UPDATE: Sorry, I read your original post and did a quick reply, it is now obvious that you're using bootstrap!
--------------------
Are you using Bootstrap? If you are, I thought I recognized that navbar..lol! Hey man, have you thought about using Netbeans IDE with the PHP plugin? I use that or Eclipse PDT! I stopped using a straight text editor ages ago. Being able to debug and step through each line of your executing php and see the result in the browser sure beats the heck out of sprinkling echoes and print statements all over the place..lol! But yeah, those are my two recommendations for IDEs. I'm currently working on a PHP project using the Yii framework and Netbeans 7.01.
As far as your visual styling is concerned I'm focusing on a "crisp"[read:simple] but functional approach. Very minimal, but still goodlooking! I'm more worried about the page structure! I can always change the CSS and layout templates later! Besides I don't think visitors will care about visual styling after a certain point as long as the site meets their need and solves a problem. I started a little computer repair "business" (slowlane with 3 flat tires if you ask me) and I've see business owners and school admins using the "UGLIEST" software imaginable. But they did not care b/c it made their job easier and fulfilled a need! But your form looks fine...most people don't care about it as much as you do!
P.S. I'm also more of a desktop developer and I too mainly have problems with the 1st tier things (GUI/Front End/Styling)...so I totally know how you feel!
--------------------
Are you using Bootstrap? If you are, I thought I recognized that navbar..lol! Hey man, have you thought about using Netbeans IDE with the PHP plugin? I use that or Eclipse PDT! I stopped using a straight text editor ages ago. Being able to debug and step through each line of your executing php and see the result in the browser sure beats the heck out of sprinkling echoes and print statements all over the place..lol! But yeah, those are my two recommendations for IDEs. I'm currently working on a PHP project using the Yii framework and Netbeans 7.01.
As far as your visual styling is concerned I'm focusing on a "crisp"[read:simple] but functional approach. Very minimal, but still goodlooking! I'm more worried about the page structure! I can always change the CSS and layout templates later! Besides I don't think visitors will care about visual styling after a certain point as long as the site meets their need and solves a problem. I started a little computer repair "business" (slowlane with 3 flat tires if you ask me) and I've see business owners and school admins using the "UGLIEST" software imaginable. But they did not care b/c it made their job easier and fulfilled a need! But your form looks fine...most people don't care about it as much as you do!
P.S. I'm also more of a desktop developer and I too mainly have problems with the 1st tier things (GUI/Front End/Styling)...so I totally know how you feel!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
