The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What to do with 30k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City

Drmindmotive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jun 8, 2015
Reading is huge. As is life experience. Google is good as well.

Are you talking about free conferences and seminars? In my experience, those are almost always free because their sole purpose is to get you to join a MLM or buy a product that the author hasn't even personally used.

Unfortunately yes. Most of them.
Are you knowledgable of those that require a fee to attend?
Please share a link or any info you may have.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
If you've already picked out the color of Ferrari you want then put the 30k towards the down payment

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Drmindmotive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jun 8, 2015
I am actively involved in ventures. They aren't opportunities for you at all, unless you can provide some value to me.
In all seriousness.
How do you know what oppurtunites are for me or not sir?
I am the type of person that you want on your team and inner circle. I am not afraid of anything. I Know WHY I am alive. I've been through to much to take no for an answer, in any circumstance. If you want ocular proof of my value I guess you can veiw my facebook or instagram.
Not looking for a fight.
Just looking for value. And oppertunities.
Thank you,

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
@Drmindmotive , usually threads like this derail fast into Sarcasm and Memes, most of which the Original poster won't understand as sarcasm.

Do you want to be part of this community? Take our advice, read the F*ckING BOOK.

The book is the base of this forum, this community. You can finish the book in half a day, and you might even know what do to with your 30k after, just make sure not to blow it all at once. Most ventures can be validated and turned into profit with less than 1000$.

You're welcome.

Drmindmotive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jun 8, 2015
@Drmindmotive , usually threads like this derail fast into Sarcasm and Memes, most of which the Original poster won't understand as sarcasm.

Do you want to be part of this community? Take our advice, read the F*ckING BOOK.

The book is the base of this forum, this community. You can finish the book in half a day, and you might even know what do to with your 30k after, just make sure not to blow it all at once. Most ventures can be validated and turned into profit with less than 1000$.

You're welcome.
Good afternoon sir,
Your advice is duly noted, I definately appreciate it. A member of this community was kind enough to send me info to read Millionare Fastlane.
What ventures are you into or found interesting?
I look foward to your response.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
What ventures excite you?

I was excited about Real Estate investing but had no clue where to start so I quit my job, became a Realtor to work beside investors, bought properties with guidance from my investor circle and hit "financial freedom" in a little over two years.

Your first step may be to associate with people who are doing what you want to do... maybe even drop everything you're doing now to be closer to them and learn from them. The book should be the step before that though to discover which vehicle you want to use to get there.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Is this not just a "I have 30k to invest in somebody's business to make me rich" thread?

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Dear OP.....It 12:25am here. I am very tired but I had a very productive day. I check in here before bed to add to or to gain from someone's business experience at our global community hub. I did give my two cents worth advice freely and and for that you are truly welcome! ... However I think your comments are condescending, attention seeking and quite boring. ......Caution.....Whoever is on the red button tonite may become impatient and exercise his right index finger...... Good night

Drmindmotive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jun 8, 2015
What ventures excite you?

I was excited about Real Estate investing but had no clue where to start so I quit my job, became a Realtor to work beside investors, bought properties with guidance from my investor circle and hit "financial freedom" in a little over two years.

Your first step may be to associate with people who are doing what you want to do... maybe even drop everything you're doing now to be closer to them and learn from them. The book should be the step before that though to discover which vehicle you want to use to get there.
That's awesome!
Absolutely, get around the people who you want to be or have similar interest with. How did you become a part of that investor circle so quickly? Just hard work? Good with people?.
I always wanted to have some sort of office to provide counseling and mentorship To the public. Anyone can walk in and leave enlightened. That won't be very profitable but it's what I want to do.
As far as business ventures. Agriculture, solar panels, and real estate. Are categories that really can have some upside in my opinion.
Thank you,

Drmindmotive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jun 8, 2015
Is this not just a "I have 30k to invest in somebody's business to make me rich" thread?
Hahaha no sir,
Was hoping people on this forum would be willing to share ideas and offer advice and tips. But some guys think I'm gunning for them or I'm here for their amusement.
does anyone do any trading through vangaurd?
Was looking at some of their index funds and seen some good return rates.

backstabbeth

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 2, 2015
It seems like op is doing some sort of entrepreneur role playing fantasy land shit right now. Why else would he be asking complete strangers on the internet what to do with his 30k. Op stop fooling yourself, you're fishing for fake easy feel goods. Your seeming like such a pretender.

Last edited:

Drmindmotive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jun 8, 2015
Does anyone have any advice on where to put a good chunk of change?
(30k)
I am leaning towards index funds mostly. But I would love a faster return.
I get that most people in this group are more into investing in themselves and their business.
Is their any business opportunities out there worth taking a look at?

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Does anyone have any advice on where to put a good chunk of change?
(30k)
I am leaning towards index funds mostly. But I would love a faster return.
I get that most people in this group are more into investing in themselves and their business.
Is their any business opportunities out there worth taking a look at?

If you're so unwilling to do any up-front work to change your mindset, find someone who wants to build their own business an invest in that company.

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Several weeks ago, I'm at the dealership waiting for my car to be serviced. (They really get you with that warranty. What a money grab!)

As I'm waiting patiently, the most peculiar man walks in. Not strange in his appearance, but in how he interacted with the staff.

Entering the dealership, the odd man waves over a salesman, "Hi there! I'd like to buy a car."

"Wonderful!" says the dealer. "What kind of car would you like? Are you into convertibles? SUV for the family? Our new pick up is great value."

"Oh I don't know. I have $300,000. What car should I buy?"

"Well," says the dealer, "it's really up to you. What do you like to drive?"

"Hard to say," the man replies (and here's where it got freaky), "I've never driven anything before."

"…" says the dealer.

"I'd just like to know what car to buy. You know, to drive."

"But you've never driven… anything?"

"No."

"Sir, do you have a drivers license?"

"No."

"Sir, you should get a drivers license."

"Yeah. That's what everyone tells me. But I'd rather just get a car. I've heard a little about SUVs and a little about convertibles. Which should I get? Tell me about that pick up."

"Sir, why not get a drivers license first? In the process you'll learn a little about cars, and you can make an informed decision."

"No thanks. Do you drive a car? Can you give me any advice?"

"I believe I just have— get a license first, then start looking at cars."

"Hmmm. That's unfortunate. I thought this was a place that sold cars. If I wanted a license I'd go to the DMV."

At about this time, Mike the mechanic informed me they had finished the warranty checkup on my car ($699! What a rip!). I decided to get going. To be honest, by that time I had already begun to lose interest in this odd little man. It was obvious he wanted to be car-people, but was not interested in the process of becoming car-people.

I left the strange man and his strange conversation behind me. Closing the door, I realized how lucky this man was to have walked into that particular dealership. Any other shop might have sold him any old car just to take his money without giving a damn about making sure he could drive first.

Best of luck, OP.

PS. Read the book.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Don__t_feed_the_Troll1.jpg

OP. Leave now. You suck.

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
HAhaha no sir I am not.
I only came here for networking, advice, and knowledge.
There is already a ton of advice and knowledge on here. By being a member you're already somewhat networked. But you won't get that information unless you read.

In either case, the one who has to do something with that money is you. At best, the people here can provide inspiration. Not necessarily direction.

Drmindmotive

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jun 8, 2015
There is already a ton of advice and knowledge on here. By being a member you're already somewhat networked. But you won't get that information unless you read.

In either case, the one who has to do something with that money is you. At best, the people here can provide inspiration. Not necessarily direction.
Thank you brother,
Yeah I'm beginning to realize that through the posts on this thread.
I have been reading alot and found a couple ideas so far.
What's one thing you gathered from the book that really stuck with you sir?

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
Thank you brother,
Yeah I'm beginning to realize that through the posts on this thread.
I have been reading alot and found a couple ideas so far.
What's one thing you gathered from the book that really stuck with you sir?
If you look under everyone's account name, you'll see a series of banners, with varying colors underneath of it.

I have not read the book. Will be getting it in about a week or two. It costs about $6 for the electronic (and Amazon provides a means to read books set for Kindle on non-kindle devices). All I've gotten from it was the preview that MJ provides, and this forum. It was more than enough to get me started.

To be perfectly honest, the only reason I haven't made more money thus far is because I keep getting in my own way. Old habits die hard, but I've made more progress with just the information on this forum.

But the most important thing I've obtained from this forum, and the preview, is an understanding of worth, and it's ties to service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!