The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you drink besides coffee?

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Hey all!

I love coffee - but it's a hassle constantly getting up to go to the bathroom whenever I'm sitting down to work.

What do you lot drink as you work that keeps you alert, and keeps you in one place?

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Hey all!

I love coffee - but it's a hassle constantly getting up to go to the bathroom whenever I'm sitting down to work.

What do you lot drink as you work that keeps you alert, and keeps you in one place?

Cheers!
If you just want caffeine, why not take tablets? They are usually 200mg so you get close to the same amount every time.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Water.

No, seriously. I drink about 2L of water a day (one upon waking) & then later that morning, a bulletproof coffee (about 12oz). People's energy/focus waxes & wanes due to blood sugar & this is typically due to a shitty diet (foods can also dehydrate you if they don't work with your body). If you can keep your diet on point, it's the single greatest thing you can do for your mental game.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
If you just want caffeine, why not take tablets? They are usually 200mg so you get close to the same amount every time.

I don't need the caffeine. It's just a nice bonus. I just want a healthy alternative to coffee that's not a diuretic.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Water.

No, seriously. I drink about 2L of water a day (one upon waking) & then later that morning, a bulletproof coffee (about 12oz). People's energy/focus waxes & wanes due to blood sugar & this is typically due to a shitty diet (foods can also dehydrate you if they don't work with your body). If you can keep your diet on point, it's the single greatest thing you can do for your mental game.

Got a giant 40oz reusable bottle in front of me right now. ;) All about getting that water in!

I should've rephrased. I'm not exactly falling asleep at the wheel over here. Moreso just something to sip on that's gonna sharpen the edge a bit.

Maybe Tea is the answer.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
I'm now aware of how pointless it was for me to post this, hahaha.

Feel free to #landfill if you so desire - mods!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Water.

I drink a lot of water also.

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
Tea, coffee, water

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Water with a slice of lemon. I only drink one cup of coffee a day in the morning. Occasionally I'll have tea too.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Yerba Mate. Check it out dude - it's probably what you're looking for.

More steady then coffee, no jitters, no crash, lasts longer time span, the whole of south america drinks it.

I also take 200mg L-theanine before I drink my cup for even more focus.

Stuff is magic.

disclaimer: you may hate it, everyone's brain and body are different, but for me, it's my juice!

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I keep a gallon of water at my desk that I usually finish in the middle of the day. Water, water, water. When I'm feeling sluggish, I have 200mg caffeine caps for energy, 750mg beta alanine caps for the tingles, and 500mg l-theanine caps for the focus.

Besides that, I occasionally booze it up, but only super special occasions.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Also, if you eat clean, stay hydrated, and get regular exercise and enough sleep, you won't need to rely on stimulants.

Parker fields

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2017
Tulsa, OK
Instead of just buying tea, I like to make my own with some real honey, from friends who farm, and some Ginsing that I boil. Makes an awesome cup of tea. Start playing with making your own tea's if your bored with coffee or want something else. Water, water, and more water plus that good diet have always made me be on point otherwise. Soda is a rare treat and coffee is nice for rough or slow mornings

Last edited:

Simon4sch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 23, 2018
Germany
Green Tea is also really good. Try to let it brew for 2 minutes to get a stimulating effect. Make sure not to leave the tea bag too long in the cup, otherwise it can make you tired. In my opinion the tea really tastes great with lemon juice or honey or both and it keeps your mind sharp when reading/working.

NickB

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jan 19, 2018
Colorado
Got a giant 40oz reusable bottle in front of me right now. ;) All about getting that water in!

I should've rephrased. I'm not exactly falling asleep at the wheel over here. Moreso just something to sip on that's gonna sharpen the edge a bit.

Maybe Tea is the answer.

I'll have 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning to wake me up. Late morning I make "Titanium Tea" - a Tim Ferriss concoction. It's basically black tea + green tea plus some herbs and coconut oil. He claims a person metabolizes caffeine from tea much more slowly, so you don't have the spike and burnout of coffee. This is something I've definitely noticed (it could be placebo though).

I just do 1 tea bag of Pu-Erh black tea and 1 of Sencha green tea without anything else. Steep it for a few minutes at 185 degrees or after boiling. I pick up the tea brands at an Asia market for dirt cheap.

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Its already been said to death but ... water. When I make a conscious effort to get in a gallon of water per day, my mind feels clear and my body feels so much better. I also require MUCH less caffeine to stay alert.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
I do something similar to the Tim Ferriss recipe @NickB mentioned, but adding Yerba Mate to the teas. (I don't add fat or oil to it.) Green tea + yerba mate also go well together without the pu-erh.

Yerba has some cool xanthines in it that I'm sure the wikipedia article will cover in some detail. The gist of it being that the compounds have similar stimulant powers to caffeine but without all the sharp edges and nervous jitters of the caffeine buzz.

As much as I love coffee I can only stand so much of it in a day before I get too spaced out to concentrate. The tea + yerba combo makes for a much smoother and more focused kind of "high".

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia