I'm no Shakespeare but I wanted to offer my opinion on writing to some aspiring entrepreneurs (and reveal by own bias).
I generally break writing online (so, e-mail, forum posts, etc.) down into two buckets: those with punctuation and those without. It's that simple. I'm not the grammar police and couldn't be if I tried but a lack of punctuation kills me.
It's probably not fair, but when I see a post that says: "hey is my idea fastlane thx", I immediately skip it, and not even because of the question. The person couldn't even find time to use the shift key or a question mark.
Am I alone on this one?
Similarly, if I'm reading a thread and the response looks similar to the above, I automatically skip what has been written. And maybe it's gold!
Anyway, take the above as you would any anonymous comment on the Internet but I thought it was worth sharing as in my brief time here I've seen a distinct difference in the quality of certain posts. If your questions aren't getting answered, maybe the structure and style of your prose is to blame?
-PM
P.S. - And proper punctuation shouldn't necessarily be impacted if English is your second language, so that's definitely not what I'm getting at.
I generally break writing online (so, e-mail, forum posts, etc.) down into two buckets: those with punctuation and those without. It's that simple. I'm not the grammar police and couldn't be if I tried but a lack of punctuation kills me.
It's probably not fair, but when I see a post that says: "hey is my idea fastlane thx", I immediately skip it, and not even because of the question. The person couldn't even find time to use the shift key or a question mark.
Am I alone on this one?
Similarly, if I'm reading a thread and the response looks similar to the above, I automatically skip what has been written. And maybe it's gold!
Anyway, take the above as you would any anonymous comment on the Internet but I thought it was worth sharing as in my brief time here I've seen a distinct difference in the quality of certain posts. If your questions aren't getting answered, maybe the structure and style of your prose is to blame?
-PM
P.S. - And proper punctuation shouldn't necessarily be impacted if English is your second language, so that's definitely not what I'm getting at.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
