The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When the magic fades, what's next.

Anything related to matters of the mind

TWR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 20, 2014
North East Scotland
Hi guys,

Momentum is great, the wind in your sails and in the horizon you can now see land!

But what do you do when that momentum falls?

When you lack motivation to search for new leads, when going onto your website and looking at the same page that you once thought would grab people and motivate them to take action, now looks old and stale.

I know the below points have helped me hugely.

1. Set daily/weekly goals
  2. Reward yourself regularly
  3. Do something new inside your business (video, podcast, blog post)
  4. Reach out to even more people (connecting to people has never been easier using social media)
  5. Have an accountability partner/group
  6. Stop staring at a computer screen and get outside. Exercise breeds creativity.
The last point especially! You might not think leaving your work area for 30 minutes to get exercise is going to propel you to 100 new customers but it might just spark a new idea/strategy to get in front of 100 more people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I'm totally in a spot like this...

I think the drop in momentum its a bit of an illusion though. I think you are supposed to process customer concerns and desires, and keep your ear to the ground and keep positive. I also try to keep calm and not get too edgey, because I try to minimise action when I have less idea on my optimal direction.

I think you are in a place that is really fertile soil for a pivot, so just be on the lookout for the "holy moly" opportunity lurking around in the details.

TWR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 20, 2014
North East Scotland
I'm totally in a spot like this...

I think the drop in momentum its a bit of an illusion though. I think you are supposed to process customer concerns and desires, and keep your ear to the ground and keep positive. I also try to keep calm and not get too edgey, because I try to minimise action when I have less idea on my optimal direction.

I think you are in a place that is really fertile soil for a pivot, so just be on the lookout for the "holy moly" opportunity lurking around in the details.

Nice spin on things @RogueInnovation.

Looking back, it was maybe just busy work I have done and not really having the business progressing comparing to the work I have put in.

Choosing the the right action to take and when to take it would be a key point to mention here I suppose.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I eat some chocolate and drink some tea. Regroup and take some time out to refresh. It's more about the emotion and feeling of succeeding, and why you're resistant to success. We can be our own roadblock. Drop expectations of where you believe you should be at this point in time, versus where you are at in this point in time. Sometimes we just believe we should be a lot farther along than where we are right now. We like to hurry and be there already. In my case I like to fly over the mountain, versus being on the ground and taking the long trail.

Which whether I like it or not, I have to walk the trail no matter how fast I want to get there, because there's many things I have to learn, and I also have to grow and develop into that ideal of where I want to be.

So I guess in there are moments where, I want to be there already. lol So, than I have to turn off that thinking, and create more magic. The magic is inside not the outside. So, we can be very negative about all the things we don't want to do to get there, or it's not happening as fast as we'd like it too, but really we aren't going to get there by being negative and being ho hum.

Negative thinking gets you negative thinking. Negative results and negative outcomes, and if it is dwelling on the negatives, we sure are going to be unproductive and procrastinate.

TWR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 20, 2014
North East Scotland
We can be our own roadblock. Drop expectations of where you believe you should be at this point in time, versus where you are at in this point in time. Sometimes we just believe we should be a lot farther along than where we are right now. We like to hurry and be there already. In my case I like to fly over the mountain, versus being on the ground and taking the long trail.

@Mattie I Like this especially.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
@TWR, Yes I have to remind myself of this all the time. Stop flying, and walk instead. :) lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.