The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What will you focus on in 2022?

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Buying a duplex and renting out one side and living in the other thus solving my biggest problem at the time (living situation)
Scaling my lawn care/exterior maintenance company
Learning and implementing a lot more sales/marketing/copywriting skills into my business ventures
Leaving the past in the past and focusing on the present to build healthy and productive relationships

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
For the non-tangibles:
1. Regain my conversational skills
-I've been rusty since the pandemic hit. I've lost all connection with my non-verbals (i.e., body language, facial expressions, etc).
2. Jump back in my Spanish lessons
-I was learning Spanish with the help of a native-speaking colleague, but everything paused when we went remote.
3. Improving my knowledge with the most important industry trends like Crypto, NFTs, and etc–but most importantly I wanna learn more about alternative energy solutions.
-I'm way behind the Crypto trend, only dabbling in Bitcoin and Ethereum–I also still can't wrap my mind around NFTs. Also, I especially want to learn about alternative energy solutions because we need to transition fast. I'm no climate–but climate change and global warming are more evident than they were just 2 years ago.

For the tangibles:
1. Declutter my home
-I found that I have a ton of stuff I've never/don't use–especially I'm at home more often now.
2. Buy a new car
-It's still way below the priority pipeline, but my 2007 Toyota probably needs an upgrade lol.
3. Improve my email list
-I've been working on creating my email list for months now. With it being fully set up, I'm trying to plan my newsletter for Q1.

Advance happy holidays to all of you~

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
My first goal is to get my monthly YouTube views over 100k. It's become a bit of a personal challenge even though it isn't my main business.

The second is to only work 3 days a week. I put myself into retirement 5 years ago, closing down my company. I had a part-time "hobby" business to keep me busy but it's taken over. I'm going to get my time back by automating as much as possible.

Finally, to take a holiday with my daughter and grandson. It may sound silly but they live in France and I've only seen them once since this COVID thing started. Every time we've tried to meet up some restriction or other has stopped it.

missinfinity98

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 25, 2021
Loosing weight because it plays a big role in being confident. And being confident, will play a big part in being a business owner. Continue to build my business will also be a second thing to continue to focus in growing and possibly rebranding as well.

(I need to update my thread due for a big update)
It does play a role only if your mind follows. The plastic surgery market is thriving because of this. Often people "fix" one part of the body and the dysmorphia simply moves in a different place. Actually, the physical side is not that much of an issue often. A lot is in the head. In the mushroom, like my therapeutics friends laughed :D I already take care of a healthy mind and body today and will continue in 2022! <3

rsrs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 19, 2020
Brazil
Health: being back on track on exams and things I should be doing to keep me healthy. And look on improving my breathing (Breath book made me realize how imortant is this).

Business: get back on profitability after the logistics crisis that hit hard on us. Lauch 1 to 3 new ecommerce brands.

Social: learn on how to catch up with friends. I have a hard time on keepeing interested on people and this need to change as I enjoy and recharge when I am with people I like.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
1. Making my first sell online, through providing relative value

2. Achieving these strength values + calisthenics skills
- Squat: 125kg
- DL: 160kg
- BP: 105kg
- Weighted DIP: 55kg
- OHP: 65kg
- Weighted Pull Up: 35kg
---SKILLS:
- Human Flag
- Muscle Up
- Front Lever
- Handstand Push Up
- Back Lever
- Tucked Planche

3. Reading 50 Books (Financial, Selling, Business, Marketing, and mindset)

4. Improving my Norwegian
Great goals! On the fitness ones, what is your level with calisthenics skills? Unless you are already quite advanced I'd suggest you pair down the skills work - even just landing 2-3 of these in a single year would be impressive but with strength training goals on top theres no way unless you are a genetic freak lol

Dionysos

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 1, 2020
Netherlands
Starting monday I will.. j/k

I'm currently focusing on web design as my first experience unscripting. Just joined Fox' program and am aiming to quit my current job halfway 2022. (After that is the pursuit of fastlane ventures)

Physically the goal is to get back to my former fitness. My fitness had a tough year due to 'long covid'. Luckily I was in great shape pre-covid. Just missing the feeling I get after a good gym session.

MishuAman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 15, 2021
Going to get a job and than make myself 1stly employed than
on side i will start my Business

Attachments

• Habbits.txt
    342 bytes · Views: 7

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’m excited for the lulls of 2021 to be over. I go stir crazy when no one is worth talking to. :rofl:

Don’t get me wrong. I love Christmas and the holiday season, but I love business more.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
1) Start a business
2) Drop 25 lbs
3) Join a few offline communities/meet up groups and make more friends

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
1. Doubling the business profit

2. Training for a couple of mountain climbs

3. Continue MMA classes 3x a week

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Taking action through resistance (even if the outcome does not obviously propel me towards my goals), make executing as comfortable as conceivably possible.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
1.) Holding the line and inching forward little by little towards my vision of a Fantasy App Trilogy for Mental Health!
2.) Improving my Systems

Donald Tottras

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 28, 2021
Very inspired by all these goals! As for myself, I currently am, and will continue to focus on this:

1. Improving my relationships
2. Drinking less
3. Get a business going
4. To go down to 2 days a week at my job to focus on the business by May the latest (I have enough income from other sources to be fine with this so it's not a rash decision :) )

originalMJT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jun 18, 2021
England
Ive been working on my 10 year plan to retire in 2032, the next 24months I'm putting everything into my business, squeasing every £ out of every customer. Improving everything all round, it all adds up

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I've already started working on my goals but for the entirety of next year they will be:

1) Growing my network
2) Focusing on 1 business idea that provides value where I'm not chasing money and going hard on it until successful or until it's proven that the market isn't interested
3) Working more on my health
4) Improving my confidence in decision making and going with my judgement
5) Improving my social skills and getting out of my comfort zone more

RDK PRIME

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 27, 2021
Singapore
Don't wait till New Year's Day.

What will you focus on next year?
Hi I just joined, having spend decades trapped in the corporate machinery, I am going to break free of it - and do my own project. With so much interesting stuff happening in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, coupled with the initiatives we see from Metaverse (Facebook), Apple etc.... I think there is a lot of space to play as this eco system develops & un-met needs can be addressed.

Its going to take commitment, resolve, a lot more networking than I have done in the past, and ability to absorb all kinds of pressure... am I feeling a bit nervous ...... yes....but I know there are a lot of smart folks out there willing to get behind a good idea/business.....I think the upside is quite simply not 'working for the man' and being a slave to someone else's agenda.

Sorry I went on a bit ....

Cheers
Rich

RDK PRIME

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 27, 2021
Singapore
Loosing weight because it plays a big role in being confident. And being confident, will play a big part in being a business owner. Continue to build my business will also be a second thing to continue to focus in growing and possibly rebranding as well.

(I need to update my thread due for a big update)
I couldn't agree more buddy, I shed 20 kg last year (went a bit too far really) - but it does make a massive difference to how you feel both in your body and mind.... good luck go for it..

Anglepoised

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 15, 2021
Don't wait till New Year's Day.

What will you focus on next year?
Me and my wife started to grinding earlier this month. So I guess our focus for the next year is to build our businesses.

I know in his book, @MJ DeMarco suggests that I should monogamous to the business. But, my wife and I have different things in our mind, so we try to do our part separately (because me and her both have our own business, does that still count as monogamous ? no idea LOL)

we'll see, I don't really wished for a massive success in this venture, but one stop closer to the goal wouldn't hurt me that much...so, WISH ME LUCK GUYS !

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Replicate my working income (I'm mining for fiat!) with entirely passive income through crypto. This is going to be done through a combination of staking/lending, earning points/free cryptos through things like cashback, mining, and having someone play a crypto game where I bought the assets.

Omar Elarbi

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 14, 2021
United Kingdom
Adopt new daily habits and break the bad ones. In 2021, I succeeded in maintaining new habits with the help of a habit tracking app called "Strides".

This is the summary of my 2021 habits:

- Learning German language: 625 days streak (mostly using Duolingo and Anki apps)
- Daily cold showers: 348 days streak.
- Taking supplements: 309 days streak.
- Drinking Smoothie: 309 days streak.
- Journaling: 209 days streak.
- Deep breathing (Wim Hoff Method): 184 days streak
- Reading: 339 days streak (read 26 books).
- Plank exercise: 209 days streak (personal best = 6 mins)
- Cleaning my room: 36 weeks streak (weekly habit)
- Declutter: 10 months streak (monthly habit)
- Reward myself: 5 months streak (treat myself of nice meal in a restaurant at the beginning of every month).

And few other habits.

In 2022, I will continue doing the above habits and I'll try to adopt new habits, such as:

- Sleeping at around 22:00 and waking up at 6:00.
- Do regular medical check ups (2 times/year).
- Read 30 books.
- Quit social media for good. (now only using FB).
- Quit sugar and junk food for good.
- Daily chats with colleagues to improve my interpersonal skills (my conversational skills have been affected by COVID).

This year in October I also launched my web design company. So one of my next year's goals is to have at least 20 customers for the company, and to reach £15,000 in savings by the end of the year.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Adopt new daily habits and break the bad ones. In 2021, I succeeded in maintaining new habits with the help of a habit tracking app called "Strides".

This is the summary of my 2021 habits:

- Learning German language: 625 days streak (mostly using Duolingo and Anki apps)
- Daily cold showers: 348 days streak.
- Taking supplements: 309 days streak.
- Drinking Smoothie: 309 days streak.
- Journaling: 209 days streak.
- Deep breathing (Wim Hoff Method): 184 days streak
- Reading: 339 days streak (read 26 books).
- Plank exercise: 209 days streak (personal best = 6 mins)
- Cleaning my room: 36 weeks streak (weekly habit)
- Declutter: 10 months streak (monthly habit)
- Reward myself: 5 months streak (treat myself of nice meal in a restaurant at the beginning of every month).

And few other habits.

In 2022, I will continue doing the above habits and I'll try to adopt new habits, such as:

- Sleeping at around 22:00 and waking up at 6:00.
- Do regular medical check ups (2 times/year).
- Read 30 books.
- Quit social media for good. (now only using FB).
- Quit sugar and junk food for good.
- Daily chats with colleagues to improve my interpersonal skills (my conversational skills have been affected by COVID).

This year in October I also launched my web design company. So one of my next year's goals is to have at least 20 customers for the company, and to reach £15,000 in savings by the end of the year.
That's awesome man. I was curious, with all the habits that you implemented do you feel a significant positive change in your life, or is it more like routine stuff? If that makes sense.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Focus on improving my writing skills.

Action step: I’ve joined Ship30for30 which is a cohort based course focusing on publishing atomic essays(280 words or less) for the next 30 days.

Let’s see how that goes.

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Took time away from my 9-5 to focus on mental clarity.
Items that I am focusing on:
Improving my options selling (already had some significant losses to learn from the end of 2021 lol)
Write 100 blog posts to increase writing skills
One month in Guatemala with no phone

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Learning a trade, and replacing my 9-5 income with trade. I went on a 2 week course few months ago but I'm too scared to go into the world and start charging people for my skills. I feel like I need more practice, or to be able to shadow someone for a little bit to really build the confidence up. I'm not used to learning a physical skill you actually have to do to learn. It's not fastlane by any means, but expanding my world and progressing into an actual direction should open my mind up to something for sure. That and starting a social media channel have been on my mind.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.