The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What should I learn?

G

Guest64644

What is the most valuable skill that I should learn in order to create something of value and get rich in the process? If you think it is coding, what language should I learn?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
It's hard to know until you find your hustle, however I would say that the most universally bankable skills are sales and marketing.

If you're under 25 I would try your hand at coding, start at Python/C/C++ and move outwards from there.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I would say one of them is learning not to think about money. Money is a byproduct of how well you are helping others. So just concentrate on helping as many people as you can as well as you can.

Find a strong need that you can fulfil that can also be scaled. Ideally look for needs in the areas you have interest or skills in. I don't think coding is the way to go these days unless you have a strong desire to be in that field or have identified a need that is not being met that requires programming skills and you are unable to pay someone else to meet.

In other words don't learn to code for just for coding sake. Sales and marketing are far more valuable assets to have in your arsenal that will produce a much faster return on investment.

Also you will gain a lot of knowledge if you use the search box here, there is a wealth of information on most subjects already fully discussed or in discussion.

This is one that will help you that is currently active:

What skill would you say is the most valuable in today's economy?

John Hurson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 12, 2019
Canada
What is the most valuable skill that I should learn in order to create something of value and get rich in the process? If you think it is coding, what language should I learn?
It all depends on your goal. If you are setting small goals, then you can either a programming language, any small or medium business such as towing or anything. Just learn skills and earn money it's not that difficult. You have Youtube and Other online resources to adapt skills from anywhere and anytime.

Travis Robinson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Feb 26, 2019
USA, California San Jose
It's hard to know until you find your hustle, however I would say that the most universally bankable skills are sales and marketing.

If you're under 25 I would try your hand at coding, start at Python/C/C++ and move outwards from there.
Though this recommendation is for Mojay, I found this valuable to enhance my skills in the context of improving language skills. Thanks!

D

Deleted50669

Step 1: Find problem.
Step 2: Validate the problem is valuable problem.
Step 3: Determine solution.
Step 4: Determine what knowledge is necessary to build solution.
Step 5: Learn and build. Repeat.
Step 6. Profit or learn.
Step 7: Step 1.

Recursion is fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

SolopreneurGrind

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 26, 2019
Spend a few days/weeks researching the options out there, then try the 2-3 that seem the most interesting to you. The reality is you will be more drawn to and more motivated by things you enjoy in the long run, and you will quickly learn what excites you, discover opportunities and be more willing to grind it out to do those things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.