Finally decided to jump in and post. I usually lurk a lot of forums but I really enjoy this forum.
I have a question regarding owner occupied commercial property. Would this be a great idea, or something I should avoid doing?
This is way into the future, but I was wondering, once I have enough money for a down payment for an apartment building, should I move out into a unit, and use the other units to break even, or possibly cashflow? Should I be leveraged as much as possible? I'm still living at home and I decided if I'm going to move out I'm only going to rent for a year, and then look into multifamilies. As a mortgage broker I know commercial property is more based on the property then your personal financials.
I appreciate all feedback. :banana::banana::banana:
I have a question regarding owner occupied commercial property. Would this be a great idea, or something I should avoid doing?
This is way into the future, but I was wondering, once I have enough money for a down payment for an apartment building, should I move out into a unit, and use the other units to break even, or possibly cashflow? Should I be leveraged as much as possible? I'm still living at home and I decided if I'm going to move out I'm only going to rent for a year, and then look into multifamilies. As a mortgage broker I know commercial property is more based on the property then your personal financials.
I appreciate all feedback. :banana::banana::banana:
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
