• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

GOLD Where I have been this time... and why I'm famous at Wells Fargo

Discussion in 'Mindset, Motivation, Choices' started by Kak, Sep 10, 2016.

1. inttrade123

inttrade123 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1

I read about your sourcing raw materials business. I do this at my day job and we do this on a slightly larger scale.

I tried to PM you, but for some reason it won't let me (probably because this account is new, for anonymity). Shoot me a PM if you'd like to chat, I might be able to help you.

2. Kak

Kak Legendary Contributor LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $25,811
    No thanks. We are doing just fine.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Kingmaker, Omni, theag and 3 others like this.
  3. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $101,483
    Lol. For anonymity?

Kingmaker, Omni, Vectra1 and 3 others like this.
  4. inttrade123

inttrade123 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Ok cool.

I had another account on here that I made ages ago but I stopped using it because my username is part of my name and it's pretty easy to find me. Ok for talking to people but not for a public forum.

5. blackkramer

blackkramer Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,098
    That is a poor excuse, I am pretty sure it would be possible to have your screen name changed if you were serious about that

6. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $101,483
    Please PM @Andy Black with your other screen name so we can combine them so you don't get booted by an IP match.

7. Ronak

Ronak Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,497

Why not share something of value publicly, just like @Kak has, you don't have to give away your identity or trade secrets, but add something to the conversation based on your position...

8. Kak

Kak Legendary Contributor LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $25,811
    Trade secrets are a dime a dozen.

Raoul Duke, Kingmaker, Ronak and 2 others like this.
  9. inttrade123

inttrade123 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    I wouldn't recommend just jumping into something like this. If you do, you have a very long road ahead of you and a lot of trial and error.

The owner of my firm had 15 years in the industry before starting to do this.

It can be done, but you better know how to sell to big companies effectively and deal with suppliers.

10. Ronak

Rep Bank:
    $3,497

Pretty sure @Kak didn't wait for his 15 years of experience

So what can you share from your experience that can help anyone on the forum with this?

There are a lot of people on here that deal with suppliers and b2b customers-- you can add your perspective as an employee of a large firm dealing with this every day.

11. inttrade123

inttrade123 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    Yeah I can, just not on my lunch break. This really falls into higher level sales/enterprise sales which I can touch on later.

The experience isn't necessary.

However, it helps a lot to know what is going on. When moving from a large company to doing it on your own, it is more akin to riding a bike for the first time, after riding one with training wheels. Compared to running around like a maniac trying to see what works.

12. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $101,483
    KAK had exactly ZERO experience. Hell... I remember his first deal. He literally didn't even know what the exact commodity was (in scientific terms). All he knew is that he had a buyer/client with cash, and a seller that had the commodity.

I had a boss once (VP/Best Buy) that told me it mattered zero what the industry --- that buying and selling transactions were all the same minus the particular paperwork. The deals flow similarly. Real estate, consumer electronics, energy. You buy at a price, and sell at a price.

Mac, blackkramer, Raoul Duke and 9 others like this.
  13. inttrade123

inttrade123 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    It is. However, try starting an oil company then come back to me telling how easy it was :).

I'm trying to figure out why everyone on this forum is so proud of dead end jobs when you can get a job as a sales rep at a software company or the like, be in on the deals as an employee, and then go from there.

Compared to trying to code something or run aff offers while trying to survive somehow.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  14. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $25,811

If you think we are saying it is easy... You completly ignored the point of this entire thread.

15. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $25,811
    You hit the nail on the head... People who say you need to pay your dues before you're allowed to be successful are FOS.

The only dues I pay are to my country club.

jpanarra, Mac, blackkramer and 11 others like this.
  16. G-Man

G-Man Gold Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,949
    [​IMG]

17. #nowhere

#nowhere Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $966
    so, now I lose the thread. Who is/was/will be proud of such a job??

Kingmaker likes this.
  18. Ronak

Rep Bank:
    $3,497
    Was just reading through this again...by bringing your own transportation, you mean using your own forwarder instead of having the supplier use theirs?
    I've always done this for the cost savings and to have more control over the process, but hadn't considered the anti-fraud benefit. This would presumably make it more difficult to obtain fake BOLs?

What if you had combined a preshipment inspection AND a container loading inspection as a condition on the LOC, would that have prevented it from going through?

19. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $25,811
    There is an additional part to the stock deal I discussed. It is about keeping a cool head and holding your tongue even when you want to, and can, and should, tear someone apart. Business is not what Donald Trump makes it seem like on the apprentice where everyone is fired and suck my balls. Even though it's hilarious.

Effectively conducting business is operating an intricate network of assets that you shouldn't break.

I will hit on this tonight.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  20. LightHouse

LightHouse Platinum Contributor LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $18,504
    You are reading the wrong threads and reading from the wrong people.

A lot of friends I talk to week to week are vets on this forum, none of them are trying to learn to code or running affiliate deals trying to survive.

21. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $25,811
    Couldn't have said it better myself... I have never written one sentence of code nor have I ran an affiliate offer in my life. I have had times where I sacrificed a more comfortable and stable income for the life I knew was out there... Some people are willing to make the sacrifice and do what it takes... Others aren't and that is good because we need employees.

I would do it again too.

22. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $25,811
    Im not sure I understand...

If the goods become mine in China, and I bring in my own reputable transportation, standing right in front of them while they load it, I see zero risk.

The inspections can only be trusted as much as you would trust an inspection company in China... At the volumes we are talking they are absolutely susceptible to 6 figure bribes. How many 15k per year Chinese inspectors do you think would decline a 200k briefcase full of money to let a shipment slide? I bet a good percentage would skip town.

The point is, when you are dealing with enough money to change someones life in each and every transaction... You are a lot more exposed to this kind of once-and-done rip off artistry.

In person transactions until net terms could take over and trust is achieved is the only thing I can think of to mitigate the risk in China on deals this large.

Bigguns50, Ronak, Kingmaker and 2 others like this.
  23. Kak

Rep Bank:
    $25,811
    Continuing in reference to this POST

He agreed to my proposal... Said where do I sign... THEN became the kind of jackass I would NEVER do business with.

Thankfully there was nothing to sign that day. I said we will have to have a subsequent meeting to hammer out the exact performance metrics he needs to hit in order to receive his stock issuance. He said OK lets meet soon. I agreed, I was going out of town on a ski trip to Canada and wanted to get it hammered out BEFORE I left so that he could begin laying groundwork.

I shot him an email the following day... When do you want to meet?... Crickets...

I called him the next day... Left Message... When do you want to meet? Call me back... Nothing

This goes on for about a week. I get an email. A bunch of questions about the numbers of the new company. A little bit of jackassery that rubbed me the wrong way, but I humored him and answered his questions... Again asked WHEN DO YOU WANT TO MEET?

He thanks me for answering the questions and doesn't answer my question.
    At this point I call my lobbyist who hooked me up with this prick. Will you get this guy to answer my question? You know him better maybe he is just a big pussy.

Lobbyist proceeds calling, emailing and texting this asshole while I am in Canada... Nothing. He even called this guy's assistant and asked if he was in the hospital or something... He wasn't. In fact his stupid democrat ass was on twitter talking about how great Meryl Streep is. My lobbyist is PISSED. Im PISSED. This asshole voiced interest in our offer. It was an extremely generous offer and at this point in time it was 19 days since we heard from him.

The following was his last chance... I sent it to him, basically to say, we understand it was the holidays, but this crap absolutely can not happen again.

(Jackass Name,)

(lobbyist) and I have made extraordinary efforts to get ahold of you, due to your potential value to our company, expressed interest and likelihood of success on both discussed projects we have carried on trying to get ahold of you much longer than we would typically.

As I am sure you can understand, we absolutely can’t have a partner who does not communicate with us, and the amazing value that you could provide is mitigated if this becomes a pattern.

We are simply trying to set up a meeting to hammer out the details of an agreement with you. We always conduct business in a mutually advantageous manner and we planned on dispelling any concerns you might with concessions and annotations in writing, making sure you were 100% comfortable working together.

Being that this is a very large potential opportunity for both of us and that you are unparalleled in the expertise and connections to get all of us across the finish line, I would like to give one last chance to reach out and arrange a meeting with us to get the ball rolling. You have voiced interest in this project to (lobbyist) and myself. If you are actually interested in our generous offer, we need to hear from you ASAP because we are going to begin seeking alternative representation today.

Thank you (jackass), I look forward to hearing from you.

Finally a response after that one... 3 weeks since he agreed to work together.:

My proposal to serve you is - to be retained and compensated on a monthly basis with an agreement to be retained for the life of any contracts obtained.

My standard consulting fee starts at $5k a month, with a $5 - $10k initial retainer.

I am willing to adjust this to a $2,500 retainer, with $2,500 a month until a contract is signed, and then it would be adjusted to $5k a month for the life of the contract. For each new contract signed thereafter, I would receive an additional $2,500 a month for the life of each new contract. At the point that at least five contracts have been successfully achieved, I would be willing to consider your original offer of 20% ownership of the company.

Absolutely HILARIOUS. I am no longer interested in doing ANY business with him. This incoherent grasp at money after the least impressive performance of someone trying to win a job I have ever experienced in my life had me DREAMING of what to say next...

-Sorry, but I'm not currently in the market for a $200k per year disappearing act.
    -Your house is worth less than you want to get out of me per year.
    -You have never made that kind of money in your life.
    -Your skillset is so narrow that only I can turn your bullshit into money and you aren't worth 1/10 of what you have requested.
    -I should have trusted my gut about hiring a loser democrat.
    -I even considered telling him how interested I was in the proposal only to wait a month to tell him my counter proposal is $100 per month..
    Etc..

My actual response to him:

I am sorry, but I am unable to come to those terms. I truly appreciate your reply today and your honest feedback.

If I can ever be of any networking help, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,

Why? Don't make enemies for the sake of being right. He deserved to get ripped to shreds, but I don't want to start a fight that could damage my reputation. The fight would gain me precisely nothing.

Don't EVER break. Don't EVER show your cards. Don't EVER lose control. Keep your eyes on the prize and don't let peasant pricks like this guy distract you.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Lucid Tech, Waisech, DVU and 17 others like this.
  24. Richard1990

Richard1990 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $17
    With wealthy guys, I have found the best way is to remain courteous and basically ignore their money. They're getting probably 10+ emails per week from Indian web design firms, they don't need you telling them what to do.

If you stick around, providing him with genuine information / results, he'll eventually start to get interested. Even when you hit this point, you should not approach him about his site, just keep doing your own thing. There will usually be an opening / opportunity which you'll be able to brace him on at some point in the future. Maybe Google does another update, or a large deal arises which you need his advice on. Either way, this is how you'll end up getting in his "someone worth dealing with" group, to which he'll probably start asking specific questions about what you do etc - that's when he'll start to get interested in his site.

I'm in the UK so this might be different to the US.

25. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $42,870
    Why did you clutter up this thread, rather than starting your own?

Jake Studebaker likes this.