The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Design & SEO Agency Progress Thread

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Day #15

5/5 Tasks Completed

- New SEO deal in the pipeline.
- Elevator technicians site is finally hosted, and email is configured. Sending MRR contract tomorrow.
- Lawyer CEO didn't pick up multiple times today. Weird, seeing as even his receptionist didn't. Perhaps he's still on holiday? I sent off the site redesign anyway and will follow up tomorrow via phone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Day #16

5/5 Tasks Completed

- 2x SEO deals in the pipeline.
- Completed all design for the U.S Construction Company site. Just need to hear back from them for some finishing touches.
- Created a spreadsheet that will make my Prospecting + Follow-Ups a lot easier & effective.

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Day #17

5/5 Tasks Completed

Highlights

- Local Law Firm CEO is busy, and hard to get a hold of. He said he's interested, so I will persist.
- Sent out 3 sites today for law firms.
- I just need one good result from a website that is sales related. I will persist.

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Day #18

5/5 Tasks Completed

Highlights

- Sent out personalised prospect emails. I was very picky about who I contacted. One law firm responded instantly saying they were busy this week, but let's talk next week. Good sign.
- A big company I was hoping to do a free redesign for emailed back saying they commissioned a new site already literally just 2 weeks ago. Damn. Still a good learning experience.
- Elevator technician paid invoice for monthly retainer today - my first MRR client!

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Day #19

5/5 Tasks Completed

Highlights

- I made some personalised printouts for a few hand-picked businesses I'd like to redesign the website for (Good reviews, Good SM presence, Poor site). I'll be visiting & handing them out in-person today.
- Emailed an accountant used by both of my parents. He has many lawyers, dentists etc. as clients, so he could be a great source of leads if he accepts work for his site.
- Elevator tech replied mentioning he got his first client from the site yesterday. Literally just a couple of days after the site went up! I'm pretty sure that one client will already pay off the cost of his site. Combined with my SEO work I'm looking forward to getting him some great results in the coming months.

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Day #20

5/5 Tasks Completed

Highlights

- Put together some email scripts for prospecting
- Listed companies to visit in person next week
- Spent time learning + doing SEO work for the elevator technician

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just a quick message to say I haven't given up.

I'm still going, and today I had a bit of a breakthrough - a $2,000 sale paid!

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 19.33.35.png

This hit me pretty hard - it's almost double what I used to get paid for in my previous job that I hated.

I'm still pushing, and will update this thread with progress.

The $10,000/mo goal by the end of this year still stands.

Looking forward to posting more soon.

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 3, 2022
Hi all,

Just a quick message to say I haven't given up.

I'm still going, and today I had a bit of a breakthrough - a $2,000 sale paid!

View attachment 42838

This hit me pretty hard - it's almost double what I used to get paid for in my previous job that I hated.

I'm still pushing, and will update this thread with progress.

The $10,000/mo goal by the end of this year still stands.

Looking forward to posting more soon.
How is it going so far?

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
How is it going so far?

More detailed update coming in a couple months ;)

Got paid for another $2,000 website today though:

Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 20.41.49.png

July is on track to be a record month for me.

Thanks for taking the time to check in though mate, I really appreciate it.

CoderSales

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 3, 2020
Colorado
More detailed update coming in a couple months ;)

Got paid for another $2,000 website today though:

View attachment 44446

July is on track to be a record month for me.

Thanks for taking the time to check in though mate, I really appreciate it.
Your progress has been great, fun to follow. I've taken that journey and I can step in and give direction; you're NOT charging enough for your work.

I got my very first client which was web design for $20K USD from a cold call. I didn't have any testimonials/ratings/anything like that and the deal was done in 2 phone calls. Yes, it's possible BUT you have to get really good at prospecting. And I'm 90% sure if I had pitched that website for $2,000 USD the CEO would have told me to pound sand because he would've seen little value due to the rate being so low. You should be charging AT LEAST $3,000 USD for SEO/month with a 3 month commitment so you can bring massive results to your clients. That gives you enough margin and resources for what you need to get done on a monthly retainer... or however you invoice.

Back to web design selling... I would only send those free mock ups to interested prospects. Otherwise you're literally wasting your time on low return activity. So send an email like this, "hey I noticed that your website is outdated and compared to {competitor here} it's not even close. But I can fix this for you, I've already made a free mock up for you to increase qualified leads BUT are you the person to send it to?" If they say "Yes, send it to me" then you do the mockup and send it. Otherwise, don't waste your time. At this stage, you should be focused on setting appointments until you land a big client for $15,000.

Tell the lawyer that you've got a banger of a design for his firm and he's got until the end of the week to discuss with you otherwise you're talking to his competitor... lawyers HATE being strong armed and hate their competitors even more. If he doesn't respond, it wasn't even real in the first place. And don't take a brush off from his secretary or whomever else. Never take a "no" from someone who can't personally sign a web design/SEO contract on their own authority.

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
You should be charging AT LEAST $3,000 USD for SEO/month with a 3 month commitment so you can bring massive results to your clients.
At this stage, you should be focused on setting appointments until you land a big client for $15,000.

Damn. Talk about a mindset shift.

Tell the lawyer that you've got a banger of a design for his firm and he's got until the end of the week to discuss with you otherwise you're talking to his competitor... lawyers HATE being strong armed and hate their competitors even more. If he doesn't respond, it wasn't even real in the first place. And don't take a brush off from his secretary or whomever else. Never take a "no" from someone who can't personally sign a web design/SEO contract on their own authority.

Trying this approach out today. Thanks for the advice @CoderSales

CoderSales

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 3, 2020
Colorado
Damn. Talk about a mindset shift.

Trying this approach out today. Thanks for the advice @CoderSales
Get em! Keep me updated.

How do you prospect? When I started off, I used Woodpecker: Tools for Cold Email, Sales Automation & Agency for sending emails and calendly to have the prospects book time on the calendar. Use the Calendly questions to pre vet the prospects to make sure the 4 most important things:

-are they the decision maker (NEVER talk to muppets)
-do they have the money
-do they even want new customers/new website etc?
-can they handle an influx of new customers? Is their backend/operations setup to handle scale?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.