The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What changed your mind?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

S.A

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 24, 2016
Hi Everyone

First of all: thankyou MJ DeMarco for this forum, the book and the community. You are one of the greatest in my eyes.

About me: I am 28 stil living at home because i got no money, no job even i made over 150+ aplications. Soon the gouverment will no longer pay me ( in switzerland you got a inseruance if you lose your job) i got from now on about 11,5 Months till i have no income and as it seems no job.
I got following options:
- Do somethign ilegal
- Do any job i can get even if its literaly pushing shit around (But no one gives me one since august last year)

as you see im pretty F*cked rn. My question is: what happend that you finally put everything in to hustling you got?
Sometimes i can motivate myself because of the circumstances but as you probably know, its hard to stay focused and have a good mindset when every effort is instantly killed and most of my projects just dont workout, at one point i even had a company which was good but i closed it down because me and my partner couldnt handle the pressure and the 18h+ days, which was a very big mistake looking back at it.

This was 2 years ago and besides the business i had a job a mad gf because i almost had no time for her and i did a degree everything simultaneously. i somehow managed to succed with everything but today it seems like its allmost imposible to come back to this mindset i had at this time, everything gets more slow, my concentration suffers also i have ad ( same as adhd whithout the hd).
Besides the usual things like sport, what would you guys recomend me to get back on the fastlane?
maybe a solution to make money without capital?

cant wait to read your storys and how you changed for the better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You'll find all the reasons why people changed their minds here...

We call it an FTE, or a F-this event.

gouverment will no longer pay me ( in switzerland you got a inseruance if you lose your job) i got from now on about 11,5 Months till i have no income and as it seems no job.

So you have a full year of income paid by the government? In other words, a whole year to figure things out?

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
its hard to stay focused and have a good mindset when every effort is instantly killed
it seems like its allmost imposible to come back to this mindset i had at this time, everything gets more slow, my concentration suffers also i have ad
Thanks for posting.
I have selected a couple of things that you wrote that stood out to me. Do you now have health issues? Do you have problems with burnout or something like that?
How do your efforts get instantly killed?
What happens to make your concentration suffer?
Also, you said that you used to have your own business, but that you closed it down. What was this? Could you start it back up again?

S.A

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 24, 2016
So you have a full year of income paid by the government? In other words, a whole year to figure things out?
yes, that is a assurance that anyone has to pay for situations like this, it may sound like a whole alot time but it really isnt, even if anything will work perfectly finde in the best case i will have until then a job and will likely be at the beginning of the journey of entrepreneurship.
And no, it is not the whole income its 2/3 of my usual income which is also not that high.
Thank you mj for replying aprecciate it :)

i allways wanted to ask you, why didnt you publish your books in german as well? i recommend it a lot of people but a lot are struggling with the language sady. i would love to translate everything for you.

S.A

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks for posting.
I have selected a couple of things that you wrote that stood out to me. Do you now have health issues? Do you have problems with burnout or something like that?
How do your efforts get instantly killed?
What happens to make your concentration suffer?
Also, you said that you used to have your own business, but that you closed it down. What was this? Could you start it back up again?
Thanks for the response mate.
I have attention deficit and another health issue which sadly affects only around 1% of all people its called "acne inversa" it affects me sometimes hard- it makes walking painfull or rotation of my hands. But its not a problem to me i hate it when it comes but i learned to live with it as i wouldnt have it also is chronigal but not allways "active".
When i was a kid i had burnout syndroms because i had a lot of pressure to perform well in school.
My efforts are killed because i get not even close to a job interview even when im overqualified for the place. I think it is because i have a 2 year gap and not a lot of experience in my field, even if i could do it easily.
The reason for my concentration suffer has 2 coponents ( i can really good reflect what happens inside my according to my therapist) and i think its : Brain chemistry which is caused by the AD. Sometimes i have a really hard time to focus without medication and the second problem is- that i think that all these efforts where i tryed to get a job made me a insecure about the outcomes of my work. I think i have subconsously not the best self believe.
The business was: a company where you could customize your dog collars and leashes individually. Colors, materials, fonts etc. it did perform well, but it was bound to a lot of capital because the materials and the tools as example the engraving machine was allmost 10k. We had some competitors but allmost every of them is still active today and is performing well. From my point of view we did it better and had really fast results but we just wasnt ready for all the pressure at that time.
So in order to pick it up again i would need a job and mutch capital, but i can say with confidence that my new idea is a lot better more scalable and more passive because we had to make the products ourselves and that was also very frustrating because if it wasnt perfect we did it again even if it was allmost done- if everything did go well a single collar could need 3h of production time.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
First of all: thankyou MJ DeMarco for this forum, the book and the community. You are one of the greatest in my eyes.

About me: I am 28 stil living at home because i got no money, no job even i made over 150+ aplications. Soon the gouverment will no longer pay me ( in switzerland you got a inseruance if you lose your job) i got from now on about 11,5 Months till i have no income and as it seems no job.
I got following options:
- Do somethign ilegal
- Do any job i can get even if its literaly pushing shit around (But no one gives me one since august last year)

as you see im pretty F*cked rn. My question is: what happend that you finally put everything in to hustling you got?
Sometimes i can motivate myself because of the circumstances but as you probably know, its hard to stay focused and have a good mindset when every effort is instantly killed and most of my projects just dont workout, at one point i even had a company which was good but i closed it down because me and my partner couldnt handle the pressure and the 18h+ days, which was a very big mistake looking back at it.

This was 2 years ago and besides the business i had a job a mad gf because i almost had no time for her and i did a degree everything simultaneously. i somehow managed to succed with everything but today it seems like its allmost imposible to come back to this mindset i had at this time, everything gets more slow, my concentration suffers also i have ad ( same as adhd whithout the hd).
Besides the usual things like sport, what would you guys recomend me to get back on the fastlane?

Hi Everyone

I got following options:
- Do somethign ilegal

There is actually remote job options that you don’t have to work for an employer in your country.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
There are but mostly not in switzerland or how do you mean that exactly?
You can find remote jobs where someone pays you to work at your home.

It doesn't matter there the employer/company is.

S.A

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 24, 2016
You can find remote jobs where someone pays you to work at your home.

It doesn't matter there the employer/company is.
My CV isnt good i dont even get jobs i would basicly be overqualified only because i have timeframes where i didnt work

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
My CV isnt good i dont even get jobs i would basicly be overqualified only because i have timeframes where i didnt work
You provided freelancing service in that period to Mr XYZ who is your Dad or best friend.

Do whatever it takes to get a job

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.