- Joined
- Nov 14, 2011
- Messages
- 2,486
Rep Bank
$5,240
$5,240
User Power: 434%
When did you give up your selfish desires?
Reciprocity - They say that the more you give (without expecting anything in return), the more you receive.
MJ talks about this in the book under the label of "providing value", and I see this go deeper than that. I began noticing that the intent behind your actions was one of the key factors in the shift to having more success.
"I want to make $10,000 per month" was the common theme back in the day.
For example
1. Selling Widget A on your website (wanting to sell people to make profit).
Is worlds away from,
2. Selling Widget A on your website (wanting to help others).
For what I sell, I began noticing that after I chat on skype with people, helping them through their problems...for the 100% sole purpose of helping them through their problems (and not even trying to sell at all), is the time I made the most sales.
After we get off the call, I get a merchant receipt seeing they bought one of my courses. This happens on a regular basis.
I'm interested in hearing your stories of at what point in your journey you gave up your selfish desires, transitioned the intent behind what you do to helping others/the world as a whole and how you noticed it improving your business?
Reciprocity - They say that the more you give (without expecting anything in return), the more you receive.
MJ talks about this in the book under the label of "providing value", and I see this go deeper than that. I began noticing that the intent behind your actions was one of the key factors in the shift to having more success.
"I want to make $10,000 per month" was the common theme back in the day.
For example
1. Selling Widget A on your website (wanting to sell people to make profit).
Is worlds away from,
2. Selling Widget A on your website (wanting to help others).
For what I sell, I began noticing that after I chat on skype with people, helping them through their problems...for the 100% sole purpose of helping them through their problems (and not even trying to sell at all), is the time I made the most sales.
After we get off the call, I get a merchant receipt seeing they bought one of my courses. This happens on a regular basis.
I'm interested in hearing your stories of at what point in your journey you gave up your selfish desires, transitioned the intent behind what you do to helping others/the world as a whole and how you noticed it improving your business?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
