The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WEBSITE IS UP, TIME TO GRIND.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
Would adding steroid reviews destroy my business? I can get a few people to write about their experience
Ask yourself instead, who's your target market and would they need/want this?

There's a huge stigma related to steroids. So if your site is for just regular joes starting out lifting then just mentioning steroids wouldn't benefit you one bit.

I have actually thought about starting a site about steroids alone, for guys who have a few years of lifting under their belt. Give reviews, give cuttin/bulkin stacks and what to expect, how to inject, safety advice, pct etc. Every little bit of info there is about them. There definitely is a need since there's only a couple of forums available on that info and people tend to give contradicting advice there.

Monetizaton could be selling "special" cycle routines and supplements (obviously not steroids themselves or you'd be shut down real quick). Could also possibly make it a subscription model.

I'd actually do this since I think there's money in it and a real need, but I'm too invested in my current things, so I'm throwing this idea out there.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Ask yourself instead, who's your target market and would they need/want this?

There's a huge stigma related to steroids. So if your site is for just regular joes starting out lifting then just mentioning steroids wouldn't benefit you one bit.

I have actually thought about starting a site about steroids alone, for guys who have a few years of lifting under their belt. Give reviews, give cuttin/bulkin stacks and what to expect, how to inject, safety advice, pct etc. Every little bit of info there is about them. There definitely is a need since there's only a couple of forums available on that info and people tend to give contradicting advice there.

Monetizaton could be selling "special" cycle routines and supplements (obviously not steroids themselves or you'd be shut down real quick). Could also possibly make it a subscription model.

I'd actually do this since I think there's money in it and a real need, but I'm too invested in my current things, so I'm throwing this idea out there.
Very true. Iv decided my site will be for the regular joe and i want to promote natural fitness

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
My first product is up in the store, let me know what you think of the design. I was going for a simple, clean professional look
c40a9ab41f5da66988b4e57696e240d0.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CKoski90

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 17, 2012
Sites looking good! Are your products that you are creating going to be programs? Also what are you plans as far as generating traffic?

Edit: just saw your product in the store

Looks awesome so far! From an outside perspective, it might be helpful to list what is actually included. Is it an eBook? A set of emails? Are there any videos? Ect.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Sites looking good! Are your products that you are creating going to be programs? Also what are you plans as far as generating traffic?

Edit: just saw your product in the store

Looks awesome so far! From an outside perspective, it might be helpful to list what is actually included. Is it an eBook? A set of emails? Are there any videos? Ect.
As far as generating traffic, i havent even thought about it. Been so caught up in the design. Any tips? Books i can study on this?

dotyy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jul 14, 2012
Do you have a video camera and a laptop? Add in a YouTube channel, and you'll have a nice little package. Look at SixPackShortcuts. He uses his YouTube to advertise his programs, and his channel is HUGE! Not only would you make money off the content on YouTube (He has 2.8 mil subscribers) but then you have an advertising channel.

Now this is a fine line because you don't want to seem scammy. A few ideas I would start with is maybe create a bodybuilding myths video where you teach the audience what's correct. Maybe then you do "How to get perfect form for xxx" with all the main overwhelming exercises like bench, squats, dead lift.

Sorry, this is all just a stream of conscience and it's early. Half way into my first cup of coffee ;) Hope I can help! Get it!

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
just saw your product

needs better copy

i personally dont like the website so far

fitness is a very vain pursuit

needs more pictures of ripped people, preferably with hot chicks

stop trying to be a jack of all trades

let someone make a bomb website

let someone do advertising (AM)

focus on making the best possible quality product

if you put out shit, youll die very quickly

YouTube channel recording bits & pieces of your workouts are cool but you need good camera/editing & thats quite expensive

Facebook advertising is the way to go on this

As well as POF maybe? who knows

EDIT: WHY ARE YOU NOT HARASSING TO COLLECT EMAIL ADDRESSES?? UGH LOL

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
just saw your product

needs better copy

i personally dont like the website so far

fitness is a very vain pursuit

needs more pictures of ripped people, preferably with hot chicks

stop trying to be a jack of all trades

let someone make a bomb website

let someone do advertising (AM)

focus on making the best possible quality product

if you put out shit, youll die very quickly

YouTube channel recording bits & pieces of your workouts are cool but you need good camera/editing & thats quite expensive

Facebook advertising is the way to go on this

As well as POF maybe? who knows

EDIT: WHY ARE YOU NOT HARASSING TO COLLECT EMAIL ADDRESSES?? UGH LOL
The tough thing is designing myself, i have no money to invest at this point.

What is the point of email addresses? To send out emails on new products etc?

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
The tough thing is designing myself, i have no money to invest at this point.

What is the point of email addresses? To send out emails on new products etc?

you have no money to invest in your business?

credit cards?
job?
pre-sales?
investors?
partners?

there is no shortage of money in the world, why dont you have money to invest in your business that could potentially feed you and your family?

yes email addresses are king

start picking them up, start sending 1 good tip a week and a link to your products :)

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
you have no money to invest in your business?

credit cards?
job?
pre-sales?
investors?
partners?

there is no shortage of money in the world, why dont you have money to invest in your business that could potentially feed you and your family?

yes email addresses are king

start picking them up, start sending 1 good tip a week and a link to your products :)
Very true

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
no

samdee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Aug 3, 2014
my website is up and running http://btdfitness.com

at the moment i provide free customized training and diet routines because i enjoy making them.

Have 3 products I am currently producing for my store, they will all be tailored to specific customers

will start looking into affiliate marketing, but will only promote what i think is a good product. honesty will be kept as a core value in my business
Look at victor pride's boldanddetermined.com , there's a lot of things that would inspire you there, not just articles but the features of the site as well.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Look at victor pride's boldanddetermined.com , there's a lot of things that would inspire you there, not just articles but the features of the site as well.
I have a question. My niche is losing fat, does that mean i shouldnt creat articles on other niches or can i do both? By other niches i mean building muscle etc. All related to body transformation

S&P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 11, 2013
Nope. Just an example of someone doing quite well in the transformation space. His online business platform and model is worth replicating.

Yes I know all about the fitness world and fake naturals etc.

Doesn't take away from the fact that that website is a good model to replicate, test and scale.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Nope. Just an example of someone doing quite well in the transformation space. His online business platform and model is worth replicating.

Yes I know all about the fitness world and fake naturals etc.

Doesn't take away from the fact that that website is a good model to replicate, test and scale.
No doubt. Also can you tell me if my prices are right? http://btdfitness.com/store

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
all these example sites are well and good but NONE of them have ANY traffic... garbage traffic.....

Alveko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 18, 2014
I can't comment on what the real value of your product is , but at least make it $9.99/16.99 or $9.97/16.97 to change their perspective about it so it seems cheaper when it actually isn't

Last edited:

Alex Bergvall

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 5, 2013
I just read through because i grabbed the book today (btw. i love it)
First of all - i´m from good ol Germany - so i might have some vocabulary or grammar problems.

@borntodominate
I think you did great with your first step getting the page online and choosing to walk the path of entrepreneurship.

One thing:
Your prices are to low. Really.

9,99$ for a customized diet plan or training routine is just insane.

I mean, i just can talk from my own experience, sitting around for hours and figuring stuff out...
I prefer to pay somebody else to do this for me. (specially the diet things... there so much food related stuff going on)

Knowing about the work/time it takes to make a customized plan, i´m willing to pay for it.
And that´s the thing coming to my mind when i visited your page. "What do i get for 10$? Am i allowed to expect anything for that price?"

Obviously you got great results from your hard work, as i can see at your picture - how long did it take you to get there? 1 minute? 1 hour? I guess no. So why you´re asking a 1 minute price for your product?

Your not selling damn diet plans man, you´re selling a dream!
The dream of getting a sixpack... walking around, showing it on the beach and finally get laid or whatever.

You´re the sixpack muscle maker, man! You´re the one helping people to loose fat and gain some muscles.
And with choosing to make yourself the frontman of your own business you´re also able to get them people a serious bunch of motivation, inspiration and ideas about a whole lifestyle. On top of this you proof that you´re the man because you already have them abs and you did that all on your own.

The next thing you´re gaining are no muscles but prices in your store... Make them say, "IT`S OK I´M BULKING!"
Remember - you´re offering a customized product, not just a plan from your drawer. And then make sure you deliver.

Maybe you can use this as a source of inspiration. http://www.marcfitt.com

For your interest: 10 week transformation programms sell at around 300$ - here in Germany.

Ah and forget about things like, "there´s too much white on my page here... and too much black over there"
I mean come on... do you want to sell stuff or do you want to win a price for best design?
I guess you want to sell stuff, so concentrate on selling.

I hope this will help you and i wish you all the best, for you and your business.

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Is my pricing right?

Increase or decrease?

My niche is losing fat, does that mean i shouldnt creat articles on other niches or can i do both?

Also can you tell me if my prices are right?

Man, you've got to stop expecting others to guide you through every step of business. This is YOUR business. YOU need to be making these decisions, not aimlessly entrust them to members of the forum.

This forum can bring invaluable guidance but don't expect it to come directly at every step along the way. Read the Gold threads. Find posts from those who are successful.

Own your decisions. Learn from your mistakes. Grow.

Hope it goes well for you!

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
I just read through because i grabbed the book today (btw. i love it)
First of all - i´m from good ol Germany - so i might have some vocabulary or grammar problems.

@borntodominate
I think you did great with your first step getting the page online and choosing to walk the path of entrepreneurship.

One thing:
Your prices are to low. Really.

9,99$ for a customized diet plan or training routine is just insane.

I mean, i just can talk from my own experience, sitting around for hours and figuring stuff out...
I prefer to pay somebody else to do this for me. (specially the diet things... there so much food related stuff going on)

Knowing about the work/time it takes to make a customized plan, i´m willing to pay for it.
And that´s the thing coming to my mind when i visited your page. "What do i get for 10$? Am i allowed to expect anything for that price?"

Obviously you got great results from your hard work, as i can see at your picture - how long did it take you to get there? 1 minute? 1 hour? I guess no. So why you´re asking a 1 minute price for your product?

Your not selling damn diet plans man, you´re selling a dream!
The dream of getting a sixpack... walking around, showing it on the beach and finally get laid or whatever.

You´re the sixpack muscle maker, man! You´re the one helping people to loose fat and gain some muscles.
And with choosing to make yourself the frontman of your own business you´re also able to get them people a serious bunch of motivation, inspiration and ideas about a whole lifestyle. On top of this you proof that you´re the man because you already have them abs and you did that all on your own.

The next thing you´re gaining are no muscles but prices in your store... Make them say, "IT`S OK I´M BULKING!"
Remember - you´re offering a customized product, not just a plan from your drawer. And then make sure you deliver.

Maybe you can use this as a source of inspiration. http://www.marcfitt.com

For your interest: 10 week transformation programms sell at around 300$ - here in Germany.

Ah and forget about things like, "there´s too much white on my page here... and too much black over there"
I mean come on... do you want to sell stuff or do you want to win a price for best design?
I guess you want to sell stuff, so concentrate on selling.

I hope this will help you and i wish you all the best, for you and your business.
Forgive me if im wrong but did you purchase my book? Since i had my first sale few hours ago

Last edited:

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Iv decided to go against the grain and remove the email harvesting pop ups etc. I think they are terrible. Its like getting a number from a girl. You dont go straight in and tell her you want to F*ck give me your number. You first need to display some value so she gets interested. Tease her a little, make her want you.

Now apply that to emails, why would they give me their email when i havent displayed any value? I think there is a flaw in this type of marketing

So i have a simple subscribe button no pop ups. So now my goal is to make people want my products, want to subscribe, want my advice, want a body like mine

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.