The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would the perfect cleaning company be for you?(Business/Real Estate Owners)

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
Hello everyone

I am from Rhode Island and have a commercial cleaning company my first service based business that has been scaling. The customer is always my focus and providing value. For you business owners what would the perfect cleaning company consist of?

All input is appreciated

Thank You
Kendrick Salazar

@)(

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SD Entrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 12, 2019
San Diego, CA
Hello everyone

I am from Rhode Island and have a commercial cleaning company my first service based business that has been scaling. The customer is always my focus and providing value. For you business owners what would the perfect cleaning company consist of?

All input is appreciated

Thank You
Kendrick Salazar

@)(
We only have a few thousand sq ft office and my staff takes care of the vacuuming and occasional cleaning. If I hired a cleaning company security/theft of equipment/inventory would be a concern so trustworthiness would be important. Besides that, there isn't much else besides getting the expected cleaning done...

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
A cleaning company that doesn't hire felons would be a plus.

Coming in only to find stuff stolen and then finding out that the cleaning company is staffed mostly with prior felons... Yeah, not fun.

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
*Sales pitch*

Simplyee Cleaning Solution

We are a insured and bonded company. Your equipment and inventory is %100 protected every cleaning. No risk and high quality cleaning for every service guaranteed! All cleaning teams will be supervised by an experienced, attention to detail, and integral leader. Dedicated to ensuring your company always welcomes you with a fresh smell and look. If you want a cleaning company that you will not have to worry about. CALL TODAY and get your FREE cleaning and quote TODAY! Let us do the cleaning call simplyee cleaning for the easy solution TODAY.

How would that make you feel honestly and what would you suggest I change

I know my team provides superior quality its just fitting the business owners mindset and expectation to gear ada towards them more effectively

We only have a few thousand sq ft office and my staff takes care of the vacuuming and occasional cleaning. If I hired a cleaning company security/theft of equipment/inventory would be a concern so trustworthiness would be important. Besides that, there isn't much else besides getting the expected cleaning done...

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
A cleaning company that doesn't hire felons would be a plus.

Coming in only to find stuff stolen and then finding out that the cleaning company is staffed mostly with prior felons... Yeah, not fun.

While I understand the frustration, just because a person is not a felon does not mean they are not a thief. Companies can do a background check but there is no way to do a futureground check. I always went with my gut when I hired a cleaner. Luckily I must have had a good gut because we had very few problems. And that was the difference between others charging $25 per man hour and me charging $55 per man hour. We rarely had any theft.... I think 3 times if I remember correctly. That was for house cleaning and people rarely blinked an eye, but for commercial cleaning, would a company pay more?

To answer the OP, do you offer strip and waxing? Lots of cleaning companies don't.

Until the customer decides to pay double of what they are paying now.... you are probably stuck with the workers you have.... so there is no changing that. About the only thing you can do is service oriented. Maybe add something fancy like a tracker for your cleaners or a body cam so the customer can tune in to see what is going on. With the quality of workers nowadays, if I had a cleaning business, my workers would have a body cam.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I own a commercial cleaning company as well. Depends on what kind of building & person you are targeting.

Bonding, Insurance, & Background Checks are minimum requirements for everyone.

Property Management companies want reliability but are mainly price driven, not very concerned with quality.
Corporate type offices want to feel like their complaints are taken seriously/they aren't being ignored.
Medical offices want consistency & proper training for hazards.

Then it depends on who you are talking to. Office Managers want to feel heard. Owners want to stop hearing their employees complain.

Etc

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
While I understand the frustration, just because a person is not a felon does not mean they are not a thief. Companies can do a background check but there is no way to do a futureground check. I always went with my gut when I hired a cleaner. Luckily I must have had a good gut because we had very few problems. And that was the difference between others charging $25 per man hour and me charging $55 per man hour. We rarely had any theft.... I think 3 times if I remember correctly. That was for house cleaning and people rarely blinked an eye, but for commercial cleaning, would a company pay more?

To answer the OP, do you offer strip and waxing? Lots of cleaning companies don't.

Until the customer decides to pay double of what they are paying now.... you are probably stuck with the workers you have.... so there is no changing that. About the only thing you can do is service oriented. Maybe add something fancy like a tracker for your cleaners or a body cam so the customer can tune in to see what is going on. With the quality of workers nowadays, if I had a cleaning business, my workers would have a body cam.
Hello

We do offer strip and wax I 100 % agree. You can never know a persons future. Anyone can be a thief making an app to make the client feel more secure does sound like a good idea. Have you used this before? Or know of people that do

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
I own a commercial cleaning company as well. Depends on what kind of building & person you are targeting.

Bonding, Insurance, & Background Checks are minimum requirements for everyone.

Property Management companies want reliability but are mainly price driven, not very concerned with quality.
Corporate type offices want to feel like their complaints are taken seriously/they aren't being ignored.
Medical offices want consistency & proper training for hazards.

Then it depends on who you are talking to. Office Managers want to feel heard. Owners want to stop hearing their employees complain.

Etc

Youv definently identified every type accurately. I appreciate the input.

Grinder20

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
May 28, 2019
*Sales pitch*

Simplyee Cleaning Solution

We are a insured and bonded company. Your equipment and inventory is %100 protected every cleaning. No risk and high quality cleaning for every service guaranteed! All cleaning teams will be supervised by an experienced, attention to detail, and integral leader. Dedicated to ensuring your company always welcomes you with a fresh smell and look. If you want a cleaning company that you will not have to worry about. CALL TODAY and get your FREE cleaning and quote TODAY! Let us do the cleaning call simplyee cleaning for the easy solution TODAY.

How would that make you feel honestly and what would you suggest I change

I know my team provides superior quality its just fitting the business owners mindset and expectation to gear ada towards them more effectively
@Ksalazar,
I like the part about the accounts being supervised or checked each night for assurance, that's definitely important, both for quality and building security. I wouldn't go into too much detail about how you would go about discouraging theft because you'll be unnecessarily going down a negative road with the potential client. Instead, I would just focus on what you look for in your employees (good employees :)) and reiterate that you conduct background checks, are bonded and call references.

BTW...I owned a commercial cleaning company.

Grinder20

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
May 28, 2019
Tell us more about your experience, why you got out of it, how you did, what worked/didn't work.
@CPisHere,

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
Hello everyone

All input is appreciated

Thank You
Kendrick Salazar

@)(

A cleaning company that cleans me in my sleep, so I get an extra 15 minutes working time per day.

(you did say "all input is appreciated" ) :playful:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.