The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Is Your Dream Business?

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
Dream business?
A company which i will build from stratach and within 10 years it will be worldwide strong player.

Later on build a big holding/investments company and have resorcie throught the while world.

Dream occupation?
That one above plus being a concert pianist and hiking on the 7000-8000 high mountains.
And a rally driver :]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
quit-your-job.png

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
Open a company that:
- solve problems by delivering meaningful solutions
- it is known for good customer service. If losing a buck makes an unhappy customer happy, then lose the buck, whatever the reason.
- it is known worldwide for having a good internal organization, and meetings are reduced to the bare minimum
- it is known for the upper management's involvement. Management, including VPs, an CEOs is required to go around, ask questions, step into meetings, proposing solutions, encouraging the team.
- it is known for its minimalistic approach on solution. No sugar coating needed. The customer just needs a solution and is willing to pay for it.
- it makes me $$$. And then, more $$$ so that I can travel and provide a great education to my kids.
- by making a ton of $$$, the company and its management will have to give back to community in one form or another. May it be cash donation, mentoring or volunteering at a soup kitchen.

Lagron

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2013
New Jersey
I'd love to own and help run multiple golf courses, somewhere where the weather is nearly perfect all year round.
And when I say "help run", that just means I'd be running it whenever I'm not playing a round of golf on my own courses ;)
28.5 Million USD, and I can give you one of NJ's most prestigious golf course.

Aside from that-

------------
I want to wake up. Not from irrationality but wake up and truly live life. I want to wake up one morning in a warm bed with a beautiful brunette woman by my side, held in my arms through the night as if I am the only man for her. And as if she is the one for me. I want to smell her hair by my side as it reminds me of fields of lavender, as I slowly get out of bed and approach the 12 foot tall window in our bedroom, as I walk out onto the balcony and take a fresh breath of air with the sun beating against my skin with the harbor in my view and the bright white seagulls off in the distance.

I want to walk inside, and walk into the bathroom with granite laying, and a jacuzzi, a statue of Aphrodite somewhat modestly always staring. A shower that fits 2, as I take off my clothes and walk into the shower with the warm water beating against my skin. It's time for my true princess to get up as she hears me in the shower she joins. Without getting explicit I want to feel her heart beat not against mine but in unison as her company fills my life with meaning.

Afterwards we both get out, get dressed and I walk to the door to leave, as I grab my Louis Vuitton wallet as thick as long sexy legs and phone. We reach the elevator, the bellhop knows our routine. Breakfast in the dinning hall. We are always seated at the same table, which is always ready for us at a certain hour with our breakfast preset and waiting for our arrival. We, my wife and I, indulge upon the meal that we have prepared for us specially, and differently every single morning by the chief.

After we are done, the waitress smiles, and receives our gratitude and tidings, always a tip of magnitude. We thank the waitress for coming to work as we leave the restaurant and head to the lobby, we walk out and hear taxi's honking the horn. We hear the cars and pedestrians, people stuck in the rat race always going to work and hurrying along in life. We look up and view the city, New York City, and the new Trade Center in our view.

A limo, and a driver is always waiting for us, as we go meet family, and visit the assortment of property we own on some days. We dress in a fashion not of this day and age, and take pride when people see us walk by, as the perfect couple, in very fashionable clothing, as powerful individuals.

She tends to her businesses during the day, though we both do not need the extra funds, and I do the same. We open businesses offering crucial services in countries that do not have them such as hospitals and schools. We open homeless shelters and work on having them becoming employed, and re-situated back in life.

I want to feel as if I have a purpose to live.
I want to go to work knowing what I do, and the organizations I start make a difference.
I want to not have to look at a price tag, the lifestyle it tends is one to which I would favor.

Life, is my purpose. Life is my goal. Life... what is life? Life to me is purpose. And having the FREEDOM to go anywhere we please, whenever we please. I want to go to every single continent and see in some essence what they offer though it would be hardly a glimpse.

No worries, I do not want doubt, I want no sickness, I want health,

I want, health, wealth and love, for myself and my loved one, and the same for our offspring.

I am no saint, not a charitable person, I am or have been told I am selfish, frugal, called a Jew?

But I see the reason as to such- because I do not yet have that to which I want. And as such, it did and does seem logical to continue working towards my goals. A penthouse in New York City, or Los Angelos, even San Francisco. A woman, who sees as I see, and understands where I come from, who loves me and I the same for her. I want freedom to be away from oppression, from having to adhere to social standards of intermingling. I want freedom from others telling me what to do, what to say, what to think. I want freedom of choice in all things. I want to wake up and fall asleep when I wilt. I want to help those whom I see a reason to help, whom I believe will do the most good with my assistance.

Give me recognition, but not by face, but by name. Give me power not by force but through words. Give me strength not by labor but by wits. Give me feeling, and forgiveness but not because of prosecution of ill-mannered actions, instead through logic and the weighting of benefits against the costs. A cherry upon the ice cream, companionship.

That is what I want. In a fruitful tongue beyond those whom chose to read, I merely want the most basic things.

That above is life to me...
My dream business- is the business of life. A business, that funds, the dreams of others while sustaining my own.

1. A business through import/export transactions- and bulk purchasing bringing items as simple as water or shampoo to those who can't otherwise obtain it. (This is my most important business goal).

2. A business of payment processing transactions.

3. Having my own commodities market.

4. An offshore bank, bringing banking to illegal immigrants of countries, especially that of the USA.

5. School of The Elite- a school of unconventional matter, that teaches from a young age, to "learn," and are developed socially,mentally, physically etc, in the image the parents want them in- a soldier, a scientist, doctor, entreprenuer, etc. (This is one of most important businesses).

6. I can't say the last- as it's what I do currently.

Last edited:

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
Great idea for a thread Vigilante. Thanks for the chance to think, plan and dream in a productive and goal setting manner. I'll see if I can both express and discover some of my ideologies/philosophies behind the question without turning into action faker/dreamer mode.

If you cashed out, but still wanted to do something, what would that be? What does your future look like?
This is a tough, getting to the "cash out" stage is far enough away for me as is. Let me take a quick tangent to give a slightly roundabout but more comprehensive answer, or at least one I'm more satisfied with.
I'm still struggling more with the HOW than the WHAT. That is, I don't really care what kind of business gets me to my initial "cash out" stage. I just want something that actually has the potential.

I'm afraid I'll get trapped inside a market that has perhaps a $100m cap to it, and be stuck there. I need to start a thread about that and see where my mindset is screwed up at (besides delaying forever looking for the "perfect" scenario).

So while I'm in no position to look down on anyone with, or be dissatisfied personally (at the moment), with say, a $75m net worth, we need to know "the number," as MJ mentions (and financial planners would agree), that allows us an income stream on which we can live our dreams and passions. I know that even though I will be proactive in creating more wealth with my "cash-out" start, my number needs to be significantly higher, even though I'm not at all seeking a life of unbridled luxury.

Do you want to retire? (For most entrepreneurs, this only lasts a little over a year before idle hands need something to do again.)
I guess I'd "retire" from my original business if I was bought out, but I want to be able to jump into a number of other markets; at that point, it's diworsification no longer.

Do you have a "passion" business you want to run some day? Selling boogie boards on the beach walk? Painting and trying to get your paintings into galleries? Maybe trying your hand at new media? How about teaching?

Does a hobby at all count? I want to start an awesome car collection of all the vehicles I like; muscle cars, sleepers, exotics, vintage everything, and the current versions of the old models. Motorcycles too. Similar in size, but smaller in value than Leno's collection.

As far as businesses go, I won't pretend to have all the best BIG investments (historically) memorized, but I know Commercial R.E. interests me, and I've always wondered about owning a significant amount off fast food franchises, movie theatres (Cuban), etc. I'd like to Angel Invest too, assuming I'd acquired the accumen to be successful in that by then.
At that point, anything I see with potential for massive returns, or industries I could take a big bite into either by buying into it, or creating a business to compete and become a major player. This would all be to supplement my interest income and various "normal" investments. Whatever can get me the most money back to me, after taxes. My reason for this is next.

Are you going to raise money for charity? Specifically, what charity and what mechanism.

THIS. This is really why I'm going through all this effort. If it wasn't for my overwhelmingly strong desire to contribute huge amounts of money to a bunch of organizations, I would need maybe 35-40% of what I think I need now. If I'm able to generate $25m a year in interest and investment income, that "might" be enough. After the first 2-3 years, in which I'll be saving money for a crazy sweet house (pay in cash), I want to be able to live on under 20% of my income after tax.
So many organizations I'm interested in. Feeding kids across the world (Compassion International), to friends that are missionaries in different parts of the world (Mexico, Brazil, Romania, small counties in Africa, etc), as well as organizations working to stop sex trafficking and close brothels. And 15 other places. I want to be able to, over my lifetime, give away at least as much, and hopefully double the amount of my net worth at its highest point.
Hopefully this wasn't too much of a diversion from the intent of the thread, sorry to bore anyone with all of that.

My dream business- is the business of life. A business, that funds, the dreams of others while sustaining my own.

This pretty much summarizes my thoughts. I can see though that I have the cart ahead of the horse here; time to get moving on figuring out how to make all this happen.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
As I am currently looking at buying my first Labrador, I am already falling in love with the breed. I think I'd like to ultimately become a dog trainer, maybe even guide dog trainer. Spend my days in the park with dogs and animals.

The wife and I are also contemplating getting into the tea market. I have to say it excites me very much.

We're also huge travelers. Would love to see more of the world. We absolutely loved Korea. Highly recommend anyone stop into Seoul if they get the chance.

MikeAU

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Mar 24, 2014
Brisbane
I would definitely like to get involved in the xprize. There's some really interesting stuff on there and can't wait to get some teams together!

Other than that a car collection is a must. I've also always wanted build an iconic building. I want to be able to say 'I built that'. Plus some of the buildings that get built are shocking!

Cheers

G

GuestUserX09

A ground pounding ecommerce store within a niche that I'm genuinely interested in.

Or

A similar concept, but within software.

ArcherCarmic

Action, Reflection, Repeat
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 27, 2016
Canada
I will keep doing more of what I love doing, and outsourcing more of what I don't.
I will build and sell businesses and systems that allow me to focus my time on my true passions and not worry about (personal) money ever again. I will use the above as real life lessons to teach my children about value creation so that they can build their own.

At this point in my life, if I had 100M and no financial worries, I would develop a tech company specializing in 3D printed housing using sustainable materials (Hempcrete, bamboo, etc.) as filament material. I would hire a small team of passionate tinkerers and engineers to iterate and innovate until the process was on par with the modern cost of building a home, with a fraction of the time and labour required. I would bring the technology to underdeveloped nations and bring jobs and sustainable housing to millions, using the natural plant materials indigenous to their respective areas.

I've also got some ideas for disrupting the marine shipping and transportation industry, however I'll save that for another post...

Christian949

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 13, 2015
My dream business would be some type of online business where I can be anywhere and anytime I want.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.