• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Web development studio Administration. Help!

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by Jorge, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Jorge

Jorge Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $227
    First of all, if this thread is not in the right forum, excuse me and move to where it should be.

As I explained in the introductions forum, Im about to establish a Web Development / Architectural Visualization Studio with a partner.

He is an architect devoted to 3d visualization and will manage that dep. of the studio, I will handle the web development area.

I could really use some advice here about how to manage the employees. Let me explain:

I have been a freelance developer for some time now and my client list has expanded to a point were I can no longer manage it. I outsourced part of the work with a -very good- programmer from another city in my country, but it was really difficult to keep a schedule at distance, so I partenered with the architect to establish the studio an divide the expenses.

The problem (or doubt) I have is how I should contract the employees. Im thinking about start with only one web designer and one programmer BUT I don't have resources to keep a payroll, so I have a few ideas:

-Propose to another freelancers to work with/for me where we all get clients, I handle all the PR (Im not the best, but pretty good at it) and cash more % since Im supporting the office and everything. The one who gets the job gets as well more % than usual. There would be no employer/employee contract so there would be no wage.

Pros: I dont have to keep a payroll.
    Cons: I dont really have much control over the workers and they could easily be unresponsible hurting my brand.

-Propose a minimum wage and a % of every work comes to the company. If one of them brings a client, they get a comission of that particular work.

Pros: I have more control over the employees, and I could get a bigger part of the money of each project since its clear that they work me.
    Cons: I have to keep a payroll, if my clients dissapear or go elsewhere I would need to put my employee salary in the company just to keep it running.

So...the office will be completed in about 2 weeks from now. So I dont have to much time to think since my clients are already pushing to see their projects finished.

Anyone here who could give me a hand? I really need one now...

Thanks in advance!!

2. Jorge

Jorge Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $227
    Nobody there? :(

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.