The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are the different types of business models and how do they make money?

dhruv.dhananjay

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 7, 2022
Hey all, I have seen a lot of different models such as SaaS, ecommerce, web developing, newsletter, and copywriting. I've dug through those threads but could never really find out how some of these business models really work. I would appreciate it if I could learn about them here, and if maybe I can use one of them for a business I will build.

Thank You!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
I think if you google these topics, you will find tons of answers.

Long story short - offer value and get money for it. Copywriting - you are good with words and other people are not. They will use your service for maybe something like business purposes, product texts, copy for website, blog etc.

E-commerce. You sell products for higher price than you sourced them. That's the easiest way to put it.

Business is literally offering something to someone, who gets value out of it and then you get paid for it.

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India
Hey all, I have seen a lot of different models such as SaaS, ecommerce, web developing, newsletter, and copywriting. I've dug through those threads but could never really find out how some of these business models really work. I would appreciate it if I could learn about them here, and if maybe I can use one of them for a business I will build.

Thank You!
I asked the a similar question on the forum and here's what MJ had to say about it and this is absolutely right according to me:

My question:
Hey. I'm 18 years old and I read in TMF that the execution matters more than the idea, but I need a base to start the execution. Can you all please present some of the options which you think are good?

MJ's Answer:
Are you sure entrepreneurship is for you? This type of question (and request for hand-holding) is indicative of a big problem. If you expect someone to literally give you the idea for a business as permission and validation to get started, you'll find this career and lifestyle impossible to navigate.

I personally believe that you gotta do your own research and find out what the society needs and what people will give you money for. I am doing my research rn too.

Here's one of MJ's tools to rate your business idea according to CENTS

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-09 212258.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-09 212258.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2022-08-09 212322.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-09 212322.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 3

dhruv.dhananjay

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 7, 2022
I asked the a similar question on the forum and here's what MJ had to say about it and this is absolutely right according to me:

My question:
Hey. I'm 18 years old and I read in TMF that the execution matters more than the idea, but I need a base to start the execution. Can you all please present some of the options which you think are good?

MJ's Answer:
Are you sure entrepreneurship is for you? This type of question (and request for hand-holding) is indicative of a big problem. If you expect someone to literally give you the idea for a business as permission and validation to get started, you'll find this career and lifestyle impossible to navigate.

I personally believe that you gotta do your own research and find out what the society needs and what people will give you money for. I am doing my research rn too.

Here's one of MJ's tools to rate your business idea according to CENTS

I understand what you mean. It makes it sound like you want to do entrepreneurship but ask a multi-millionaire to build your business for you, or something along the lines of that. Thank you for your feedback to my question, as I have learned what I should do next. Have a good day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.