The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Website Design Co VS Selling Fitness advice

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Right now im at a crossroad. - I have experience in BOTH, website design for the past 6-7 years and an extensive knowledge in fitness / nutrition for the past 15 years. I want to concentrate on ONE THING for now and grow it, then go on the next project down the line. But for now only focus on one thing. Currently i am an athome website developer / seo guy for a company making only 25 an hour. - I also have my own "company" with 0 clients currently (had 3 lost 3)...Now onto fitness, i love fitness its my "passion" more than website development is. But as we all know its over saturated, well so is website development but people still make it work and get clients. - Im at a loss on which road to go, website development or fitness advice/blog/e-courses/e-books...etc.

Given when I said so far what direction would you take a why?

Thank you,
Crissco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Right now im at a crossroad. - I have experience in BOTH, website design for the past 6-7 years and an extensive knowledge in fitness / nutrition for the past 15 years. I want to concentrate on ONE THING for now and grow it, then go on the next project down the line. But for now only focus on one thing. Currently i am an athome website developer / seo guy for a company making only 25 an hour. - I also have my own "company" with 0 clients currently (had 3 lost 3)...Now onto fitness, i love fitness its my "passion" more than website development is. But as we all know its over saturated, well so is website development but people still make it work and get clients. - Im at a loss on which road to go, website development or fitness advice/blog/e-courses/e-books...etc.

Thank you,
Crissco
I think the fitness biz can blossom because of coronavirus. Help people set up home workouts and nutrition, offer accountability through online means, offer guidance either by example of corecting videos from the user. If they can doctor over a phone you ought to be able to tele-fitness.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
I think the fitness biz can blossom because of coronavirus. Help people set up home workouts and nutrition, offer accountability through online means, offer guidance either by example of corecting videos from the user. If they can doctor over a phone you ought to be able to tele-fitness.

That was one of my thoughts as well, im trying to build up my IG but seems no ones biting, i only have 21 followers haha

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York

Rather not do both at the same time man, rather focus on one thing at a time, grow up, then do the other thing, hire workers...etc...i have a problem with concentration sometimes so if im working on to many things at once it makes my head spin

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL

Thank you,
Crissco

@Sebastya said what went through my head. You could do both independently, or even better, put them together. Use the skills you have for web development and SEO and apply that to training and fitness online. There are a ton of people like myself who got cut off from our trainers and are probably looking to find a better way to stay fit at home. I think the hardest part for most people for fitness without a trainer is staying motivated. Solve that problem.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Rather not do both at the same time man, rather focus on one thing at a time, grow up, then do the other thing, hire workers...etc...i have a problem with concentration sometimes so if im working on to many things at once it makes my head spin

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
@Sebastya said what went through my head. You could do both independently, or even better, put them together. Use the skills you have for web development and SEO and apply that to training and fitness online. There are a ton of people like myself who got cut off from our trainers and are probably looking to find a better way to stay fit at home. I think the hardest part for most people for fitness without a trainer is staying motivated. Solve that problem.

That was my plan if i was going to do the fitness route, i was going to create a website, do seo, do social media, paid ads...etc....all of which i have experience in and apply it to the fitness company.

aeden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Feb 28, 2020
Melbourne, FL
That was my plan if i was going to do the fitness route, i was going to create a website, do seo, do social media, paid ads...etc....all of which i have experience in and apply it to the fitness company.

OK, do it. ;)

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Having you thought of a website business that is focused on fitness trainers? I am deeply thinking about this market right now, given that every trainer who does not have an online presence will be looking for one.

I am more of a mobile developer so if you are full-time web design I would consider that something along the line of this site Fitness Website Design & Marketing for Personal Trainers

I can relate to your challenge and I know there is no perfect answer, however, the wrong answer choice is better than no choice. If you still can't make a choice, flip a coin! There is no right decision, just a decision and then make it right.

valuecreator

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 16, 2015
Australia
as someone who did both successfully, my answer is really a no-brainer.

Sell information that people can act on.

Don't listen if anybody tells you about the competition and saturated market and blah blah blah. They just don't know how to differentiate themselves.

cheers,

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Having you thought of a website business that is focused on fitness trainers? I am deeply thinking about this market right now, given that every trainer who does not have an online presence will be looking for one.

I am more of a mobile developer so if you are full-time web design I would consider that something along the line of this site Fitness Website Design & Marketing for Personal Trainers

I can relate to your challenge and I know there is no perfect answer, however, the wrong answer choice is better than no choice. If you still can't make a choice, flip a coin! There is no right decision, just a decision and then make it right.
Yup thought of if years ago naturally. Just never went through with it because most don’t have the budget i was looking for. Sure I can change charge them $500 for a website (individual personal trainers) but I’m more of a high price high quality type of guy.

I did MJs business generator thing the other guy posted. I came out as with me doing the fitness business haha go figures right.

thank you for your answer man

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
as someone who did both successfully, my answer is really a no-brainer.

Sell information that people can act on.

Don't listen if anybody tells you about the competition and saturated market and blah blah blah. They just don't know how to differentiate themselves.

cheers,

Well that would be a blog and ebooks and courses right? Since that is information people can act on quickly for a lower price

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.