First of all, if this thread is not in the right forum, excuse me and move to where it should be.
As I explained in the introductions forum, Im about to establish a Web Development / Architectural Visualization Studio with a partner.
He is an architect devoted to 3d visualization and will manage that dep. of the studio, I will handle the web development area.
I could really use some advice here about how to manage the employees. Let me explain:
I have been a freelance developer for some time now and my client list has expanded to a point were I can no longer manage it. I outsourced part of the work with a -very good- programmer from another city in my country, but it was really difficult to keep a schedule at distance, so I partenered with the architect to establish the studio an divide the expenses.
The problem (or doubt) I have is how I should contract the employees. Im thinking about start with only one web designer and one programmer BUT I don't have resources to keep a payroll, so I have a few ideas:
-Propose to another freelancers to work with/for me where we all get clients, I handle all the PR (Im not the best, but pretty good at it) and cash more % since Im supporting the office and everything. The one who gets the job gets as well more % than usual. There would be no employer/employee contract so there would be no wage.
Pros: I dont have to keep a payroll.
Cons: I dont really have much control over the workers and they could easily be unresponsible hurting my brand.
-Propose a minimum wage and a % of every work comes to the company. If one of them brings a client, they get a comission of that particular work.
Pros: I have more control over the employees, and I could get a bigger part of the money of each project since its clear that they work me.
Cons: I have to keep a payroll, if my clients dissapear or go elsewhere I would need to put my employee salary in the company just to keep it running.
So...the office will be completed in about 2 weeks from now. So I dont have to much time to think since my clients are already pushing to see their projects finished.
Anyone here who could give me a hand? I really need one now...
Thanks in advance!!
As I explained in the introductions forum, Im about to establish a Web Development / Architectural Visualization Studio with a partner.
He is an architect devoted to 3d visualization and will manage that dep. of the studio, I will handle the web development area.
I could really use some advice here about how to manage the employees. Let me explain:
I have been a freelance developer for some time now and my client list has expanded to a point were I can no longer manage it. I outsourced part of the work with a -very good- programmer from another city in my country, but it was really difficult to keep a schedule at distance, so I partenered with the architect to establish the studio an divide the expenses.
The problem (or doubt) I have is how I should contract the employees. Im thinking about start with only one web designer and one programmer BUT I don't have resources to keep a payroll, so I have a few ideas:
-Propose to another freelancers to work with/for me where we all get clients, I handle all the PR (Im not the best, but pretty good at it) and cash more % since Im supporting the office and everything. The one who gets the job gets as well more % than usual. There would be no employer/employee contract so there would be no wage.
Pros: I dont have to keep a payroll.
Cons: I dont really have much control over the workers and they could easily be unresponsible hurting my brand.
-Propose a minimum wage and a % of every work comes to the company. If one of them brings a client, they get a comission of that particular work.
Pros: I have more control over the employees, and I could get a bigger part of the money of each project since its clear that they work me.
Cons: I have to keep a payroll, if my clients dissapear or go elsewhere I would need to put my employee salary in the company just to keep it running.
So...the office will be completed in about 2 weeks from now. So I dont have to much time to think since my clients are already pushing to see their projects finished.
Anyone here who could give me a hand? I really need one now...
Thanks in advance!!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
