Background:
I owe roughly 50k on a 4br 2ba SFH 1400 sq ft, 10 years left on a a5 year note at 5%.
I sold it on an agreement for deed 3 years ago. I sold it for 95.9k on a 40 year note at 8.5%. Does not cash flow but about 80.00 a month. Equity for me is building about 50/50 equity to interest every month. Her equity is only building about 1% every month. This is important in that if she ever decided to sell I get first right to buy it back for the amount of equity she has in the deal.
She is on time 9-10 out of 12 months. About once a year I get the sob story. So far it has been:
"I was in Vegas and when I got home my ex boyfriend had stolen my cash I left at home for the payment." 1 1/2 months behind and paid the late fees when she go caught up
"I changed jobs and it will be a couple of weeks late because of the pay schedule" OK I could giver her this one
Now "somebody got my online password and drained my bank account" Sounds like total BS being this close to Christmas and all
Most of the time I forgive the late payments.
Given today's economy and fact that she has been there this long WWYD?
1. Enforce the late fees?
2. Revert her to rental status and enforce the re-instatement fee?
3. Let it slide.
I owe roughly 50k on a 4br 2ba SFH 1400 sq ft, 10 years left on a a5 year note at 5%.
I sold it on an agreement for deed 3 years ago. I sold it for 95.9k on a 40 year note at 8.5%. Does not cash flow but about 80.00 a month. Equity for me is building about 50/50 equity to interest every month. Her equity is only building about 1% every month. This is important in that if she ever decided to sell I get first right to buy it back for the amount of equity she has in the deal.
She is on time 9-10 out of 12 months. About once a year I get the sob story. So far it has been:
"I was in Vegas and when I got home my ex boyfriend had stolen my cash I left at home for the payment." 1 1/2 months behind and paid the late fees when she go caught up
"I changed jobs and it will be a couple of weeks late because of the pay schedule" OK I could giver her this one
Now "somebody got my online password and drained my bank account" Sounds like total BS being this close to Christmas and all
Most of the time I forgive the late payments.
Given today's economy and fact that she has been there this long WWYD?
1. Enforce the late fees?
2. Revert her to rental status and enforce the re-instatement fee?
3. Let it slide.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
