The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

General question for Real estate owners

Michael Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 2, 2015
Detroit
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but i just have a question to ask out of curiosity. Sometimes i drive through the rich neighborhood of the metro detroit area (Grosse Pointe) and look at the houses as motivation, but i noticed something strange recently.....A LOT of the houses are up for sale, like...A LOT. Huge mansions, probably 7 and 8 figure homes and all pretty relatively close to each other. My question is, in the real estate world...is that a signal for something ? As in, maybe those people know something less affluent people don't know yet? or am i trippin? lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
That is a sign that a buying opportunity may be on the horizon in the right situation. What seems odd here is that the economy is doing fine as is the re market. Detroit has had a serious upswing in values. Perhaps people are ready to cash in.

Tilos

Process > Results
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 11, 2017
Oklahoma City, OK
It definitely a seller's market. If they're a lot of For Sale signs, that's telling you something.

Any idea what's surrounding the Gross Pointe Area? Maybe a surge of apartments or commercial that's causing them to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michael Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 2, 2015
Detroit
It definitely a seller's market. If they're a lot of For Sale signs, that's telling you something.

Any idea what's surrounding the Gross Pointe Area? Maybe a surge of apartments or commercial that's causing them to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, i just thought it was kind of strange to see so many houses, mansions at that, being up for sale in the same area. Grosse Pointe is actually not that big of an area, but its mostly houses..very few commercial properties and fewer apartments. Downtown Detroit is like 15 minutes away though and there's a lot of commercial properties and apartments going up down there. Maybe it's related.

But...correct me if i'm wrong..i'm learning, you guys are suggesting that maybe these people bought their houses when they were cheaper and re market was at a low...and they're selling them now because the economy is up? That would make sense, i guess i just didnt even consider that people would buy those kinds of houses to flip them

HayesTech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Sep 5, 2016
I live nearby Grosse Pointe as well, there is nothing ghetto about this area, despite its proximity to Detroit. The founder of art van has a house there that is enormous and the Ford mansion is there too. These houses are totally uncharacteristic for MI. My theory is that they want to get around more people like themselves (West Bloomfield) or they want to get out of Michigan while the markets high. (Michigan blows, think MJs winter experience in Chicago)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.