky though.
Good luck.

Djo

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Oct 31, 2022
Hey Djo!

I'd be willing to connect man here or through something like Discord if you want to talk more.

Thanks for the assurance that there's more people out there in the same situation as me.
Sure, here is my discord wolfman#1862 , let's talk there!

AlanP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 11, 2023
I don't know bro. I wonder where entrepreneural people are...

jokes aside, this exact thread has taken place a few weeks ago. Heck, the joke above ^ is a worse version of one of the jokes from that thread LOL.
I honestly don't know anymore what the takeaway was from that thread, but try to focus more on yourself first I'd say.
I don't know your progress, but you honestly don't sound too attractive to work with. All I heard so far was that you game here and there, go to the gym and read books. It isn't bad, but what seperates you from most "self-improvement" people is action. You could read a thousand books but it would be no use if you can't implement that knowledge.

As for your actual question, I think it's really hard to meet like-minded people at that age (and also kinda in general?). Everybody in my school is lazy, playing games all day, etc. I've tried to meet people outside of school and the only place I succeeded in finding (mostly) hard-working people was a music seminar/masterclass whatever.
The "problem" there was that they weren't entrepreneurs but musicians. Good luck finding entrepreneur classes for teenagers. Maybe you're lucky though.
Good luck.
Thanks man!

Yea, after reading the original post over I do think I made myself sound boring as hell.

Thanks for the advice though, I really appreciate it.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Highly unlikely that you will be able to find a large number of entrepreneurs at this age bracket. Most of your peers are playing video games or scrolling through an app.

If you insist on being surrounded by high achievers, move to the best school in your city. But I would suggest not relying on others for motivation and learn to be self-driven instead.

And start working on something tangible. Reading self-help books means nothing and could actually be harmful in the long run.

AlanP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 11, 2023
Highly unlikely that you will be able to find a large number of entrepreneurs at this age bracket. Most of your peers are playing video games or scrolling through an app.

If you insist on being surrounded by high achievers, move to the best school in your city. But I would suggest not relying on others for motivation and learn to be self-driven instead.

And start working on something tangible. Reading self-help books means nothing and could actually be harmful in the long run.
Thanks for the response man!

Yea I try to keep my daily screen time under 3 hours and not on YouTube or something since I don't have TikTok but I sometimes bounce up to 4 which I really need to work on.

I just finished Millionaire Fastlane yesterday and I'm already to the drawing board thinking of potential business's I cant start using the CENTS framework.

But I agree, I should motivate myself and learn to be alone rather than around friends that don't support my goals.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
If I were 16 again, I'd get more involved in after school activities (business/tech/engineering related), just try to participate in various things and put myself out there, even if it means getting uncomfortable. Definitely spend a lot of time at the gym and do your research. If you live in a city, find a couple of nice cafes to become a regular at and get some studying/working done there.

AlanP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 11, 2023
If I were 16 again, I'd get more involved in after school activities (business/tech/engineering related), just try to participate in various things and put myself out there, even if it means getting uncomfortable. Definitely spend a lot of time at the gym and do your research. If you live in a city, find a couple of nice cafes to become a regular at and get some studying/working done there.
Great advice man, thanks a lot!

There’s a new Starbucks opening literally right next to my house so I’m gonna invest some cash into a laptop and start going there to get school work done and other research for potential businesses, and I think it’d be great to connect with others as well.

YoungsterJr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2023
Thanks for the response man!

Yea I try to keep my daily screen time under 3 hours and not on YouTube or something since I don't have TikTok but I sometimes bounce up to 4 which I really need to work on.

I just finished Millionaire Fastlane yesterday and I'm already to the drawing board thinking of potential business's I cant start using the CENTS framework.

But I agree, I should motivate myself and learn to be alone rather than around friends that don't support my goals.
I’m in the exact same situation as you man, and I’m also 16. I just wanted to tell you to work hard and persevere. It makes me happy to see people my age trying to better themselves and escape the rat race. Good luck, cheers mate!

YoungsterJr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2023
I’m in the exact same situation as you man, and I’m also 16. I just wanted to tell you to work hard and persevere. It makes me happy to see people my age trying to better themselves and escape the rat race. Good luck, cheers mate!
Also I couldn’t help but notice that we both joined this forum on the same day haha. Cool Coincidence!

AlanP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 11, 2023
Thanks for the assurance man!

Thanks for reaching out.

MaximOntheRoad

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jan 4, 2023
Hey Alan, My name is Maxim. I am a 17 year old German. I would love to connect and get to know each other. If youre interested just message me either here or on my instagram: everyday.maxim

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.