The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is essential in web design?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
I need some clarity. Some people say knowing UI/UX alone is enough for web design. Others say you need to learn how to code. Which one is true?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
I think you are confused.

I know plenty of designers who can't code and I know plenty of software engineers (mostly the back-end staff) who have no clue about design.

Design in the end is just a set of principles you follow to make a webpage or the message on a page standout.

Web design in particular goes through many cycles just like the fashion industry.

Some years, retro design is all the rage, other years, minimalism is being praised. It changes often and that is up to you to see if you want to jump on the bandwagon of the latest design trend.

That being said, the basic principles of design are always the same.

You can find in countless blogs the most basic principles about design and if you follow them you can create web pages that convey a message properly and are aesthetically pleasing.

If you learn to code, you can do live design as is, you design your webpage directly by going from the code editor to the live website. Or you can use a tool such as Figma to create the designs and then send them to someone who will then take your design and create it in code.

So you don't need to learn to code to design. In fact , I would say, just start with Figma (which is free) and then later learn HTML, CSS if you want to expand your knowledge.

Anyway, that is just my opinion. I am not a designer, all my design knowledge has been stolen/ borrowed from other websites. I just copy the best parts, add my spin on it and then code it.

Are my designs the best? No. Do they do the job? Yes. And at the end of the day that is all that matter for me.

Create, iterate, improve until you reach a satisfactory outcome.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.