The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What can I do with customer data from my current employment?

Nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Dec 3, 2017
United Kingdom
I am currently working for a business which serves a specific industry in the UK and I have access to a relatively large volume of customer data. As part of my role I routinely manage this data. It includes business names, addresses, contact info (email and phone), industry and current business management software (if any). Although the business has taken steps to reduce access to this information (due to a salesman moving to a competitor and taking a copy with him), I am in one of the few roles where I can generate complete lists relatively easily.

My question is, what would a Fastlaner do with this data? I have identified a potential product which may fulfil the requirements of many customers on this list (they routinely contact us for this functionality and we turn them down), but is it ethical or even legal to use this data to promote this new product? I am interested to see what members of this forum would do, or if they had any other ideas for what could be done with this data.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.