The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Meetup Accountability Call Megathread

Maria 777

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 4, 2022
Hi, guys,
if you couldn't attend the meeting, please don't forget to write your goals for next week.

W/L and goals for next week:
@Absar -: build the first version of my chrome extension. learn to speak basic sentences and phrases in the language that I'm learning, practice shifting b/w different chords on my guitar
@ElDiablo -: complete and upload a new project for my portfolio section on Upwork, reach out to 3 job postings where I know my skills can help out the client, set a competitive offer in a niche related to my skills on Fiverr
@Inventor001 W: 5 practice tests
@lifemaker L: daily revision of science materials, daily practice of transactional writing, daily practice of my maths skills, daily minor revision for other subjects
@Lucy Lee W: join AI conference
@Maria 777 W: research and learn from job portal coding videos, coding files and real sites, 30 min a day
@NervesOfSteel W: 1. Restrict myself to only 2 hrs a day to my main business. 2. work harder and find more intuitive ways to improve my English speaking, practice 15 mins x twice daily. 3. Rough sketch of floor plan for new manufacturing unit. 4. Get the land deal done by Wednesday.
@Richard Peck W: Dennis App, J2UK single cards live + start on auth, Christoph site build
@Subsonic L: 1. Have the presentation ready to present and do at least one practice run. 2. 30 Pages of Geo a day. 3. Get to lesson 30 and do 100 New words Thai
@szalek W: 3 follow ups to important people (2 potential clients for my business , 1 one person who can give me another job), complete recruitments for work, prepare automation for next week (post, cold emails, ads)
@The Racing Driver L: deep work sessions every day (at least 2.5 hours/day), to work on implementing new features and increase traffic to directory website
@The-J W: figure out a way to address (1) low call rate and (2) high no-show rate (100%), 3 new videos for cold traffic, figure out a way to use my automated reports as part of the testing loop to improve ad performance on both my accounts and client accounts

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 9, 2023
@Maria 777 oops sorry for the delay!

My goals for next week:
- Build the first version of my chrome extension.

I have some additional goals which are somewhat irrelevant to the forum but I'll write them here anyway:

- Learn to speak basic sentences and phrases in the language that I'm learning.

- Practice shifting b/w different chords on my guitar.

Thanks

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hi, guys,
if you couldn't attend the meeting, please don't forget to write your goals for next week.

W/L and goals for next week:
@Absar -:
@ElDiablo -: complete and upload a new project for my portfolio section on Upwork, reach out to 3 job postings where I know my skills can help out the client, set a competitive offer in a niche related to my skills on Fiverr
@lifemaker L:
@Lucy Lee W: join AI conference
@Maria 777 W: research and learn from job portal coding videos, coding files and real sites, 30 min a day
@NervesOfSteel W: 1. Restrict myself to only 2 hrs a day to my main business. 2. work harder and find more intuitive ways to improve my English speaking, practice 15 mins x twice daily. 3. Rough sketch of floor plan for new manufacturing unit. 4. Get the land deal done by Wednesday. 5. Meet new possible business partner and figure out the ins and outs of the possible new venture!
@Richard Peck W: Dennis App, J2UK single cards live + start on auth, Christoph site build
@szalek W: 3 follow ups to important people (2 potential clients for my business , 1 one person who can give me another job), complete recruitments for work, prepare automation for next week (post, cold emails, ads)
@The-J W: figure out a way to address (1) low call rate and (2) high no-show rate (100%), 3 new videos for cold traffic, figure out a way to use my automated reports as part of the testing loop to improve ad performance on both my accounts and client accounts
Hey, thanks a lot for stepping up this week.

I was stuck finishing a presentation for the last few hours because I needed to send in the outline today.

Since I couldn't attend, give me a L

Goals for the next week:
1. Have the presentation ready to present and do at least one practice run.
2. 30 Pages of Geo a day
3. Get to lesson 30 and do 100 New words Thai

4. Since I messed up this week, I'll make sure to do/bring something amazing next call to more than make up for it.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Aug 26, 2023
Hey, thanks a lot for stepping up this week.

I was stuck finishing a presentation for the last few hours because I needed to send in the outline today.

Since I couldn't attend, give me a L

Goals for the next week:
1. Have the presentation ready to present and do at least one practice run.
2. 30 Pages of Geo a day
3. Get to lesson 30 and do 100 New words Thai

4. Since I messed up this week, I'll make sure to do/bring something amazing next call to more than make up for it.

Everyone on the call was wondering if you got lost in a forest/Jungle while riding your bike way too fast ...?

When do we get to see your La Macerana video ?

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Hey guys, sorry I couldn't make the call last Saturday but I plan to be on the next call. Here's how last week went and my plans for the coming week.

W or L for the week?

Had a L, but the week felt like a W.

L: I aimed to make a sale, spoke to several people but didn’t close anyone.
W: Got some great advice from several people, including from @Subsonic and @LightHouse. Realised it might not be the best idea to prematurely sell something, when I can put some effort into developing my site to make it far bigger, better and more valuable for the end user.

What WILL get done this coming week?

- Deep Work sessions every day (at least 2.5 hours/day), to work on implementing new features and increase traffic to directory website.

Since my to-do list is massive, I won't bore you with details. Hence my goal is to work on my site every day. With web development, 2 hours fixing bugs can fly by like nothing and you feel like you’ve got nothing done, whereas sometimes you find a solution in 10 mins and can move on to the next step.

lifemaker

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 26, 2023
@lifemaker @Absar please write your goals for next week, i will edit the post to put them there
Sorry for the delay. My tasks for this week are:
• daily revision of science materials
• daily practice of transactional writing
• daily practice of my maths skills
• daily minor revision for other subjects

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Aug 26, 2023
@NervesOfSteel W: 1. Restrict myself to only 2 hrs a day to my main business. 2. work harder and find more intuitive ways to improve my English speaking, practice 15 mins x twice daily. 3. Rough sketch of floor plan for new manufacturing unit. 4. Get the land deal done by Wednesday. 5. Meet new possible business partner and figure out the ins and outs of the possible new venture!

3. Done
4. Done
5. L. The meeting was unproductive and a total disaster. Later tonight I Realized that it's supposed to be a long term goal and currently I have new responsibilities in short run. So I am ditching 5.

Maria 777

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 4, 2022
3. Done
4. Done
5. L. The meeting was unproductive and a total disaster. Later tonight I Realized that it's supposed to be a long term goal and currently I have new responsibilities in short run. So I am ditching 5.
I think you did meet with someone, you tried and it didn't work out.
If you made the decision to ditch 5. it's OK because you can do business without a partner, if you decide to go to new meetings later it's OK too. I'll erase "5. Meet new possible business partner and figure out the ins and outs of the possible new venture!"
It's great that you accomplished goals 3. and 4. Congratulations!

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Fastlane Call
Saturday, 1 June · 7:30 – 8:30pm
Time zone: Europe/Berlin
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/syf-xjdv-yge

Here is the next call. Looking forward to see yall again.

Richard Peck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
449%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
This week (small W): -

1. Dennis app (contingent on #2)
2. J2UK single cards live (didn't do much on this because was helping sort out VAT sheet)
3. Christoph site build (significant progress made)

Other things I did: -
  • Ross mobile filter
  • J2UK VAT
  • Mark fix
  • Francisco fix

Next week: -

1. Dennis app
2. J2UK single cards live
3. Christoph site build

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Aug 26, 2023
My Update:

1. Restrict myself to only 2 hrs a day to my main business. 2. work harder and find more intuitive ways to improve my English speaking, practice 15 mins x twice daily. 3. Rough sketch of floor plan for new manufacturing unit. 4. Get the land deal done by Wednesday.

1. L .. because I am still limited at 3 hrs or less daily

2. L .. its almost 50 degree Celsius here .. working as hard as possible and still following old techniques for improvement .. best part I never stopped ..

3.done

4. Done

New Targets :

5. New product under development. Initial plan done. First prototype done.

6. Focus on a system that gets sales done with negligible involvement!

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
@ElDiablo W: test two offers
@Inventor001 L: 3 practice tests
@Maria 777 W: improve my financial knowledge 1h a day, research for a new business 1h day
@lifemaker W: "post"
@NervesOfSteel : "post"
@szalek W: resting for the week
@The-J W: launch a new lead magnet for ads to further increase call rate, 3 ad videos, roll out automated ad review to all clients. and one last thing: i will do 3 cardio sessions this week, because I've been slacking on cardio
@Subsonic L: Get to lesson 30 for thai, get through the geography book, 3 bio presentations, edit the podcasts
@The Racing Driver W: study 4h a day for the upcoming pilot test and do one listing a day

Had a little fewer people on here this week, but the call was helpful nonetheless.

Richard Peck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
449%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
@Subsonic Excellent call - thank you for the time and insights!!

Something I wanted to mention but ran out of time (regarding expectations) -- when I was 19, I was making about 3 ~ 4 affiliate sales per day. This was consistent for about 4 months. I saw a friend in the pub and told him "I deserve it", wherein I felt a bad feeling. I can't explain the feeling except to say it felt like a "click" in my bones. For the next week, I didn't get a single sale. It was only after sitting there and saying out loud "nobody deserves anything, you must earn everything" that sales returned. It was a very strange experience and is why I continue to push no matter what.

--

@lifemaker Don't worry too much about your GCSE's. Angela Rayner passed 0 and she's on course to be deputy prime minister. The big ones are your A levels, as they determine where you go to university. England doesn't work on formal education in the same way that continential Europe does.

When you get into the real world, you will find that backhand deals, familial wealth, old school tie, luck, connections and favours play much more of a role than formal education. The majority of people out there haven't got a clue about anything. In England, particularly, you need to learn the art of becoming wily; out-hustle others to get into a significantly more defensible position and then decimate others to enhance your standing. It's partly why some refer to the UK as "old fox".

Here are my GCSE grades. I know they do numbers now but you should get an idea of it. My opinion is the best people are not those who study the hardest but who get good grades without studying at all. I studied for mathematics and history, otherwise I winged it. Should have done more with French but, as discussed, f*cked up the oral exam. I was also highly unmotivated to continue with school as I discovered business and decided to commit myself to it instead.

1717267773020.png

Last edited:

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Aug 26, 2023
@Maria 777 W: improve my financial knowledge 1h a day, research for a new business 1h day
@The-J W: launch a new lead magnet for ads to further increase call rate, 3 ad videos, roll out automated ad review to all clients. and one last thing: i will do 3 cardio sessions this week, because I've been slacking on cardio
@Subsonic L: Get to lesson 30 for thai, get through the geography book, 3 bio presentations, edit the podcasts
@The Racing Driver W: study 4h a day for the upcoming pilot test and do one listing a day

Had a little fewer people on here this week, but the call was helpful nonetheless.

It was a loss on my side for not being able to attend the meeting!

The timing of the call is very challenging for me as it's from 11pm till midnight as per my timeline.

Today I was busy with a dinner meeting with another manufacturer and I couldn't make it!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

7W, 3L ...... we are shooting for 80%+

do you guys talk to each other during the week? do you post? connect? chase each other?
help each other? challenge each other?
that is the point of the group!

get people to show up. get them believing in each other. get them supporting each other.
then getting them to hold each other accountable.

i'll look for the three 100 pushup videos. let's go. L's = we get smarter or we get stronger.

once we get 8+ people winning each week on a consistent basis, then we'll have the goals / stretch goals talk.
go WIN this week!!!

Nostalgia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 21, 2023
@Subsonic Excellent call - thank you for the time and insights!!

Something I wanted to mention but ran out of time (regarding expectations) -- when I was 19, I was making about 3 ~ 4 affiliate sales per day. This was consistent for about 4 months. I saw a friend in the pub and told him "I deserve it", wherein I felt a bad feeling. I can't explain the feeling except to say it felt like a "click" in my bones. For the next week, I didn't get a single sale. It was only after sitting there and saying out loud "nobody deserves anything, you must earn everything" that sales returned. It was a very strange experience and is why I continue to push no matter what.

--

@lifemaker Don't worry too much about your GCSE's. Angela Rayner passed 0 and she's on course to be deputy prime minister. The big ones are your A levels, as they determine where you go to university. England doesn't work on formal education in the same way that continential Europe does.

When you get into the real world, you will find that backhand deals, familial wealth, old school tie, luck, connections and favours play much more of a role than formal education. The majority of people out there haven't got a clue about anything. In England, particularly, you need to learn the art of becoming wily; out-hustle others to get into a significantly more defensible position and then decimate others to enhance your standing. It's partly why some refer to the UK as "old fox".

Here are my GCSE grades. I know they do numbers now but you should get an idea of it. My opinion is the best people are not those who study the hardest but who get good grades without studying at all. I studied for mathematics and history, otherwise I winged it. Should have done more with French but, as discussed, f*cked up the oral exam. I was also highly unmotivated to continue with school as I discovered business and decided to commit myself to it instead.

View attachment 56227
What advice would you give to someone that is currently in the midst of their AS/A levels but wants to pick up on some of the skills that you mention that will be beneficial in the real world. Right now it feels like education is a really big part of my life, and other than fitness, it doesn't seem like I have much else going on.

I study and work really hard for my grades, but I don't want to be the type of person who only has good grades.

Richard Peck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
449%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
What advice would you give to someone that is currently in the midst of their AS/A levels but wants to pick up on some of the skills that you mention that will be beneficial in the real world. Right now it feels like education is a really big part of my life, and other than fitness, it doesn't seem like I have much else going on.

I study and work really hard for my grades, but I don't want to be the type of person who only has good grades.

I can't really give advice. I made up my own mind to pursue a path in business, which necessitates selling a product in order to survive. What you do will depend on the path you wish to pursue. I think the key factor is having the confidence to do things counter to the mainstream, as that's where the big opportunities tend to lie.

If you accept that most people are not smart and they want what is predominantly in their best interest, you will see the majority of what's promoted as a "safe option" is there to line someone's pockets. Get into the workforce and start earning. Build your own sources of income with the intent of turning whatever you end up doing into a "Fastlane" business (productocracy). Some will be best doing that through formal education; some will be best doing it on their own.

Ultimately, the goal is the same - get rich so you don't need to take orders for the next 50 years of your life. The only person who can help you do that is yourself. Nobody on this forum or in real life can expedite the process on your behalf.

If you want to learn "how" to earn money yourself, you essentially need to focus on doing whatever you can to get it. Start small - do small jobs, flip random things on eBay or in the local neighbourhood, clean windows (@Subsonic), mow lawns, be a dogsbody for a local business.

You'll earn piecemeal by doing this, but it will expose you to ideas, people & opportunities you did not know existed. From there, you can start to take some of the money you earn and use it to create systems that can be sold without requiring your input. If you do that enough, you'll eventually find something that has monumental potential and you'll invest yourself into realising its creation.

That's pretty much how the process works. As with most things, how much energy you are willing to invest will determine your results. That's entirely on you.

Absar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 9, 2023
sorry guys I was busy and forgot about the call, and my accountability post completely

the progress so far -
- Building the chrome extension [L] - I realized that I'll have to learn a little Typescript and Vite, so spent the week doing that.
- 2. [W]
- 3. [W]

goals for this week:
- Build a basic extension to learn how to properly build one
- Code the frontend of my extension
- Figure out how I'm going to do the backend
- Study Trigonometry for 5hours this week
- Practice my guitar an hour a day

Thanks.

Last edited:

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Fastlane Call
Saturday, 8 June · 7:30 – 8:30pm
Time zone: Europe/Berlin
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/ogx-nqjr-hsv

Next call is here. Hopefully we have lots of great news this week !

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
celebrate successes today.
attack L's and find the 'root cause'. then put SPECIFICS in place to get around them this coming week.
be amazing.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
@ElDiablo W: improve offer,
@lifemaker L: study for exams. Why am I here ?
@szalek W: social media posts, catch up with exams
@The-J W: submit US tax forms, implement the following automations (client onboarding, [ongoing] market research, [ongoing] customer feedback), 3 ad videos (script, film, edit), 3 cardio sessions
@Subsonic L: request license for Goat, at least 6 Practice Presentations, do 3 practice tests for Geography, 2 Thai lessons a day
@Lucy Lee W: summarise conference, get AI agent draft

We had some harsher but amazing feedback coming from @The-J today and also saw him set an amazing example for how to set and accomplish goals.

Richard Peck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
449%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
@Subsonic Amazing call once again!

I will briefly answer the question you asked "do you like what you're doing?", as I find it easier to explain things in writing.

I don't like what I'm doing as regards specific projects. They pay decently and are a way for me to accrue capital / money that I can put into the business. My intention, after having the domain paid for, is to get to a point where I can start pitching for higher value projects whilst pushing the company to get highly risky products out the door.

Whilst I have other opportunities to make money, I believe building a business necessitates the creation of "equity" which takes times, effort and capital to do. You cannot do this through employment. Here is an example of a recruiter email I received the other day as to the type of work that I could get in that regard: -

bggg.png

The stuff I would really want to do is work with models to make highly valuable software products which can be distributed at premium prices. To do that, I've been building a network, reputation etc to make it work. That is not enjoyable nor is it fast. It is necessary, however, and is one of the reasons why many people fail to build anything of substance. In my head, I'm competing with the likes of Tobi of Shopify or Larry Ellison.

On top of this, you have to take time to think about "what" you actually want to do. The majority of work is boring and most people would avoid it if they could. I am intensely passionate about building a billion dollar company and have been pushing toward that end for 15 years. I registered my business in 2009.

Thus, when it comes to whether I enjoy doing something - I think the question really comes down to "what" you want to be pursuing, and then setting up an environment / reward framework to facilitate it. In my case, I've been doing freelance software work to get the software stuff under my belt, as well as get an environment conducive to the creation & distribution of amazing products.

You could argue a similar precedent with the likes of high level artists. Michelangelo was hired by Julian II to do a number of projects - notably the Sistine Chapel ceiling. The one that almost killed him was his tomb, which took over 20 years to complete. Michelangelo hated it.

The way around this, in my view, is to identify an underlying "thing" you can become intensely passionate about and focus on that. The project then becomes a mechanism of achieving said thing. For me, the next thing I am focused on (after domain) is to get a new WYSIWYG framework/engine developed. This will hopefully open the door (as a business) to a new paradigm of graphical experience, around which I can start building extremely high level products.

Anything I do needs to get me to that ultimate goal. It does not necessarily mean that it has to be enjoyable. On the contrary, it's often better for it not to be - as then you know not many people are trying to do it.

Hopefully that provides further insight for you!

Richard Peck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
449%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Single cards v2 alpha now live!!: -

2,200+ lines of JS, which doesn't sound like much but it was: -

cards.jpg

Ruby backend (Sinatra + ActiveRecord): -

1718138089173.png

Still have to add some extra filters but this is a great milestone and a massive W for the week so far. Next goal is to get order system backend sorted, then auth, then done.

Want to work with Maison Close | Site officiel - Lingerie haut de gamme.

ElDiablo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 17, 2021

View attachment 56379

View attachment 56380

Still have to add some extra filters but this is a great milestone and a massive W for the week so far. Next goal is to get order system backend sorted, then auth, then done.

It's so fortunate and inspiring to have you as a frequent member of the accountability group, @Richard Peck
It looks like it's just a matter of time for you to take your business to the next level and reach true "Fastlane.”

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

View attachment 56379

View attachment 56380

I love how organized you are with your code!

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany