• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Website Feedback - Dog Related

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by Deangiroir, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,887
    If we all bought fashion based on how much it is actually worth, then nobody would ever pay more than $5 for a T-Shirt. However that is not how it works at all.

I used to have a fun little 'job' buying Louis Vuitton for rich Chinese people in Hong Kong (I was in London).

You know why I had that job? Because LV actively turn custom away.

Try going into an LV shop looking like a scruffy nobody, they will restrict what they sell to you. In other words; our brand is way too good for you sir.

When you pay $500 for a T-shirt, you are not doing so because you believe it has amazing quality, you are doing so because you are sold on the brand, and everything it is trying to convey to you.

Like I said, I think you can sell them for $100, however your story has to be on point, and you need a logo.

If you haven't already done so, if I were you I would give @Xeon's post a good old read.

2. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Whatever it takes Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,272
    I'd be curious to know more about shipping times, shipping policy, a little bit about the company. People are always a bit skeptical when they're not sure of this stuff.

I noticed some stuff in each product about your 100% satisfaction, 4 reasons - maybe this would be better on homepage as I didn't feel like clicking on a product without knowing that.

Would also be good to see some social proof - even once you get your first sale, mark that as your "best seller"

Shinebabe, Xeon and Deangiroir like this.
  3. Deangiroir

Deangiroir Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $283
    Great point. My brand is pretty non existent at this point.

Very interesting about LV restricting what they sell to certain individuals. @Xeon's post is awesome. Very good advice. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the insight! I'm gonna add those "4 Reasons" to the homepage.

Roli likes this.
  4. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,677
    I read every post. The good ones I reread. A very few I return to and reread several times.

As for @Xeon post? THAT one is printed out and taped on my wall. I look at it every day!

I endlessly admire that brilliant post. I wonder much more how does someone get to that level of thinking?

Print that baby out. You can go years before finding something that good!

Shinebabe, Xeon, Roli and 1 other person like this.
  5. Deangiroir

Rep Bank:
    $283
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Xeon likes this.
  6. chuckypita

chuckypita Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $428
    Is design your only opportunity for differentiation?

I've bought plenty of $25 t-shirts - and the reasons are more because of the "fit" than the funny slogan or witty drawing.

Also, I don't like polyester... it's itchy and I find it uncomfortable.

What are other ways your can differentiate your product?

Shinebabe, Roli and Deangiroir like this.
  7. Deangiroir

Rep Bank:
    $283
    I have to agree on "fit" over design. I feel some of my current designs would look much better on a better quality, better fitting shirt.

Polyester hasn't gotten much love in this thread. :playful: I think many people will find a percentage of polyester in a lot of clothing already in their closets. 50% cotton 50% polyester t-shirts are pretty popular these days. But I digress...

I've been thinking of integrating matching human/dog t-shirts. That could differentiate my brand :bulb:

Roli likes this.
  8. Primeperiwinkle

Primeperiwinkle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,275
    Am I the only one on here who is sitting back gobsmacked by the missing dog story?!? I don’t even like dog shirts and I wanna know where we’re all gonna go to look for Rusty next! Somebody get Xeon to tell more stories!!

9. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,677
    MY feelings exactly!

Xeon, Deangiroir and Primeperiwinkle like this.
  10. Primeperiwinkle

Primeperiwinkle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,275
    Yasssss!!! I’m not alone!! I have just bonded with you over a story about a company that doesn’t exist that chases a a dog that doesn’t exist! Lmfao.

Now all we need is a dude named Rusty to sit at our feet while we discuss the Goggins book! #priceless

11. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,157
    Day 46 cracked me the hell UP!!! :rofl::rofl:

12. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $386,703
    Admin Post
    So glad to see that this post was genuine and not a backlink/SEO scheme.

A lot of folks post here to say "Hey, whatdya think?"

But they're not looking for feedback, they're looking for SEO/link juice.

@Deangiroir thanks for being genuine.

Thread marked NOTABLE, some great feedback here in a saturated, low entry business.

13. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,887
    Yes! I really think you should look into this further. I don't know if you're already a member of pet/animal/dog lover forums, if not sign up and start lurking/contributing, and try to pick up on if this is a good way to go.

When you're ready, you'll have a good audience to test your first products on.

Also check Google trends and get some of the free Amazon tools that allow you to track sales of doggy clothes.

My instinct is that whippets are the most popular to clothe, because they're so small and skinny, and have ultra short hair. I see a lot of whippets around my way with winter coats and jackets, some even with little doggie booties! :)

Keep going, I think with the right tweaking this could turn into a nice little business. Just make sure your brand is strong and stands out.

Shinebabe, Deangiroir and Xeon like this.
  14. GSF

GSF Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,711
    just wanted to say....this post is great. @Xeon not sure if you're a copywriter/ marketing pro, but if you are and I ever need one im coming to you lol

15. Deangiroir

Rep Bank:
    $283
    Thank you for providing a forum where I'm able to get real, honest feedback.:praise: I've learned a lot. Time to implement! :bicep:

Thanks @Roli! I've got a lot of work ahead but this forum has set a much needed path forward.

Shinebabe, Xeon, Roli and 2 others like this.
  16. B. Cole

B. Cole In thine hand is power and might. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $934
    I didn’t catch all of the replies in this, but my take when I clicked on your link -

Name is awkward and generic, it could be a furniture or department store name.

T-shirt plus dogs - “T-Pup” ? Blah, something simple like that.

Logo needs some work - font is very dated, the dog symbol apostrophe is dated and doesn’t fit well in the logo.

Good luck man, look forward to seeing it grow.

Xeon likes this.
  17. Real Deal Denver

Rep Bank:
    $8,677
    Good advice @B. Cole - of course. I always like your posts.

After all the great advice here, I was sure the site would be much better.

It has been enhanced. Still tastes like a 4-hour old glass of warm beer though. Yes, it's beer, but there's something very wrong with it. This is a great example of how NOT to make a website. Dull. Painful. Not even interesting. I hate to think there are people with no imagination out there walking among us. Yet you never know who they are though because they look and act like everyone else.

Xeon likes this.
  18. Janeter1nADrum

Janeter1nADrum New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $12
    I'm an animal lover, but frankly, I can't imagine myself wearing 99% of your designs. Clever words and animal images that make me go, "aah" - that's what grabs me. Also, you don't offer a tee of my dog's breed.

My advice - get inside the mind of a dog lover. What is our relationship with our pets? Why would we choose to wear a dog tee when so many other choices are available?

When I first read your post, I thought that you were making tees for dogs to wear. Maybe not such a bad idea.

Xeon likes this.
  19. chuckypita

chuckypita Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $428
    I did "Amazon Merch" for a few years - I made over $25,000 and then Amazon kicked me - and thousands of other t-shirt designers off. It was a feast or famine environment and once Vietnamese designers starting copying best seller designs and then using Amazon copyright complaints against original designers - it was all over. (Amazon didn't have proper channels of control in place and figured - what the hell - there's tons of designers, I'll just kick all these crackpots off and get new designers) (This goes back to CONTROL that MJ talks about.)

While in that competitive industry, dog designs sold well - as did t-shirts designed around holidays and days of year.

Your website is good... but not great. (Can you speed up the sales funnel somehow?)

Your t-shirt designs are good... but not great. When you find a t-shirt that sells 3 to 1 or even 10 to 1 vs. others - take a strong mental inventory. What specifically is it about that design that makes it so appealing?

Keep perfecting your craft. If you can build a large email network and showcase great designs continuously, there's no question that you can build a valid business.

Return customers will be your key to success.

Also, be sure to use uspto.gov to check on trademarks/copyrights.

All it will take is one t-shirt that infringes on someone's trademark and you put your whole website at risk.

Anyway - BEST OF SUCCESS TO YOU!

Real Deal Denver, Xeon and Bekit like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.