Hey everyone
This is my first time using a forum other than reddit, so hopefully I’m posting this in the right section. I don’t want this post to be a complaint or pitty story, just being real. I always wanted to be wealthy but perhaps didn’t believe in myself enough to start my own business. I’m turning 26 this year and feel quite behind the curve ball. I have always kind of been searching for meaning or reason. More recently I have started to believe in myself more through some activities I have started doing to change my inner dialogue. I feel more capable to start my own business now although I still have some fear maybe of failing or not being able to deal with it all or going at it alone. I am currently working as a solar rep in Australia but I have started think the solar industry may not be the industry to start a business as its hyper saturated and the business model is that of having to constantly attain new clientele, no repeat customers but it’s a high ticket sale. I have a close friend that is in the cleaning and property business that has offered to show me the way for either. Throughout my life I have relied on other people or looked to them as a salvation which has never worked, always when I looked to myself and took action did things change or was I able to get jobs I wanted but again I want to start my own business not work for someone else. I am just not sure what type of business. I have had the want to do drop shipping and wanted to do it 7 years ago but never took the leap. I feel if I do not do something soon my life won’t be the way I want it to be 5-10 years down the track. Also some context I still live with my parents in a property that I invested onto with them. I have yet to hit the 30k mark a year in terms of earnings as employee although perhaps I have surpassed that this year already, I haven’t really kept proper track. If you guys have any idea for businesses that could work in Australia and would be simple and straightforward to start for someone that has struggled in school and didn’t go to uni that would be awesome. Preferably a business that has the potential to turn into more than 100k return a month once it’s been built up. I thought maybe digital marketing but I don’t know how advertise/ market online as of yet.
This is my first time using a forum other than reddit, so hopefully I’m posting this in the right section. I don’t want this post to be a complaint or pitty story, just being real. I always wanted to be wealthy but perhaps didn’t believe in myself enough to start my own business. I’m turning 26 this year and feel quite behind the curve ball. I have always kind of been searching for meaning or reason. More recently I have started to believe in myself more through some activities I have started doing to change my inner dialogue. I feel more capable to start my own business now although I still have some fear maybe of failing or not being able to deal with it all or going at it alone. I am currently working as a solar rep in Australia but I have started think the solar industry may not be the industry to start a business as its hyper saturated and the business model is that of having to constantly attain new clientele, no repeat customers but it’s a high ticket sale. I have a close friend that is in the cleaning and property business that has offered to show me the way for either. Throughout my life I have relied on other people or looked to them as a salvation which has never worked, always when I looked to myself and took action did things change or was I able to get jobs I wanted but again I want to start my own business not work for someone else. I am just not sure what type of business. I have had the want to do drop shipping and wanted to do it 7 years ago but never took the leap. I feel if I do not do something soon my life won’t be the way I want it to be 5-10 years down the track. Also some context I still live with my parents in a property that I invested onto with them. I have yet to hit the 30k mark a year in terms of earnings as employee although perhaps I have surpassed that this year already, I haven’t really kept proper track. If you guys have any idea for businesses that could work in Australia and would be simple and straightforward to start for someone that has struggled in school and didn’t go to uni that would be awesome. Preferably a business that has the potential to turn into more than 100k return a month once it’s been built up. I thought maybe digital marketing but I don’t know how advertise/ market online as of yet.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
