The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"What 3.25 Billion Site Visits Tell Us About Google, Facebook, and Where Different Niches Get Their Traffic"

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Came across this article today which I feel offers very interesting insights to those of you selling online:

Note: If links are not allowed in this forum, maybe the moderator can move this thread to "OFF TOPICS / FUNNIES" forum?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Interesting article. I was wondering if it was missing a piece of the puzzle. The article stated that very little traffic came from Instagram, which they found surprising especially for the fashion and beauty sector. But my first thought, was people would become aware of a brand via Instagram, and then 'manually' search on Google afterwards.

What do you think? Is this article saying Instagram is dead, or is it missing a piece of the puzzle?

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
Interesting article. I was wondering if it was missing a piece of the puzzle. The article stated that very little traffic came from Instagram, which they found surprising especially for the fashion and beauty sector. But my first thought, was people would become aware of a brand via Instagram, and then 'manually' search on Google afterwards.

What do you think? Is this article saying Instagram is dead, or is it missing a piece of the puzzle?

Instagram is based on trendsetting, cool people, cool content.
The masses may not use it, but if the cool kids use it, thats enough to start a trend. And once the trend is rolling, late adopters wont know it started on instsgram, they just copied their cool friends.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Makes sense.

If I want to buy something, I first search on google. I'm much more likely to buy from a site i see listed on the first page (the only thing i like about amazon is kindle)

I still don't get why people say SEO is dead.

EDIT: I *have* bought things advertised by people i follow on instagram as well, so I guess 'influencers' work, but from what I hear, they're expensive, and may not be as effective as facebook ads especially if you have a solid product, and you don't need someone with their bikini riding up their a$$ to tell others how great it is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.