Hey all!
So I'm about a week into a startup internship. I've been collecting the e-mails of blog writers who have written up articles about products similar to the one I'm trying to get press for (via buzzsumo), then writing them an email pitch to see if they'll feature it. I've sent about 30 emails so far, and received two replies. But since exausting that first list, I'm finding that it has become very difficult for me to find new popular blogs to send emails to.
I started to go smaller and smaller with the blogs I was willing to collect emails for, but it seems that the smaller I go, the more difficult it becomes to actually get a hold of anyone to contact at the blog.
I've started to get a distinct, sinking feeling that I may run out of relevant people to contact entirely soon.
So I thought I would bring my issue to the masters (i.e. anyone who has the slightest bit more experience at this than I
) and ask, what exactly do you do after you've sent emails to all of the large blogs in your field (and they haven't responded)?
Do you just keep going with less and less popular blogs until there's nothing left? Do you start sending emails to other writers at that same blog, hoping that at least one will take an interest in your product? Do you keep sending emails to the same writers whom didn't respond initially?
I'm a bit worried that if I can't continue to be useful in this way (collecting emails and sending pitches), I won't have an internship for much longer (hopefully I'm just being extra paranoid...).
Any help greatly appreciated!
So I'm about a week into a startup internship. I've been collecting the e-mails of blog writers who have written up articles about products similar to the one I'm trying to get press for (via buzzsumo), then writing them an email pitch to see if they'll feature it. I've sent about 30 emails so far, and received two replies. But since exausting that first list, I'm finding that it has become very difficult for me to find new popular blogs to send emails to.
I started to go smaller and smaller with the blogs I was willing to collect emails for, but it seems that the smaller I go, the more difficult it becomes to actually get a hold of anyone to contact at the blog.
I've started to get a distinct, sinking feeling that I may run out of relevant people to contact entirely soon.

So I thought I would bring my issue to the masters (i.e. anyone who has the slightest bit more experience at this than I
Do you just keep going with less and less popular blogs until there's nothing left? Do you start sending emails to other writers at that same blog, hoping that at least one will take an interest in your product? Do you keep sending emails to the same writers whom didn't respond initially?
I'm a bit worried that if I can't continue to be useful in this way (collecting emails and sending pitches), I won't have an internship for much longer (hopefully I'm just being extra paranoid...).
Any help greatly appreciated!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
