The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are GOOD Books For Writing Copy???

Marketing, social media, advertising

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
So I've been doing a bit of research on these books. But It's hard to really know whats good. Hard to trust reviews.

I think the best way is to just ask people.

What are some good Copy Writing Books, Sales Strategies, Marketing, etc ???

No Seth Godin books. I have them all.

I'm looking for practical advice, real sales strategies, online techniques, real world examples, etc. That kinda stuff.

Books like Cashvertising I guess.

Much Thanks Everyone!

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Advertising Secrets of the Written word was recommended to me in that double your profits thread, after reading Ca$hvertising I think this book is going to be a huge build on that, I'm about 2 chapters in and he has a very specific approach to it compared with Ca$hvertising.

Influence:The Psychology of Persuasion is also good but is not directly related to copy-writing.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
a nice quick read that just gets down to the point of laying a copywriting foundation is Breakthrough Copywriting by David Garfinkel. Its cheap, free to borrow with Prime. Short and to the point. Not a bunch of fluff like a lot of books.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAAQLXM/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I hear good things about Dan Kennedy so im gonna check him out. Cashvertising was good too. You really only need a few of these books to get the mindset down. Its mostly the same stuff taught a bit differently. I dont know that you need to read 25 books on copy. Lay the foundation. Know what you want to accomplish with it. Then practice. Look around the web and offline and see what other companies are doing now.

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
The key to successful copy is being able to quantify results. If you can't track the performance of your copy with numerical data ( views, inquiries, leads, sales figures) then you're entirely blind to its effectiveness and just wasting money.
Read "Tested Advertising Methods." While the book is old, the strategies of writing and testing copy are still very current.
I've done most of the GH challenge and I've read Ca$hvertising. Of all the books, this one is a solid foundation for learning copy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.