You come with the most genius idea ever and everyone will love it right?
I launched an idea this past week. I've never taken this step, due to doubts and fear. (I know, I know)
This time was different, I am very confident in what I have created and the benefits it provides. My team created a short video and spent a little money to get more eyes on it on fb and instagram.
Now I will explain how my experience went, and why it is important for anyone who is creating a product or service to understand. NOT EVERYONE WILL LOVE YOUR IDEA.
Video went up and people started to comment. As I read the comments, oh man not going to lie, the doubts came back again. I had people telling me the product sucks, its not needed, and some even used extreme profanity. I've never meant to offend anyone, but by reading the comments you'd think I insulted their ancestors. It was a very new and very real experience.
Its only a few days in, but let me tell ya, you cannot doubt yourself or your product. If you do, it's game over. Yeah it sucked reading those comments, but I also have had a lot of great comments and great compliments. I learned that not everyone will love your product, but at the same time , not everyone will hate your product. My kickstarter is almost 70% funded with 3 and half weeks to go.
If you're planning on launching a new idea or product, believe in yourself. Don't let a few words from different people deter you away from your goals and dreams. There will be harsh remarks, insults, and profanity. So prepare now. Understand that it will come. Never lose confidence in yourself. Finally, just go and prove them wrong.
I launched an idea this past week. I've never taken this step, due to doubts and fear. (I know, I know)
This time was different, I am very confident in what I have created and the benefits it provides. My team created a short video and spent a little money to get more eyes on it on fb and instagram.
Now I will explain how my experience went, and why it is important for anyone who is creating a product or service to understand. NOT EVERYONE WILL LOVE YOUR IDEA.
Video went up and people started to comment. As I read the comments, oh man not going to lie, the doubts came back again. I had people telling me the product sucks, its not needed, and some even used extreme profanity. I've never meant to offend anyone, but by reading the comments you'd think I insulted their ancestors. It was a very new and very real experience.
Its only a few days in, but let me tell ya, you cannot doubt yourself or your product. If you do, it's game over. Yeah it sucked reading those comments, but I also have had a lot of great comments and great compliments. I learned that not everyone will love your product, but at the same time , not everyone will hate your product. My kickstarter is almost 70% funded with 3 and half weeks to go.
If you're planning on launching a new idea or product, believe in yourself. Don't let a few words from different people deter you away from your goals and dreams. There will be harsh remarks, insults, and profanity. So prepare now. Understand that it will come. Never lose confidence in yourself. Finally, just go and prove them wrong.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
