The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's New?!?!?!?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I made some changes to the forum that everyone should like. (Well except mtnman ... :smxB:)

I spent a good part of the day hacking into the vBulletin software to get the effect I was trying to create.

Here is what is new:

• I added a link in the NAV BAR and in your MEMBER PANEL that displays the LATEST NEWS. This function is just like NEW POSTS except it only retrieves news.

• I adjusted "NEW POSTS" so it only shows postings/commentary by Fastlane members, not the News Bot. You don't have to worry about News posts getting into your "New Posts" -- it will only include conversations by us.

• I altered the statistics panel to show 10 of each category.

• I altered the statistics panel to omit "News" in the "Latest Posts" section.

• I altered the statistics panel to put news we comment on, to the top -- so it works like Latest Posts. So if there is a news story that people jump on and start posting, it will recycle its way to the TOP OF THE NEWS. This way, if a news story is interesting and we have 40 people talking about it, it stays AT THE TOP of the stats and doesn't get buried by newer stories.

• Calendar - Once the book club figures out the dates for reading and discussion I will try to get the calendar up on the home page ... if I can't, you can always click CALENDAR. I will post book club dates once that is ironed out.

Thanks for your patience - hope the majority likes it -- I know I can't please everyone.

Have a great weekend! I'm going to have a drink! :smx6:
~ MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Thanks for all your hard work MJ. I like all the additions and the wide format.:icon_super:

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
rable, rable, rable

Complaints are not always bad. Its when folks stop complaining that you should worry.

Thanks for making this forum better all the time.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
rable, rable, rable

Complaints are not always bad. Its when folks stop complaining that you should worry.

Thanks for making this forum better all the time.

Listening to people's complaints and doing something about it made me a multi-millionaire ... believe me I know complaints aren't bad!

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Listening to people's complaints and doing something about it made me a multi-millionaire ... believe me I know complaints aren't bad!
lol thats what I get for preaching to the choir:roi:

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I made some changes to the forum that everyone should like. (Well except mtnman ... :smxB:)~ MJ

Thanks MJ. I would hope that you knew I wasn't barking at you (it was just one of those days) and my intent was never for you to spend the latter of an afternoon refining. That said, I appreciate you taking the time and your efforts. Thank You!

P.S. If I were closer, your tab would be on me.:cheers:

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Not to be a PITA, I could care less, but for future user's UI, here's one thing (FOR MONDAY!)... disable top ten stats>confirmation page>forum home - search and quick links are inactive (instructions state use quick links menu to restore top 10). In order to restore, you must go to new posts>quick links> turn on top stats.

No biggie, just others may not be able to get it back without PM'ing you or the mods.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I couldn't duplicate the problem ... had no issue. Maybe I just don't understand your explanation.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Thanks for the updates, MJ! I'd rep you, but I've exceeded the limit of speed given out in the last 24 hours! Haha.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt anyone will turn the stats off anyway, but to explain better...

When you're on the homepage, click turn off top stats. When you're taken to the confirmation page, instructions are presented for how to turn them back on. If you turn the stats back on right then, it works. If you do not, and instead go home (forum home, or now "home" button on the navbar -- you would do this to see the changes you made), and lets say you don't like the changes, when you try to click on quick links, it's inactive.

You must first navigate to a different page other than home ( I used new posts), and then the quick link and search buttons will work in the navbar. The only reason this makes any difference is you have to go to quick links to turn top stats back on, but I found the search nav button to be inactive at the same time. Checked all the others and they seemed fine. Once top stats are restored, no issue.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
MJ,

Just a word of thanks.

We know you have other things you could be doing that are probably a lot more fun.

All of what your'e doing here is so cool.

I for one am incredibly greatful. :)

(And mtnman-- if you're listening-- giving feedback (and having MJ actually do something about it) is what makes this website the best!)-- so know that your observations are appreciated as well.

OK, back to my peanut butter jelly dance:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

-Russ H.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
MJ,

Thanks again for all you have done and are doing with the forum and the growth of the website. Like many others here, I greatly appreciate it.

One thing I have noticed regarding the website (not forums) articles is that the text you write is below the ads and index area, not beside it. I assume this is not by design. Maybe it is my browser. But I use multiple computers (home, work) and it does it on all of them.

Andy

PS:

Russ,

I love the new avatar!!!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ,

Thanks again for all you have done and are doing with the forum and the growth of the website. Like many others here, I greatly appreciate it.

One thing I have noticed regarding the website (not forums) articles is that the text you write is below the ads and index area, not beside it. I assume this is not by design. Maybe it is my browser. But I use multiple computers (home, work) and it does it on all of them.

Andy

PS:

Russ,

I love the new avatar!!!

It appears to be not styling correctly in IE6and IE4. I'm going to check it out next week. Thx.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I modified the Top Stats mod with respect to News Posts .... it displays the [username commented] when someone comments on a news item - this will delineate news stories being discussed vs news stories that aren't.

I found it has been difficult to determine if a news thread is being discussed ..... so now when someone comments and opens a discussion, it displays the commenter. Uncommented news stories show the date as normal.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.