The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What made you pull the trigger and start your first business?

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
Hi all,

I have done some freelancing and I have done some corporate. I almost started a business a few years ago, my card failed as I tried to pay for the business!

My question, is what was the catalyst that made you start your first business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

scott wisniewsk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Aug 23, 2007
wisconsin
Being sick of someone telling me what to do . When I was smarter then they were , couldn't take it anymore. But I already was working on my sideline business and I was ready

Siddhartha

Pleasure Operator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Mar 30, 2019
I came to find that I severely disliked waking up and/or existing on workdays; ergo I jumped into business/entrepreneurship podcasts and started brainstorming how I could find and provide value in more productive ways.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
First: I was young and thought not having a boss would be cool.
Second: The company I was working on went out of business and I thought it would be cool to follow my passion.
The party changed my view on the purpose and money role in the world pretty significantly, so I'm starting a third one.

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
The catalyst was my FTE that set me off on reading and taking tiny baby steps to get out of this grind.

I was in a successful sales job, and was on track to be one of the top in the company. Upper management decided they did not like my approach and restructured the comp plan. That took $30k out of my W2 that year....

I'm at a different company now that is helping me support my family, but this will be my last corporate job if I can help it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.