The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Web development studio Administration. Help!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
First of all, if this thread is not in the right forum, excuse me and move to where it should be.

As I explained in the introductions forum, Im about to establish a Web Development / Architectural Visualization Studio with a partner.

He is an architect devoted to 3d visualization and will manage that dep. of the studio, I will handle the web development area.

I could really use some advice here about how to manage the employees. Let me explain:

I have been a freelance developer for some time now and my client list has expanded to a point were I can no longer manage it. I outsourced part of the work with a -very good- programmer from another city in my country, but it was really difficult to keep a schedule at distance, so I partenered with the architect to establish the studio an divide the expenses.

The problem (or doubt) I have is how I should contract the employees. Im thinking about start with only one web designer and one programmer BUT I don't have resources to keep a payroll, so I have a few ideas:

-Propose to another freelancers to work with/for me where we all get clients, I handle all the PR (Im not the best, but pretty good at it) and cash more % since Im supporting the office and everything. The one who gets the job gets as well more % than usual. There would be no employer/employee contract so there would be no wage.

Pros: I dont have to keep a payroll.
Cons: I dont really have much control over the workers and they could easily be unresponsible hurting my brand.

-Propose a minimum wage and a % of every work comes to the company. If one of them brings a client, they get a comission of that particular work.

Pros: I have more control over the employees, and I could get a bigger part of the money of each project since its clear that they work me.
Cons: I have to keep a payroll, if my clients dissapear or go elsewhere I would need to put my employee salary in the company just to keep it running.

So...the office will be completed in about 2 weeks from now. So I dont have to much time to think since my clients are already pushing to see their projects finished.

Anyone here who could give me a hand? I really need one now...

Thanks in advance!!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom