The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you do if you inherited a piece of land

Idea threads

ninjanags

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 21, 2022
Okay just for fun hypothetical.

You're rich business savvy uncle has left you a couple acre parcel of bare land in an industrial park in a small town. You can do anything you want with it, but you must build something on it. Can not just hold it to flip to another business.

What ideas would you come up?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
Okay just for fun hypothetical.

You're rich business savvy uncle has left you a couple acre parcel of bare land in an industrial park in a small town. You can do anything you want with it, but you must build something on it. Can not just hold it to flip to another business.

What ideas would you come up?
Completely depends on the area. If its all industrial, maybe a support business, if there is support business already, a coffee shop/laundry matt/food place all in one, those folks gotta eat/drink/do laundry :) if there is that already what about a nap rental

ninjanags

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 21, 2022
Completely depends on the area. If its all industrial, maybe a support business, if there is support business already, a coffee shop/laundry matt/food place all in one, those folks gotta eat/drink/do laundry :) if there is that already what about a nap rental
What do you define as a support business? Lets say this business park/Industrial zone has your typical things like a machine shop, welding, trucking companies, manufacturing of various goods, etc.

The nap rental is very interesting. If workers are on shift rather than going home if they have to commute come over for a snooze and/or coffee. I like it.

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
What do you define as a support business? Lets say this business park/Industrial zone has your typical things like a machine shop, welding, trucking companies, manufacturing of various goods, etc.

The nap rental is very interesting. If workers are on shift rather than going home if they have to commute come over for a snooze and/or coffee. I like it.
When I was a shift worker we had a diner in the area, about 5 minutes away and it was SLAMMED every day, that's what made me think of food, the nap industry is being tried in airports so that made me think if that would work outside of there.

Support would be suppliers of stuff those people use, if they use widgets in their process maybe I offer widgets there so they don't have to have them shipped in

ninjanags

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 21, 2022
When I was a shift worker we had a diner in the area, about 5 minutes away and it was SLAMMED every day, that's what made me think of food, the nap industry is being tried in airports so that made me think if that would work outside of there.

Support would be suppliers of stuff those people use, if they use widgets in their process maybe I offer widgets there so they don't have to have them shipped in
All solid ideas for sure. The diner thing, maybe its just me, but I really like the old school good home cooking vibe. Not just a corporate restaurant. You really dont see it much anymore though. A place you could slide up to the counter and have a coffee and a meal thats of decent enough quality. Wish those would come back.

My other idea is a drive in movie theatre and/or family entertainment park. Like a go-kart track or something. I know liability is through the roof these days though so it makes it tough to be cost effective and profitable. Bring back my 90s childhood of drive in movies, arcardes, laser tag and waterslides, ha!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Look up this guy named “Chris Ramsey.” He talks about contractor garages. Similar to self storage. Warehouses, storage, and garages would all be good starting points

ninjanags

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 21, 2022
Look up this guy named “Chris Ramsey.” He talks about contractor garages. Similar to self storage. Warehouses, storage, and garages would all be good starting points
Its an interesting idea. There are alot of these already where I'm at. People essentially run their small business out of them. Cold storage thats enclosed for boats, bikes, cars, etc almost less of a liability than having seperate HVAC systems, water, sewer, power to each stall. You pay and you can store and go.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Its an interesting idea. There are alot of these already where I'm at. People essentially run their small business out of them. Cold storage thats enclosed for boats, bikes, cars, etc almost less of a liability than having seperate HVAC systems, water, sewer, power to each stall. You pay and you can store and go.
That's good, it means they're in high demand. The key would be to make yours better. And if they mostly offer one type of unit, you could offer the missing type. Maybe they all have retail units for people and you offer industrial units or contractor units. Maybe yours are for boats and RVs. You get the idea.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
It certainly depends on who is in the local area, but I would look at warehousing/distributing of product that the local businesses use. I would go business to business and ask if they would be intrested in buying certain products pertaining to their business if the cost is right and would see if I could source them for a good cost.

Private storage may be great if there is a large population just outside the industrial park.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.